[Challenge] The Engineer Playthrough!

Wouldn't the old step up entry for hoiks that was originally used when only up hoiks were available allow the old man to be hoiked? I've had zombies using my hoikevator on their own on several occasions and their entry is classic without actuators... It was a bit annoying since I was still at the top of the hoikevator constructing it at the time!

Of course actually making the old man enter the hoik is relatively easy if one limits his options to only that direction.

Yes, should work so long as you do it during the daytime - hoik the old man to the temple and wait until night, making sure the old man never leaves your sight.

This would take a lot of hammering but might be faster than hunting down life crystals to spawn the goblin invasion, then finding the tinkerer to be able to craft boulders.

Yes, should work so long as you do it during the daytime - hoik the old man to the temple and wait until night, making sure the old man never leaves your sight.

This would take a lot of hammering but might be faster than hunting down life crystals to spawn the goblin invasion, then finding the tinkerer to be able to craft boulders.

Life Crystals? Shouldn't it be Shadow Orbs or Crimson Hearts? Those are the ones I thought were needed to be broken for goblins to start appearing...

Life Crystals? Shouldn't it be Shadow Orbs or Crimson Hearts? Those are the ones I thought were needed to be broken for goblins to start appearing...

You need to find 5 life crystals for the Goblin Invasion - the Invasion will only happen if you have 200 or more life.

You need to find 5 life crystals for the Goblin Invasion - the Invasion will only happen if you have 200 or more life.

Ah, OK!

I usually have max possible health before I break the orbs/hearts because I spend more time underground than over it... I only ever break the orbs/hearts to fight those bosses or to obtain the items they drop. ;p

Can some one explain to me how hoiks work without wires please. I though you had to switch them "on" and "off" for them to move things.
Also can hoiks move coins?

Wireless Hoiks move only moving beings (mobs, NPCs, yourself). The method is through step up. When you step up into a block of higher elevation, you first raise upwards slightly then move to the left or right on top of said block. If a block is immediately above you, you will be unable to step up. But if a block is above behind you, you can enter a hoik if said block is hammered.

All this I believe is covered in the hoik guide...

To move coins you need a size 1 actuated hoik.

Not sure if anyone is still trying this. Being new to TMEC and terraria I am giving it a go on normal mode, hardcore. Made a mob proof house with hoiks for entrances which is cool, but I lost my first two chars to falling boulders. Also, I have no idea how I'm going to kill the goblin summoners the first time. I may not have time to finish this challenge lol.

Not sure if anyone is still trying this. Being new to TMEC and terraria I am giving it a go on normal mode, hardcore. Made a mob proof house with hoiks for entrances which is cool, but I lost my first two chars to falling boulders. Also, I have no idea how I'm going to kill the goblin summoners the first time. I may not have time to finish this challenge lol.
its really easy once you get the wire lady out of the dungeon, you basically have to cheese skeletron with boulders

its really easy once you get the wire lady out of the dungeon, you basically have to cheese skeletron with boulders
Yea I saw that. But I haven't seen anyone discuss how to kill the goblin summoners first. Just jump around and hit em with a reavershark or hammer is the only thing I've thought of.

Just started a run, no bosses yet, but I'm working my way up, quick question, is the sickle a tool, it gathers hay so I've counted it. And on the matter, if flare guns give off light can they count too?

Soooooo......i am trying this challenge and so far it´s going really great, well....but the RNG is really annoying. You know that feel when you start a world and you are forbidden to use sword and so on and so on and then RNG be like: ,,Oh.......so you want to play without a proper weapon (nothing against pickaxes, axes, hammers and drills), then let me give you something useful. We call it............(drums)...............Enchanted sword." Anyway i am going to use it and build a nice room around that sword in the stone and call it, the cave of the forbidden sword or something like that. But thanks to RNG i´ve got myself Reaver Shark on 4th try, so i´ve got that going for me.

The Old One´s Army can be defeated pretty easily by placing down minecart tracks and driving over those goblins. (Tier 1)
I hope this information may help somebody, maybe using the explosive trap.

I am going to try this
BUT
i feel like this would be way better with the mechtransfer mod since you can have turrets and stuff

Very cool seeing all the ways people have gone about this! Probably going to be my next playthrough! I'll get back to my computer on the 2nd, and I can't wait to get started!

Since the pickaxes, drills, hammers, and axes all do melee damage and are considered "tools" nonetheless, is the Ice Rod considered a tool or magic weapon? If isn't considered a tool, can we still use it if we don't attack with it? Also, am I correct in saying that the Butcher's Chainsaw is still an appropriate "tool" to fight with if we are to obtain it?

Since the pickaxes, drills, hammers, and axes all do melee damage and are considered "tools" nonetheless, is the Ice Rod considered a tool or magic weapon? If isn't considered a tool, can we still use it if we don't attack with it? Also, am I correct in saying that the Butcher's Chainsaw is still an appropriate "tool" to fight with if we are to obtain it?
Hammush? That's a pretty high-damage "tool".
also what about dynamite lol

Back
Top Bottom