Biomes & Nature Challenger's Ring

So far, what do you think?

• Total voters

Warnerd

Wall of Flesh
The Concept

This spawns on the opposite side of the world than the dungeon. When you enter your armor, weapons, and buffs go away. When you leave you get your items back. You have a copper shortsword and must kill a green slime to pick your Fighting Style (ranged, melee, or magic). After you pick you get weapons and buffs according to your style. Ranged gets a wooden bow, wooden armor, 100 arrows, and an iron shortsword. Melee gets an iron broadsword, iron armor, and 25 throwing knives. Magic gets a Amethyst staff (with 5 mana stars), wooden armor, and an iron shortsword. You must speak to the Challenger's Ring Announcer to start the fights. The more you do the more powerful you get, and you can get Challenger's coins for winning matches. You use the coins to buy new armor, new weapons, and new materials. Theres a blacksmith in the crafting room, and he can make you special weapons that can be used inside or out of the arena. There is one new boss, but im still working on his stats, phases, and drops.

The Ring

Its made of unbreakable stone, the background is crowds cheering and the sky is blue, and its alway bright, at night doors will shut if enemies are near you. You cant leave the ring of you're fighting something. Your friends cant help or they get killed by the Challenger's Ring Bouncer, but they can watch from platforms, which they can throw 0 damage no knockback slow speed rotten fruit, which gives a 30 second debuff that reads "no one likes you."

This is unfinished.

Last edited:
This is a cool concept, but I think it would be impossible to implement the way you did in the post. It could work as a separate world type though, one where you choose the difficulty and equipment before you enter the world, then begin the challenges and place your rewards in a storage unit like the piggy bank, which you can access in a different world.

This is a cool concept, but I think it would be impossible to implement the way you did in the post. It could work as a separate world type though, one where you choose the difficulty and equipment before you enter the world, then begin the challenges and place your rewards in a storage unit like the piggy bank, which you can access in a different world.
Thats a nice idea, but alot of people (including me) dont like making new worlds for purposes like that. The world would have to be puny too, its a small ring, about two times the size of the top of the dungeon.

Thats a nice idea, but alot of people (including me) dont like making new worlds for purposes like that. The world would have to be puny too, its a small ring, about two times the size of the top of the dungeon.
Maybe it could be accessed using an object in game or an option in the pause menu. I thought it was a better method than a structure that somehow temporarily removes all the items in your inventory when you enter and has you pick your weapons by killing a slime. If it was in a world separate from the main one, you wouldn't have to worry about anything happening outside the arena or where the players items go.

Last edited:
Maybe it could be accessed using an object in game or an option in the pause menu. I thought it was a better method than a structure that somehow temporarily removes all the items in your inventory when you enter and has you pick your weapons by killing a slime. If it was in a world separate from the main one, you wouldn't have to worry about anything happening outside the arena or where the players items gom
Your items come back when you leave, forgot to mention that.

I don't see the point in having to kill a green slime with a copper shortsword to "start" the challenges, as it is essentially forcing the player to use a melee weapon before moving on towards picking another class that could very well not be melee. It would make more sense in my opinion to just pick a class and go. What's important about killing the green slime?

I don't really think this would fit into the game. The only part that I really like is the end, where it says you can throw No-one-likes-you-fruit. REDIGIT, PLEASE ADD THIS FRUIT!

First of all, on the opposite side of the dungeon is the jungle, so this will eat up a portion of its surface.
Its powered by an NPC which can be killed in different ways, thus messing up the entire ring.
It limits you to certain classes.
It's made of something unbreakable, which is bad.
And I don't see this working out in game.

As much as I want something similar, this sounds good on paper, but will be a mess in game.

This is one of those ideas which is good at first glance, but just is impossible to implement and doesn't really fit Terraria either.

I feel that Terraria should be you and some few other people (NPCs) surviving in a hostile world. An Arena suggests pre-existing human civilisation.

Back
Top Bottom