Changelog for Mobile 1.4.0.5.1 Build 514 Build Notes and Live Issues

@Loki I had this random issue where I was playing around with the time to get a Blood moon and then I decided to do it myself and so I press resume game and then the bestiary setting and the save and exit scrolled itself down and just those 2, I know you’re busy but I’m won if it’s constant or just one time

@Loki I had this random issue where I was playing around with the time to get a Blood moon and then I decided to do it myself and so I press resume game and then the bestiary setting and the save and exit scrolled itself down and just those 2, I know you’re busy but I’m won if it’s constant or just one time

Apologies, not entirely sure what you are saying - can you try clarifying a bit more?

Just one question, when is it coming out for amazon? I have nothing really the matter with the bugs much because I don’t play on my kindle much, but would be nice to know for everyone else too

Just one question, when is it coming out for amazon? I have nothing really the matter with the bugs much because I don’t play on my kindle much, but would be nice to know for everyone else too

Out of our hands, I'm afraid. As with previous releases the timing of it coming to Amazon is up to Amazon.

Quik grapple key was better than the old target lock i can't do actions like talking with npc placing the digging block in the same way that target lock is going in the wrong direction when it's on.
Smart cursor doesn't make it easier to open crates, open doors, talk with npc but takes in cursor,

View attachment 296840

Terraria Mobile v1.4.0.5.1 Build 514 Build Notes and Live Issues

Welcome everyone to the first patch for Terraria: Journey's End on Mobile devices. The dev team have fixed a number of important bugs raised in the community. We also took a much needed break in order to rest and reinvigorate ourselves for the path ahead - we have a lot to get done and we cannot wait to get started. Without further ado, here are the changes made in patch v1.4.0.5.1 Build 514

All the below issues have been fixed in the v1.4.0.5.1 Hotfix Patch:
  • Zenith’s Range on the aim stick and with gamepad now extends the full size of the screen
  • When Tutorials are ON, the game notifications are now showing in the world as expected
  • Skeletron’s Curse can now be activated by the host in a hosted multiplayer world
  • AutoPause now has three settings and defaults to Menus Only for all players in single player.
    • Autopause: Never - Autopause is never on
    • Autopause: Menus - (Default) All full screen menus pause the game in the background in single player.
    • Autopause: Inventory & Menus - Opening the inventory and all full screen menus will pause the game in the background in single player.
  • Eternia Crystals can now be used activate Old One’s Army when inventory is open and Crystal is selected
  • Game boots up faster between Re-Logic logo and the main menu
    • We’ve heard from some players that the game takes a while to boot up, we’ve shortened this down so the game should start a bit snappier!
  • Warning text no longer goes off the screen when journey characters attempt to enter a non-journey world
  • Pylons sold by the TavernKeep were in the wrong place! They are now correctly located depending on the game progress.
  • Using any Liquid bombs or Liquid rockets no longer causes the game to freeze
  • The correct number of housing slots are now displayed in the game

Known issues which have been reported but we will fix in a future patch:
  • Pylons placed by the Host in a multiplayer session cannot be activated
    • Workaround: Have a second player knock them down and place them again, or load the world in single player, knock them down and place them again in the world.
  • Mannequins and Hatracks placed by the Local Multiplayer Host cannot be interacted with by the Host
    • Workaround: Have a second player place them or place them in single player before hosting
  • Demon Hearts cannot be used with the ‘USE’ button in inventory
    • Workaround: Place the demon heart in your hotbar, close the inventory and use the Interact button in your controls to consume it
  • Able to get non-vanity items into vanity accessory slots when swapping accessories, which is not intended.
  • Traveling Merchant departure text appears twice.
  • Water Ripple screen effects are missing.
    • In order to get the game out as fast as possible and working well on the most possible devices as we can, we had to reserve the water ripples screen effects to be optimised and implemented at a later date.
  • Food cannot be placed on plates.
  • Summons cannot be directed to a specific target with the summons weapon
  • Possible to see a duplicate weapon visual when the Multiplayer Players menu is open and swinging some weapons.
  • Loot All only works in the Void Vault after an item in the chest has been selected
  • Venom staff doesn’t allow for aim and use
  • Terraprisma and Stardust Guardian visuals can display incorrectly when dyed with some dyes
  • One pixel missing from the top of closed Wooden Doors and Crystal Doors when environmental quality is set to low
  • Cannot turn off Peace candle by tapping them like you can with other candles
  • Peddler’s Hat can cause player’s visuals to display incorrectly when character quality set to low
  • If interacting with a device's back fingerprint scanner, the game UI can become hidden
  • Some herbs are missing their flowering state visuals (in pots or planter boxes)

We’ve seen a few reports of players losing small chunks of their worlds in the saving process. We’re still looking into this issue and don’t yet have a solution for it.

