Changelog for Mobile 1.4.0.5.1 Build 514 Build Notes and Live Issues

Roboarms

Terrarian
DR Studios
JE Forum Banner v2.png

Terraria Mobile v1.4.0.5.1 Build 514 Build Notes and Live Issues

Welcome everyone to the first patch for Terraria: Journey's End on Mobile devices. The dev team have fixed a number of important bugs raised in the community. We also took a much needed break in order to rest and reinvigorate ourselves for the path ahead - we have a lot to get done and we cannot wait to get started. Without further ado, here are the changes made in patch v1.4.0.5.1 Build 514

All the below issues have been fixed in the v1.4.0.5.1 Hotfix Patch:
  • Zenith’s Range on the aim stick and with gamepad now extends the full size of the screen
  • When Tutorials are ON, the game notifications are now showing in the world as expected
  • Skeletron’s Curse can now be activated by the host in a hosted multiplayer world
  • AutoPause now has three settings and defaults to Menus Only for all players in single player.
    • Autopause: Never - Autopause is never on
    • Autopause: Menus - (Default) All full screen menus pause the game in the background in single player.
    • Autopause: Inventory & Menus - Opening the inventory and all full screen menus will pause the game in the background in single player.
  • Eternia Crystals can now be used activate Old One’s Army when inventory is open and Crystal is selected
  • Game boots up faster between Re-Logic logo and the main menu
    • We’ve heard from some players that the game takes a while to boot up, we’ve shortened this down so the game should start a bit snappier!
  • Warning text no longer goes off the screen when journey characters attempt to enter a non-journey world
  • Pylons sold by the TavernKeep were in the wrong place! They are now correctly located depending on the game progress.
  • Using any Liquid bombs or Liquid rockets no longer causes the game to freeze
  • The correct number of housing slots are now displayed in the game

Known issues which have been reported but we will fix in a future patch:
  • Pylons placed by the Host in a multiplayer session cannot be activated
    • Workaround: Have a second player knock them down and place them again, or load the world in single player, knock them down and place them again in the world.
  • Mannequins and Hatracks placed by the Local Multiplayer Host cannot be interacted with by the Host
    • Workaround: Have a second player place them or place them in single player before hosting
  • Demon Hearts cannot be used with the ‘USE’ button in inventory
    • Workaround: Place the demon heart in your hotbar, close the inventory and use the Interact button in your controls to consume it
  • Able to get non-vanity items into vanity accessory slots when swapping accessories, which is not intended.
  • Traveling Merchant departure text appears twice.
  • Water Ripple screen effects are missing.
    • In order to get the game out as fast as possible and working well on the most possible devices as we can, we had to reserve the water ripples screen effects to be optimised and implemented at a later date.
  • Food cannot be placed on plates.
  • Summons cannot be directed to a specific target with the summons weapon
  • Possible to see a duplicate weapon visual when the Multiplayer Players menu is open and swinging some weapons.
  • Loot All only works in the Void Vault after an item in the chest has been selected
  • Venom staff doesn’t allow for aim and use
  • Terraprisma and Stardust Guardian visuals can display incorrectly when dyed with some dyes
  • One pixel missing from the top of closed Wooden Doors and Crystal Doors when environmental quality is set to low
  • Cannot turn off Peace candle by tapping them like you can with other candles
  • Peddler’s Hat can cause player’s visuals to display incorrectly when character quality set to low
  • If interacting with a device's back fingerprint scanner, the game UI can become hidden
  • Some herbs are missing their flowering state visuals (in pots or planter boxes)

We’ve seen a few reports of players losing small chunks of their worlds in the saving process. We’re still looking into this issue and don’t yet have a solution for it.

If you have an issue which has not been mentioned above, You can have a look in the Mobile Support Forums to see if someone else has already had this issue, or if not, raise it yourself so that we can have a look at it as quickly as possible!

Last edited:
I am a terraria mobile player and my mistake is that when I enter my world it appears that a goblin invasion comes but it never comes and because of that I cannot have new npc and the pilons do not work, please tell me what to do, this to me It happened when I was changing the time since I am in Journey mode

I am a terraria mobile player and my mistake is that when I enter my world it appears that a goblin invasion comes but it never comes and because of that I cannot have new npc and the pilons do not work, please tell me what to do, this to me It happened when I was changing the time since I am in Journey mode

When you mess with time change a lot, issues with invasions can happen (this is true even on PC).

Make sure you have time freeze off - and just know that messing with time can get... messy... :p

Well I found another bug, I think its because my device but y'know maybe not, and its every time I fight empress of light with all the graphic settings at max/on if she kills me or if I kill she my game crashes

I don't like the vanity slot change. I think that it makes the game a bit more easy so we can store accessories in those slots if we don't need them atm, but still want to keep them ready.

this happened to me, check your spawn rate, if it is below one, the army won't spawn

Well I found another bug, I think its because my device but y'know maybe not, and its every time I fight empress of light with all the graphic settings at max/on if she kills me or if I kill she my game crashes

What device? As a reminder, the lower settings exist so that we can incorporate more devices into the Journey's End era... however, much like anything else (PC even), you cannot assume that you can crank everything to max on a lower end device without potential issues. :)

glad to know that some of the bugs I reported are known, well see you guys in the next update, and thanks for the update!
edit: you want to know something with the traveling merchant text appearing twice when departing i noticed it, but never cared to report it, and completely ignored it lol.

Thank you so much DR Studios team!
you are some terrific devs!
Especially awesome is that you listsn to the community.
absolutly looking forward to water rippling effects and non-vanity accessoires being able to be equipped in vanity slots. This may be no issue on Pc where the screen is bigger and item sorting isn‘t such a fuzz but on mobile i think it is essential to equip non vanity in vanity slots.

Back
Top Bottom