Items Change Recipes involving the Avenger Emblem

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Avenger_Emblem.png
I saw that crafting a Celestial Emblem requires an Avenger Emblem and a Celestial Magnet. When I saw that it increases magic damage by 15%, I wondered "What's the point of throwing away a Warrior Emblem and a Ranger Emblem if I'm just getting the effect of the Sorcerer Emblem and the Magnet?" The same problem occurs in many of the Avenger Emblem's "upgrades." Why waste an Avenger Emblem if you're only getting one class of damage bonuses? It would make a lot more sense if they required the base class emblem rather than wasting unnecessary extra ones.

Don't be confused by the two different Celestial Emblem sprites. The red is current. The other uses a new color scheme that matches the altered recipe as well as a star insignia that was made by Scarecrow. Just putting them both there for contrast.

<F for the fallen images from TO> Celestial Emblem =
Celestial_Magnet.png
Celestial Magnet +
Sorcerer_Emblem.png
Sorcerer Emblem

Mechanical_Glove.png
Mechanical Glove =
Power_Glove.png
Power Glove +
Warrior_Emblem.png
Warrior Emblem

Sniper_Scope.png
Sniper Scope =
Rifle_Scope.png
Rifle Scope +
Ranger_Emblem.png
Ranger Emblem +
Eye_of_the_Golem.png
Eye of the Golem

If you agree with this, then let me know! I'm listening to feedback.

Last edited:
Have you considered adding these to your thread about alternative recipes?
Yeah, but then this one would become redundant. :l

This one is kind of deserving of its own thing, since Emblem grinding is almost universally considered a problem.

Last edited:
This makes a lot more sense. I really hope that this gets added soon to avoid RNG screwing people over.

Yes please. Why would they even make it like that in the first place? Do the devs enjoy having us kill the guide over and over again?

This will be extremely useful if they add a Summoner Emblem (I recall them saying that they have). It would be wonderful not having to grind for all of the emblems just to upgrade one.

Idea: Ranger's Eye: Ranger Emblem plus Eye of the Golem. Combined effects of both. Can take the place of its components in the Sniper Scope recipe.

Stacking the accessories together might be a bit OP... :indifferent:

If I recall correctly, there are enough damage boosting items (either class specific or universal) for every class that each class can get up to 4 or 5 "damage accessories" already. Making more won't increase the severity of this problem due to the hard cap of 5 accessories.

while i am a firm believer that "greatness requires sacrifice", there is a such thing as being a bit overzealous with that approach. being a pure-mage, what use could i possibly have for the warrior/ranger emblem aside from building my celestial emblem? either way, it makes me appreciate my gear because of how much hassle i went through to build it.

you have my support 110% :D

If I recall correctly, there are enough damage boosting items (either class specific or universal) for every class that each class can get up to 4 or 5 "damage accessories" already. Making more won't increase the severity of this problem due to the hard cap of 5 accessories.
Time to do some investigating.

Melee
Warrior_Emblem.png
Avenger_Emblem.png
Eye_of_the_Golem.png
Destroyer_Emblem.png
Mechanical_Glove.png

+49% Damage, +18% Crits, +12% Speed. [1.49 * 1.18 * 1.12 = +97% net worth of bonuses.]

Ranged
Ranger_Emblem.png
Avenger_Emblem.png
Eye_of_the_Golem.png
Destroyer_Emblem.png
Sniper_Scope.png

+47% Damage, +28% Crits. [1.47 * 1.28 = +88% net worth of bonuses.]

Magic
Sorcerer_Emblem.png
Avenger_Emblem.png
Eye_of_the_Golem.png
Destroyer_Emblem.png
Celestial_Emblem.png

+52% Damage, +18% Crits. [1.52 * 1.18 = 79% net worth of all bonuses.]

Evidently, there is a linear pattern here. Given the four "constant" damage modifying accessories plus one specialized class accessory for each of the three classes, Magic, Ranged, and Melee all appear to have a 9% difference in net bonus worth from each other, which is rather fascinating, if you ask me.

