Game Mechanics Change to Celestial Acessories

Wisp

Skeletron Prime
This is an accessory every mage needs, wether you're a healing mage, or an attacking mage, but there is one thing that bothers me about this accessory...

The Accessory : if you read the title, you know what I'm talking about- The celestial magnet:
celestial_magnet-png.126436
---The Celestial Emblem:
celestial_emblem-png.126439
and The Celestial Cuffs:
celestial_cuffs-png.126441

The Problem: What I believe is the problem is that these great accessories have on flaw, they pull in mana stars, NO MATTER WHAT!

Why this is a problem: The reason I think this is a problem is because its a complete waste of stars, i could be fighting the pumpkin moon and have full mana, then an enemy drops a star, guess what, i picked it up when i didn't even need it and it would have been useful later!:mad:

The Solution: without these accessories, mana stars will be picked up as they normally are, since you will be able to get close when you want to, but when these accessories are on, mana stars will only be picked up when at or under 100 mana.

Why under/at 100 mana: the reason I made it so that it is at or under 100 mana is because the max mana (without armor and that crap) is 200 mana, so I just split that into half for a fair and sensible level, if you have more or less (you shouldn't have less really) it won't really affect you was the same result will be given.

EDIT: A fan has Suggested that the heart reach potion get a similar effect, so it shall! at half of your hp, the heart reach, will star picking up hearts!

Thanks for listening! comments and support is welcome! (duh)

Sounds like a nice idea.
Though I don't know if it'll make that much of a difference, since during the moon events, so many enemies drop stars all the time that it doesn't matter when some of them are wasted.

Sounds like a nice idea.
Though I don't know if it'll make that much of a difference, since during the moon events, so many enemies drop stars all the time that it doesn't matter when some of them are wasted.
yeah, but the moon events aren't the only thing mages do :p

Wouldn't it be simpler to change it so it only picks up stars / hearts (as applicable) if the Mana / HP is not already full?

PLEASE! It could also potentially have an upgrade that also gives it Lucky Coin sort of effect, every hit has a chance of making a star drop? This would be great during bosses, where I always run out of mana because there's no enemies to kill for extra stars.

Back
Top Bottom