Changes in Adventure Time

mrstegosaurus

Terrarian
Am I the only one who doesn't like adventure time now? I mean, it was really good at first. I watched it from the pilot and Enchiridion til the beginning of season 5. But now it's just like messed up. It doesn't seem like the show I watched before.

Please tell me I'm not alone.
Opinions?

You didn't like Gunthers dream the other week? Cracked me up when I saw it was him.

I think the show's gotten better but would like to see a lot more of the background story-arc, the mushroom wars and the main character developments that have happened since, rather than the randomness.

If you like Pendleton Ward's stuff (and your teen+) try Over The Garden Wall, Bravest Warriors, and Bee and Puppycat. All can be found on Youtube.

You didn't like Gunthers dream the other week? Cracked me up when I saw it was him.

I think the show's gotten better but would like to see a lot more of the background story-arc, the mushroom wars and the main character developments that have happened since, rather than the randomness.

If you like Pendleton Ward's stuff (and your teen+) try Over The Garden Wall, Bravest Warriors, and Bee and Puppycat. All can be found on Youtube.
You think it got better? Really? How come?

I will try those. Thanks

The early seasons were very typical of kids cartoons - 10 minute isolated short stories. Later they added some back history to the Land of Ooo and consequently retrofitted the characters into that history. Since then they've had recurring story-arcs, like the Lich, The Mushroom Wars, Prismo and the Cosmic Owl, etc.

I also like how the characters are aging and developing, no Bart Simpsons here, and I wonder how far they will go with that.

...I will try those. Thanks

Watch Over The Garden Wall first, it's a 90 minute 10 episode mini-series and it's very good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom