Other Literature Champion Greninjoid’s Official Lore Thread!

7FBA0B3D-C3C9-4A06-89B1-1A23364208DA.png

I’ve been roleplaying for... A while now, and somewhere along the line I started to make my own lore for character backstories, ability/magic types, and even a world or two for character origin. This is a place for me to write some of these down so I can refer back to them later, or just so I don’t forget. I might also put some stories here as well if I feel they fit with the theme of the thread. Now, Without further ado... Here‘s what I have so far.
I’m going to switch to forum default formatting now, because if I don’t it’ll be a nightmare to deal with later.​
Name: Madeline
Height: 3ft
Weight: 27lb
Appearance: A female Meowstic with a purple bracelet on her left arm and a scar on her right leg.
Species: Meowstic
SOUL Type: Lavender (Blood Monster Unique)
Sexuality: Lesbian
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
LoV: 18
Danger Level: 9
Personality: Madeline is definitely a pessimist, and views the world negatively due to her generally unpleasant experiences in life. She does have a few hobbies, though. Madeline enjoys science and inventing, and though she’s been proven to be clever she sometimes struggles to be creative. After countless attacks on herself and her friends, she’s gotten a bit paranoid. Her favorite color is purple and she loves sushi.
Abilities:
-Telekinesis: Madeline can move objects and people with her mind.
-Teleportation: Madeline has the ability to move herself and anyone else she chooses within a 10 foot range to another location.
-Telepathy: Madeline can speak with others through their minds, and/or create links between two or more people to cause the thoughts of the linked entities to be broadcasted to the others. Communication done through telepathy will be marked like <“This”>.
-Crystal Spikes: Madeline can cause spikes of purple crystal to sprout from the ground, and can launch smaller crystal projectiles.
-Karmic Retribution: Madeline‘s attacks can inflict Soul Poisoning.
-Critical Eye: Madeline’s left eye can scan for weaknesses of an enemy or mechanism. When it does so, it glows purple.
-Soul Link: Madeline can link the souls of two or more entities together, so that they share recieved damage and healing.
-Soul Share: Madeline can send a portion of her soul into others, allowing them to use some of her power to attack.
Ultimate Skill: Overwrite
-Allows Madeline to change something in reality. This can be anything from creating an object to moving an entire area to somewhere else, along with everyone and everything else in that area. Using this skill drains her life force depending on what it is used to do. Areas that have been moved may cause tears in reality, which appear as glitchy-looking spots that are actually patches of the Void. Coming in contact with a Void patch will transport you to the part of the Void overlaying that spot.

Notable Inventions:
-Teleportation Device: A remote with an antenna and 3 buttons. Two exist. The buttons do the following: The green one in the middle brings you within a 15 foot range of the other remote, the blue button can bring the user to any place they have been before, but unless the person pressing the button focuses on a specific location in their mind the device chooses a random one. The red button brings the user to the Wormhole Machine, which is located in a small town.
-Wormhole Machine: A hi-tech machine that can open a wormhole to anywhere. It is powered by a Porygon-Z, so it isn’t too reliable.
-The Void Dragon: A mechanical dragon created with metal harvested from the Void. It is indestructible in any realm other than the Void, as it cannot truly exist anywhere else. Because of this, it can only be present in other dimensions for no longer than a few minutes at a time under normal circumstances. It can absorb souls to gain more power, and can use those souls to fire energy beams. It is modeled after the Pokémon Aerodactyl.
Other Skills:
-Madeline is a surprisingly good cook.
Weaknesses:
-Low defenses. Madeline could possibly be killed in a few physical hits.
Extra/Trivia:
-Madeline started out as one of the Pokemon on my main roleplaying team, and when I came to these forums she was given telepathy and was changed to be one of the Pokemon of my first RP character on here before he was retired. This makes Madeline my oldest active character, by quite a bit. Her concept was first made in collaboration with one of my friends who used to be pretty active here.
-Her name has no deep meaning. Madeline was the first female French name I could think of that started with an M. However, unlike most of my placeholder names this name remains canon today.
Name: Reese
Height: 5ft, 11inch
Weight: 185lb
Appearance:
Reese has dark brown hair and tanned skin. He wears a crimson-and-maroon striped shirt and dark gray sweatpants. His shoes are black and he wears The Locket.
Species: Human
SOUL Type: Red (Determination)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
LoV: 3
Danger Level: 8
Personality: Reese tends to range from constantly making jokes to deadly serious in a short amount of time. He can have a grim sense of humor sometimes and can also come off as rude, but he can be a legitimately caring person. His favorite color is red.
Abilities:
-Knife Bullets: Red knives made up of SOUL energy. He uses them in a variety of attacks, including the following:
•Crimson Storm: A semi-random flurry of knife bullets.
•Iron Maiden: A cage of inwards-pointing knife bullets to restrain an enemy and impale them if necessary.
-Power Spare: An extremely powerful attack that leaves the target at 1 HP and minimizes their attack power. Can only be used if the user’s intention is truly to spare.

