Important Changes are coming to your forum

What about safari?
I don't have a Mac or iDevice to check this myself, but I'm sure it will work fine. Also works with Silk browser (Amazon Fire tablets). Any standard, up-to-date browser should work.

===============================​

Now that we're within 48 hours of upgrading, some final thoughts/info:
  1. This is going to take some time to complete. We expect the entire process to take several hours. Don't get overly concerned about the length of the downtime. We've done a full dry run of this and expect no problems.
  2. You will be asked to read and accept the Terms of Service and Privacy policies again. A lot has changed with Internet privacy concerns in the 5 years since TCF debuted, and this seems like a convenient time to make sure everyone understands their rights and our policies. Our rules, terms and policies will not be changing with this upgrade, and you can review them now if you wish ( = Rules == Terms of Service == Privacy Policy = ).
  3. Some of the new features are new to the staff as well, so please bear with us while we all learn all the intricacies. We've had a bit of time to mess around with the Bookmarks, push notifications and the like, but we might not have immediate answers for questions about them. We will have some updated Users Guides to cover the (mostly minor) differences with posting and sharing content.
I'm really looking forward to seeing you all on the other side. ~:D

I don't have a Mac or iDevice to check this myself, but I'm sure it will work fine. Also works with Silk browser (Amazon Fire tablets). Any standard, up-to-date browser should work.

===============================​

Now that we're within 48 hours of upgrading, some final thoughts/info:
  1. This is going to take some time to complete. We expect the entire process to take several hours. Don't get overly concerned about the length of the downtime. We've done a full dry run of this and expect no problems.
  2. You will be asked to read and accept the Terms of Service and Privacy policies again. A lot has changed with Internet privacy concerns in the 5 years since TCF debuted, and this seems like a convenient time to make sure everyone understands their rights and our policies. Our rules, terms and policies will not be changing with this upgrade, and you can review them now if you wish ( = Rules == Terms of Service == Privacy Policy = ).
  3. Some of the new features are new to the staff as well, so please bear with us while we all learn all the intricacies. We've had a bit of time to mess around with the Bookmarks, push notifications and the like, but we might not have immediate answers for questions about them. We will have some updated Users Guides to cover the (mostly minor) differences with posting and sharing content.
I'm really looking forward to seeing you all on the other side. ~:D
You too!`:D

--------------------

After the forum upgrade

--------------------​

The forums seem to have been successfully upgraded! Wow! I'll bet it took a ton of work, too. My most sincere congratulations! It's no small amount of work.

Oh, do mine eyes lie, or is that the Conversation Essentials Plugin? :D I'm a huge fan of it. It's pretty darn powerful. PM read-receipts are extremely useful too.

Last edited:
Well this design looks much more modern, the old one was beginning to look a little out-dated, might take a little bit to get used to but other than that it runs fine. :dryadgrin:

Back
Top Bottom