NPCs & Enemies Changes to Later Hardmode about PreHardmode (Primarily: Goblins)

In Later Hardmode, should the goblins come back, should they capture your tinkerer, and battle?

• Sounds cool, Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, another invasion... ICK!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OK idea, just needs work.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Philitopolis

Eye of Cthulhu
What do people think about changing a few things up with our old PreHardmode buddies, the goblins? These little fellows that made us cringe and fear now....are more of a pushover invasion that simply....ain't gonna cut it in hardmode.
What do people think about having the goblins come back? Should they come back in even larger numbers, stronger defenses, with more powerful weapons? Who knows, maybe they will bring in their "Goblin of Mass Destruction" to bring back the cringing and fear. Their forces could attack your npcs and take your tinkerer hostage once more. The only way to get him back is to fight that invasion like a man! Goblins in Mechs, Goblins with crossbows, with bombs, or swords, and shields! Just think of the strain and challenge that will bring the goblins back up as the players....most feared.

Tell in the comments what you think about this idea, and if you think it could use work (if so, PLEASE leave what your thought about this are)!

Moved to Suggestions - the Introductions section (where this was originally posted) is for introducing yourself to the forum.

I would like to see the goblin invasion either removed or improved in hard mode. For a time I was thinking scaling the enemies stats while adding different loot to the possible drops but that wouldn't really do the trick. The other enemies from pre hardmode should stay as they are in my opinion.

The regular Goblin Invasion still holds up as a solid and challenging "First Invasion scenario". It has a solid earlygame loot table and I wouldn't know how to expand upon it with a second invasion (because what except for spiky balls will goblins ever have?).

From the enemies you suggest here, your invasion reminds me of the hardmode Pirate Invasion. Guns, a Captain, more loot, etc. Everything is there. And in my opinion, introducing a new enemy is better than rehashing an old one, especially since goblins are generally seen as rather weak in other media and games.

Back
Top Bottom