SOUL Skill (Determination): Has the abilities of someone with a Determination SOUL, and has the powers of the Knight due to his ancestry.
Ultimate Skill: Reset
-Allows Reese to turn back time to a certain point. Doing so actually creates a second timeline, instead of overwriting the first, and this comes with some consequences...

Other Skills:
-Reese is quite creative, and almost never uses the same bullet pattern twice unless it’s something special (see above under Knife Bullets for examples)
Weaknesses:
-Gets too cocky after a few successful attacks.
-Makes his attacks unnecessarily flashy.
Extra/Trivia:
-Reese is a descendant of the Knight.
-Reese was originally made as an antagonist, but I suck at writing proper antagonists so he defected to the "Good" side. Because I couldn't think of a name, I made up a bad acronym for his intial concept and tweaked it to sound better. His name was, for about a minute and a half: Red Evil Soul Superior Everything(???).
SOULs are the culmination of a person’s life force and being. While most are normal, white SOULs with no specific traits there are some that grant their owners special abilities.
The Multiverse, as defined today, consists of an as-of-yet infinite number of planes of reality that intersect with each other to create an equally infinite number of universes. These planes are generally defined by specific rules, and the universes they create are defined by the combinations of these rules. Within a universe, timelines exist as chains of events that form a plane's history. A timeline can split under certain circumstances (Or after certain events), creating a second timeline and possibly another universe or plane, but most universes have one timeline that can easily be discerned as the original one. To explain all of this in a less mind-numbing and more visually appealing way, information will be further separated by subtopics (Kind of like how Planes form, heh).
Although an infinite number of planes exist, with more forming today, the cause of their formation is still a mystery and a lack of proper description plagues (The vast majority of) the multiverse. However, there is one specific thing that differentiates one plane from another: Its core function. The core function of a plane is, in simple terms, a rule that governs all existence in universes created by the plane. For example, one very common type of universe is that created on an intersection with a plane which, among a great many other things, contains a mostly oceanic planet that has been called 'Earth' by many of its inhabitants. Another well-known plane is that which was created by the Primordial with the sole purpose to house the god Arceus. Although universes are created where planes intersect, there are spots on a plane where no other plane is present. These are known as Primordial Planes, and are usually unsuitable for existence of any kind that does not abide by the plane's core function (for example, exposure to the Plane of Madness would destroy those without a broken mind, and exposure to the Plane of Purity would destroy anyone possessing imperfection).Planes can usually (Although there have been exceptions) only be travelled between with planar portals.
When a group of planes intersect, they create an infinitely-expanding universe. This universe is the manifest of the planes' core functions, and all existence within it reflects this. For example, if one were to observe a universe on the intersection between the Arceus Plane (See "Planes") and the plane of Chaos, they might find a shattered place inhabited by Pokémon. Or alternatively, upon arrival in a universe who has a parent plane filled entirely by water one might find it quite hard to breathe, unless of course the visitor is aquatic. Additionally, a type of universe is a "Parallel Universe". These are universes which exist at the same intersection as another, Other universes differ from ours in incomprehensible ways, and as such only a few are mentioned in the portion of this database that you have access to. New universes are constantly being discovered. Travel between universes is possible in a few different ways, mostly covered by the following:
