Biomes & Nature Changes to Underground Cabins.

BlueZeroZeroOne

Terrarian
There are a few things I would like to see when it comes to the abandoned/ruined wooden homes you find underground. None are really game changing, but just some thoughts I had.
  • Allow ruined wooden homes to appear on the surface, with wooden (or no) chests in them. Perhaps a certain distance from spawn, so new players can't just get a free home... or, maybe they could. XD Seems odd to me that previous tenants of this world only lived deep underground.
  • Allow unlit campfires, empty mannequins and the cooking pot to spawn in them.
  • When you reach the Cavern depth and reach the point where you start to see lava, you can still find wooden cabins all over the place. I would like to see a stone variation of these abandoned homes appear below lava depth. For safety reasons, of course. :p

Abandonned camps on the surface would be cool, I agree.
But walls in the houses should be broken (like in the current cabins) to prevent free houses. Maybe with a "natural" kind of wall, which doesn't count for housing?
Empty mannequins though... why would they be there?

Allow ruined wooden homes to appear on the surface, with wooden (or no) chests in them. Perhaps a certain distance from spawn, so new players can't just get a free home... or, maybe they could. XD Seems odd to me that previous tenants of this world only lived deep underground.
I like this. It can use the existing Surface chest loot for its chests, assuming one spawns in it.

Allow unlit campfires, empty mannequins and the cooking pot to spawn in them.
I did find an unlit campfire underground once. It wasn't a campfire I placed, so I think the code already exists to add them.

When you reach the Cavern depth and reach the point where you start to see lava, you can still find wooden cabins all over the place. I would like to see a stone variation of these abandoned homes appear below lava depth.
Variety would be nice!
Sandstone for the Desert. Ice Bricks for the Ice. Stone itself can be made into a huge number of bricks - maybe some ore bricks as well for more variety. Stone houses could start spawning where lava is - having wooden houses flooded with lava is rather unusual! (Having said that, I realise my previous Desert and Ice suggestions would be invalidated because neither go that deep.) Furthermore, stone houses could have iron / lead doors instead of wooden.

Abandonned camps on the surface would be cool, I agree.
But walls in the houses should be broken (like in the current cabins) to prevent free houses. Maybe with a "natural" kind of wall, which doesn't count for housing?
Empty mannequins though... why would they be there?
Natural walls to prevent an abandoned house being a free house is pure genius! I get the mental image of a house overtaken by nature. Maybe have trees grow in houses as well?

Natural walls to prevent an abandoned house being a free house is pure genius! I get the mental image of a house overtaken by nature. Maybe have trees grow in houses as well?
I sense pure sarcasm in this. Yeah, just give free houses to players at the beggining, better 20 of them.
And don't forget the good old trees inside of them.

I sense pure sarcasm in this. Yeah, just give free houses to players at the beggining, better 20 of them.
And don't forget the good old trees inside of them.
Er, not sarcasm... I think there should be remains of houses/structures above ground. I also want them to something besides free housing... Maybe I should create a new thread myself on the topic... Tomorrow...

I like this, especially the surface house idea! Ideas for the surface house:

-Ruined roof made out of stone brick or wood

-Usually one level but sometimes a second floor with stairs

-Would spawn with a wooden chest, changed to the appropriate wood types in different biomes

-Walls would have plenty missing in a natural style, so that its not free NPC housing

-Some of the underground themed things should be gone (statues for example) and replaced by homely things like an old bed, or a ruined garden.

I really like this idea! It would spice up the surface of the world and make it more interesting to explore :p Is it alright if I make a 'Concept World' and post a download link/pictures here? I would just go into tedit and build some different types of above ground cabins across the world.

We propose adding a few new broken background objects. We have broken chests, chandeliers and other broken items... We need broken doors...
idea #1) the house would need a lot of work to be proper housing. 2) They can't be common.
Remember people that even if they were free housing it wouldn't make difference as housing is VERY EASY to make.
idea #2) Heck, we could even throw in broken blocks... Have part of the house not merely missing but broken. Imagine finding a random house in the forest with broken down door and maybe a background skeleton.
idea #3) I almost feel this thread hijacking but... Can these random above ground houses have graves with random npc names on them? So we get a bit of lore as to who lived in the house before?
idea #4) The house could be a giant background object. We already have random chests on the surface... What if a few them were in broken background house things? We have a tent thing in the background, that's sort of like a mini broken house...

Here's a quick cabin I made :p
image.jpg

I put items from another surface chest into the chest in the cabin, I'm going to make a couple more in the dessert and jungle on post them

I agree with this, I also think each type of cabin should have their own unique loot, or at least a chance to get something unique i.e. some Greek spear in marble biome cabins, Lava Charm in stone cabins(which would happen if this were to be implemented), Sandstorm in a Bottle in desert cabins etc, just like frost and jungle cabins contain unique loot.

Back
Top Bottom