Game Mechanics Change the Maximum Stack Size for all items to 999

Do you believe that stack limits of 999 would be beneficial?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pure Entropy

Terrarian
I would like to see all items (excluding equipment) be able to stack to 999. The Bananarangs and Light Discs are obviously limited for good reason. I know some people think this would somehow be unbalanced, but I can't think of a single scenario where having more than the current stack sizes would cause balance issues of any kind. Potions and healing items are balanced not by how many you can hold, but by the potion sickness buff meaning that the difference with the increased stack limit would only be one of convenience.

Also, there currently seems to be no rhyme or reason to the current limits. Why is it acceptable to hold 30 dynamite, but not 999? Some people will claim that it could be used to grief, but if someone was interested in griefing, would having to hold multiple stacks really deter them? Plus, most servers have bans on certain "griefing" items. Another argument I see is that you don't really need to have "that many" of most items. Well, you don't really need to have 999 ore either, but it's helpful because it makes it easier to continue mining and not have to keep going back to base to store everything.

If all items stacked to 999 it would make for significantly easier inventory management. It would be a major quality of life improvement. I find myself discouraged from continuing to farm because of the vast amount to chests I need to store all of my potion ingredients and other materials. I like farming gems and ore and it's great that all gems stack to 999 because that means I can put all of the different types of gems in one chest and not have to worry about not having enough when I need them.

I feel like a stack of 999 of most items in the game (other than ammo and building materials) would be more than enough throw away or sell the excess. Is a stack of 99 Dayblooms really all you are ever going to need? No, but 999 might be. With the changes to the Staff of Regrowth (which are excellent by the way) I find myself having too many seeds and herbs to store. And I don't keep them not because of lack of desire to save them, but because I don't want to make additional chests in my already crowded storage area.

I really hope you consider this change as I believe this is an easy (albeit possibly time-consuming to implement) solution to the difficulties of inventory management.

TL;DR All items should stack to 999 for easier inventory management and due to the fact that it wouldn't make the game unbalanced.

Last edited:
999 super healing potions
999 meowmeres
999 terrarians
also , 666 unholy tridents
I've already said that I don't think equipment should stack. I also don't see any purpose behind it. I believe the reason equipment doesn't stack is due to the stack limit data taking up the same value as the reforging prefix slot. That's the reason Bananarangs and Light Discs cannot legitimately have prefixes, and even if added through an inventory editor, I don't think they function.

i guess it makes the inventory a bit cleaner so +1 support
[doublepost=1495944896,1495944859][/doublepost]you should really make a banner for this

why dont you just make it stacks up to 1000, like was did in starbound? that's a perfectly logical number that they could set the limit to for most stackable items

Back
Top Bottom