-Entering a strange wormhole
-Parallel universes can sometimes be transversed by the presence of large amounts of power
Relatively self-explanatory, a timeline contains the events that take place in a given universe. Even in a single universe, an infinite number of timelines can exist as every moment causes countless branches. Usually, only notable timelines are recorded as it would be impossible to catalogue all branches even for a single universe. And even in the same universe, critical events can cause timelines to split in ways that leave their branches vastly different from one another (This can sometimes cause confusion about the difference between a timeline an a universe in the most dramatic scenarios). Travel between timelines is possible in several ways, including (but not limited to) the following:
-Time travel (Entering a separate timeline in this way is usually not intentional)
-Entering a strange wormhole
-Attempting to edit a timeline's history
-Destroying an artifact that is very important to a timeline's identity
Dimensions were not included above due to not technically being a part of the Multiverse, but information on them is important so they do get their own section here. A dimension is a small realm that exists away from an
To help with some confusion about exact example differences, I will use Undertale AUs as examples to show how the rules in the above spoilers work. Interestingly, not all AUs live up to the title, actually being only different timelines. In this guide, many popular Undertale AUs will be shown, as well as whether they qualify as a separate universe, or just a branch of the timeline. With each ruling the reason(s) will be listed, for ease of understanding the criteria. The list starts now:
-Undertale: The main timeline of the Undertale universe that we recognize. This will be the base to which the rest of the items will be compared.
-Underswap: Universe. This universe was created on the junction of the Undertale plane with the Swap plane A (Everything is the same, except each person lived their counterpart's life).
-Underfell: Universe. This universe formed on an overlap between the Undertale plane and the Fell Plane (The personality of every being in a universe created on this plane is inverted, and darker colors are more common. Most people in this universe prefer red and black to other colors).
-Storyshift (and variants): Universe. This universe was created on the Shift plane B and on (Each person lived the life of a counterpart other than their main one, usually with a certain pattern to selection).
-Dusttale: Timeline. The only difference between Undertale and Dusttale is that in Dusttale Sans remembers past RESETs and tries to stop the player by killing everyone first. The deviance was caused by a single catalyst, and thus can be traced to a particular branch of Undertale's timeline.
-Xtale: Dimension.
The Void is, to put it simply, a plane of nothingness that overlaps with all other planes of reality. Sometimes, overlap with the Void becomes evident in small patches. These patches manifest as visible disruptions that look like glitches, and is caused by several planes of reality overwriting each other on a loop in the corrupted area.It cannot be peered into unless you are inside, and once you are in the Void there is no* escape. There are several known methods of entering the void:
-Attempting to teleport to coordinates that do not exist on your current plane of reality
-Teleporting to a spot where something else already exists (i.e. trees, buildings, other people). When this happens, either the person teleporting is sent to the Void, or the thing teleported into is. There seems to be no way to predict which will happen.
-Coming in contact with a patch of the Void within your own plane of reality.
*While it is impossible to escape from the Void, it would technically be possible to be removed from it. Methods of doing so, however, are currently unknown.
This thread will not be updated in any sort of consistent pattern, only when I feel like it. It will probably never be complete, since I’m always coming up with new ideas.​