If we substitute the Eye of the Golem for a Fire Gauntlet in the Melee setup:

Melee II
Warrior_Emblem.png
Avenger_Emblem.png
Destroyer_Emblem.png
Mechanical_Glove.png
Fire_Gauntlet.png

+58% Damage, +8% Crits, +21% Speed. [1.58 * 1.08 * 1.21 = +106% net worth of bonuses.]

If we substitute the Eye of the Golem with the proposed Ranger's Eye (which would provide +12% Damage and +8% Crits based on the progression of involved accessories) in the Ranger setup, we get a more substantial jump in the power of the combination:

Ranged II
Ranger_Emblem.png
Avenger_Emblem.png
Destroyer_Emblem.png
?
Eye_of_the_Golem.png
?
Sniper_Scope.png

+59% Damage, +26% Crits. [1.59 * 1.26 = +100% net worth of bonuses.]

My conclusion is that we would either need a new Magic accessory as well (so that it also gets a second specialized accessory, and preferably increases the net bonus to +94%) or just leave out the Ranger's Eye entirely.

My conclusion is that we would either need a new Magic accessory as well (so that it also gets a second specialized accessory, and preferably increases the net bonus to +94%) or just leave out the Ranger's Eye entirely.
Were that the case, could we not have Sorcerer's Emblem + Nature's gift/Mana Flower?

Even if it got the full +15% damage from the Emblem, the whole set would still fall short of the 94% damage goalpoint.

Still a good idea, though.
Sorcerer's Emblem + Celestial Stone gives a total damage bonus of +94.7%, if I've done my math correctly. It also gives the very referential name "Sorcerer's Stone."

Sorcerer's Emblem + Celestial Stone gives a total damage bonus of +94.7%, if I've done my math correctly. It also gives the very referential name "Sorcerer's Stone."
Magic II
Sorcerer_Emblem.png
Avenger_Emblem.png
Destroyer_Emblem.png
Celestial_Emblem.png
?
Mana_Flower.png
?
+67% Damage, +8% Crits. [1.67 * 1.08 = 80% net worth of all bonuses.]

It barely makes the combination more effective at all.

Magic II
Sorcerer_Emblem.png
Avenger_Emblem.png
Destroyer_Emblem.png
Celestial_Emblem.png
?
Mana_Flower.png
?
+67% Damage, +8% Crits. [1.67 * 1.08 = 80% net worth of all bonuses.]

It barely makes the combination more effective at all.

I beg your pardon?

I meant that as a new accessory that combines the qualities of the S. Emblem and C. Stone.

EDIT: I do realize that that brings up the problem of all the miscellaneous bonuses granted by the Celestial Stone.

I meant that as a new accessory that combines the qualities of the S. Emblem and C. Stone.
Oops, silly mistake! :p

Sorcerer_Emblem.png
Avenger_Emblem.png
Destroyer_Emblem.png
Celestial_Emblem.png
?
Celestial_Stone.png
?
+77% Damage, +10% Crits. [1.77 * 1.1 = +94% net worth of bonuses.]

I'll be darned. It does.

The problem here is that the Celestial Stone is not just a classless accessory, but a universal classless accessory with a wide variety of special bonuses. A Sorcerer's Stone would have three major problems:
1) Taking the ultimate classless accessory and making it lenient towards one class.
2) Taking an already powerful accessory and making it even stronger.
3) Causing confusion with the already-in-game Philosopher's Stone.

S. Emblem + Eye of the Golem, but have a lossy conversion of damage to crit. Specifically, +20% crit ends up with a total +94.56 damage bonus. This is, unfortunately, a very lazy way to do it.

Alternately, Mana Flower/Nature's Gift + Eye of the Golem, with a surplus conversion of mana discount to crit, once again w/ 20% crit.

Back
Top Bottom