1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

TV Changes in Adventure Time

Discussion in 'Other Media (Non-Gaming: Movies, TV, etc.)' started by mrstegosaurus, May 18, 2015.

1. mrstegosaurus

mrstegosaurus Terrarian

Am I the only one who doesn't like adventure time now? I mean, it was really good at first. I watched it from the pilot and Enchiridion til the beginning of season 5. But now it's just like messed up. It doesn't seem like the show I watched before.

Please tell me I'm not alone.
    Opinions?

2. TheQuietBisharp

TheQuietBisharp Official Terrarian

I think the randomness aspect is what they're relying on since there is little to no story anymore. I still like it though.

mrstegosaurus likes this.
  3. NoSoap

NoSoap Eye of Cthulhu

Some of the recent adventure times episodes gave me headache, that's for sure.

mrstegosaurus likes this.
  4. rubeszilla

rubeszilla Terrarian

You didn't like Gunthers dream the other week? Cracked me up when I saw it was him.

I think the show's gotten better but would like to see a lot more of the background story-arc, the mushroom wars and the main character developments that have happened since, rather than the randomness.

If you like Pendleton Ward's stuff (and your teen+) try Over The Garden Wall, Bravest Warriors, and Bee and Puppycat. All can be found on Youtube.

5. mrstegosaurus

mrstegosaurus Terrarian

You think it got better? Really? How come?

I will try those. Thanks

6. rubeszilla

rubeszilla Terrarian

The early seasons were very typical of kids cartoons - 10 minute isolated short stories. Later they added some back history to the Land of Ooo and consequently retrofitted the characters into that history. Since then they've had recurring story-arcs, like the Lich, The Mushroom Wars, Prismo and the Cosmic Owl, etc.

I also like how the characters are aging and developing, no Bart Simpsons here, and I wonder how far they will go with that.

Watch Over The Garden Wall first, it's a 90 minute 10 episode mini-series and it's very good.

Last edited: May 25, 2015