Last edited:
View attachment 368611
I’ve been roleplaying for... A while now, and somewhere along the line I started to make my own lore for character backstories, ability/magic types, and even a world or two for character origin. This is a place for me to write some of these down so I can refer back to them later, or just so I don’t forget. I might also put some stories here as well if I feel they fit with the theme of the thread. Now, Without further ado... Here‘s what I have so far.
I’m going to switch to forum default formatting now, because if I don’t it’ll be a nightmare to deal with later.​
Name: Madeline
Height: 3ft
Weight: 27lb
Appearance: A female Meowstic with a purple bracelet on her left arm and a scar on her right leg.
Species: Meowstic
SOUL Type: Lavender (Blood Monster Unique)
Sexuality: Lesbian
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
LoV: 18
Danger Level: 9
Personality: Madeline is definitely a pessimist, and views the world negatively due to her generally unpleasant experiences in life. She does have a few hobbies, though. Madeline enjoys science and inventing, and though she’s been proven to be clever she sometimes struggles to be creative. After the multiple attacks on herself and her friends, she’s gotten a bit paranoid. Her favorite color is purple and she likes sushi.
Abilities:
-Telekinesis: Madeline can move objects and people with her mind.
-Teleportation: Madeline has the ability to move herself and anyone else she chooses within a 10 foot range to another location.
-Telepathy: Madeline can speak with others through their minds, and/or create links between two or more people to cause the thoughts of the linked entities to be broadcasted to the others. Communication done through telepathy will be marked like <“This”>.
-Crystal Spikes: Madeline can cause spikes of purple crystal to sprout from the ground, and can launch smaller spikes through the air.
-Karmatic Retribution: Madeline‘s attacks inflict Soul Poisoning.
-Critical Eye: Madeline’s left eye can scan for weaknesses of an enemy or mechanism. When it does so, it glows purple.
-Soul Link: Madeline can link the souls of two or more entities together, so that they share recieved damage and healing.
-Soul Share: Madeline can send a portion of her soul into others, allowing them to use some of her power to attack.
Ultimate Skill: Overwrite
-Allows Madeline to change something in reality. This can be anything from creating an object to moving an entire area to somewhere else, along with everyone and everything else in that area. Using this skill drains her life force depending on what it is used to do. Areas that have been moved may cause tears in reality, which appear as glitchy-looking spots that are actually patches of the Void. Coming in contact with a Void patch will transport you to the part of the Void overlaying that spot.

Notable Inventions:
-Teleportation Device: A remote with an antenna and 3 buttons. Two exist. The buttons do the following: The green one in the middle brings you within a 15 foot range of the other remote, the blue button can bring the user to any place they have been before, but unless the person pressing the button focuses on a specific location in their mind the device chooses a random one. The red button brings the user to the Wormhole Machine, which is located in a small town.
-Wormhole Machine: A hi-tech machine that can open a wormhole to anywhere. It is powered by a Porygon-Z, so it isn’t too reliable.
-The Void Dragon: A mechanical dragon created with metal harvested from the Void. It is indestructible in any realm other than the Void as it cannot truly exist anywhere else for longer than a few minutes under normal circumstances. It can absorb souls to gain more power, and can use those souls to fire energy beams. It is modeled after the Pokémon Aerodactyl.
Other Skills:
-Madeline is a surprisingly good cook.
Weaknesses:
-Low defenses. Madeline could possibly be killed in a few physical hits.
Name: Reese
Height: 5ft, 11inch
Weight: 185lb
Appearance:
Reese has dark brown hair and tanned skin. He wears a crimson-and-maroon striped shirt and dark gray sweatpants. His shoes are black and he wears The Locket.
Species: Human
SOUL Type: Red (Determination)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
LoV: 3
Danger Level: 8
Personality:
Abilities:
-Knife bullets: Red knives made up of SOUL energy. He uses them in a variety of attacks, including the following:
•Crimson Storm: A semi-random flurry of knife bullets.
•Iron Maiden: A cage of inwards-pointing knife bullets to restrain an enemy and impale them if necessary.

Other Skills:
Weaknesses:
The Void is, to put it simply, a plane of nothingness that overlaps with the normal world. It cannot be seen unless you are inside, and once you are in the Void there is no* escape. There are several known methods of entering the void:
-Attempting to teleport to coordinates that do not exist on your current plane of reality
-teleporting to a spot where something else already exists (I.e. trees, buildings, other people). When this happens, either the person teleporting is sent to the Void, or the thing teleported into is. There seems to be no algorithm for predicting which will happen.
-Coming in contact with a patch of the Void within your own plane of reality.
*While it is impossible to escape from the Void, it would technically be possible to be brought out of it. Methods of doing so are currently unknown.
This thread will not be updated in any sort of consistent pattern, only when I feel like it. It will probably never be complete, since I’m always coming up with new ideas.​
Cool!

Back
Top Bottom