If you have an issue which has not been mentioned above, You can have a look in the Mobile Support Forums to see if someone else has already had this issue, or if not, raise it yourself so that we can have a look at it as quickly as possible!
I have one question, will the increased placement range having treasure magnet ability, when set on increased on journey mode be fixed, i think/ 99% sure that I know that this is not the case on pc

What i noticed in 1.4.0.5.1 mobile
1. Sometimes, the sunflower head duplicate and its floating.
2. Some herbs are still not fully bloomed like deadweed, etc.
3. Its cause more lag in the game in any ram i guess. Specially on the boss, destroyer of the world.
4. The game still crash.
5. When the character is so fast, some area become black first then load the actual area.
6. The wof stuck in multiplayer and when you reach it, it will suck you into death.(i'm not sure if that is part of the game.)
7. The more you zoomout, the more lag you get and the new update, you often get that lag even wirhout zooming(i have 4gb ram).

3. Its cause more lag in the game in any ram i guess. Specially on the boss, destroyer of the world.
4. The game still crash.
5. When the character is so fast, some area become black first then load the actual area.
6. The wof stuck in multiplayer and when you reach it, it will suck you into death.(i'm not sure if that is part of the game.)
7. The more you zoomout, the more lag you get and the new update, you often get that lag even wirhout zooming(i have 4gb ram).
Yeah. That happened to me, but I ended up met a terrible fate in the forums

4. The game still crash.
4. this isn't a bug, your device probably isn't able to handle it well, even though it has 4gb of ram. also try changing your optimizations to low on most things. mine still crashes, but it is less, on my kindle it crashes less, but crashes if i exit a world and join a different one
6. so is it when you get stuck and can't continue it will pull you out of that spot and put you in front of it? then this is not a bug, and it is in singleplayer too(i haven't gotten stuck in a while so i don't know....)

4. The game still crash.

What device are you using? Odds are that most of these can be mitigated with some settings changes. :)

1. Not sure that I have seen this one, can I get a picture?
2. I know we had that reported internally as well with Dayblooms - definitely a bug and a known issue at this point.
3. Lag is not necessarily tied to RAM - it is also tied into the overall power of your device (CPU, etc). In addition, not all RAM and processors are created equal. This is why the DR team included all of those settings for you to be able to dial up/down levels of quality in order to obtain the balance that you feel is best for your experience between graphics and performance. Destroyer is a known high-performance boss across all platforms... so its not unlikely that a lower end device might run into some slowdown there.
4. Crashes are almost always tied to RAM overflow. Turn down your settings, make sure that you don't have a bunch of other apps open.
5. Again, tied into device level and graphics settings - simply, your device cannot seem to keep up with things.
6. Can you provide more detail here? Stuck in what way? The "suck you in and spit you out" attack is intended.
7. Zoom level absolutely impacts performance, as it does on all platforms for Terraria. As you zoom out, you are asking the game to draw/show more and more simultaneously. Terraria does not LOOK like an intense game hardware wise, but there is a LOT going on behind the scenes, belied by the pixel graphics. As above, would advise you to dial back your graphics settings and see what impact it has on your performance.

4. The game still crash.

Hey there! Sorry for the ping, just asking about the sunflowers bug you mentioned, is it exactly like what's happening here?

Screenshot_20201026-112556_Terraria.jpg

Apologies, not entirely sure what you are saying - can you try clarifying a bit more?
So I was spamming the afternoon/mid day time setting and the midnight time setting, I decided to just keep it at night time and use a bloody tear. So I exit the journey mode settings to resume, the achievements, bestiary, and save and exit options randomly moved downward. I kept pressing resume but the icons moved down even further, then the save and exit option disappeared

@Loki I’ve noticed something strange with the bees’ new ability
so basically I’m toying around with the bee’s ability to attack enemies feature and I test it out on moon lord. The top eye went down to half health and then the moon lord’s death animation starts, the moon lord still attacking even while the animation is going. Then he drops his relic as if I’d defeated his core.

@Loki I’ve noticed something strange with the bees’ new ability
so basically I’m toying around with the bee’s ability to attack enemies feature and I test it out on moon lord. The top eye went down to half health and then the moon lord’s death animation starts, the moon lord still attacking even while the animation is going. Then he drops his relic as if I’d defeated his core.

Video or images of this? Can you provide more detail?

So you are summoning the Queen Bee and using her spawned bees to inflict damage on the Moon Lord... and they are ignoring his hidden hitbox for the Heart and attacking it directly?

Back
Top Bottom