Chance to not consume bullet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daz

Steampunker
Hello my fellow Terrarians,

After having played Terraria for a while I've become curious about the chance to not consume bullet mechanic on certain weapons and armours.
We all see the different percentages on the different items but how do the percentages interact with eachother?

For example:
If you have a Megashark (50% chance) and mythril set with helmet (20% chance) with the buff from the ammo box(20% chance).
How do the %'s interact with eachother? Diminishingly? Are they added to eachother? or are they completely separate?

Added together. The 50% from the MegaShark. 20% from mythril and ammo box stacks so u eould get 90% chance to to use ammo. That what i think. But then u could add other things and get 150% chance to use ammo. .. idk

As far as I know there are multiple dices being rolled when the game decides to use a bullet or not.
In your case when firing a bullet you'll get a 50% chance roll. If you pass that you'll not use up a bullet. If you fail the roll it'll try another roll on the next item. Pass that and you will keep your bullet. Fail it, it'll try the next item. No more items? You'll lose the bullet.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
At any rate, the percentages do not add up.

The above is incorrect.
Without any buffs you have a 100% chance to consume armor; with a Megashark that 100 drops to 50.
From that 50, you would take out 20% with a mythril set with helmet, that equals 40%.
Therefore, you get diminishing returns with more items that reduce by a percent because the percent is taken from the result and not the starting 100%

I believe, with all the ammunition buffs, that the maximum ammo reduction is 75% (rounded) for bullet weapons that have a 50% bonus and 50% for anything else (excluding the Minishark).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom