Terraria: Otherworld Changing of the Guard: An Update from Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of Content and following disrespectful conduct is unacceptable.
Hey! Ya'know what'd be interesting? If there was a crossover with TF2, and Terraria!

*edit*
Appluse your report zsed, real mature as always personally your point view is still pointless.

Last edited:
I've been reading until page 9 of all of the posts, I can't find any detailed information on why it was delayed, all I got was, it was delayed and it's not worth going into little detail, I love information to acturaly know what's happening with the game or in this case why it has been delayed by about 2 years (please go into as much detail possible). Your fanbase is getting annoyed with the lack of knowledge of where you're at, you never update terraria other world page, having a toxic fanbase means that the game won't rocket off, no mans sky, they released early because they were in the middle of a community getting ticked off, I personally love the game, they're back on track now, but your community is getting to their same place of toxicity so either a tutorial to be released, loads of information to be released or give popular youtubers the chance to show off your game to the community stays awesome

Short version: I want the detailed information on why it's delayed
I recommend you release more information of where you're at, maybe release a tutorial, and for a happy community, let youtubes have the chance to show off your game.

A response would be nice.
Looking at the date and lack of information, I'll have fun playing this next year, hopefully not late next year because by then, tbh I would have had enough of the delays, and I would be 16 playing the new halos, enjoying the boost from my current 0.1mg wifi to 15mg (download). So many more games are coming out too, don't let it be a Battleborn overwatch release date issue, TOW sadly would lose that fight.

Btw I'm getting a gaming computer for playing such games as this, starbounds and any other games I like the look of.

If no of this makes sense, well I'll try fix it,
Thanks for reading;
Good luck with your community, they're becoming toxic, I don't blame them.

I've been reading until page 9 of all of the posts, I can't find any detailed information on why it was delayed, all I got was, it was delayed and it's not worth going into little detail, I love information to acturaly know what's happening with the game or in this case why it has been delayed by about 2 years (please go into as much detail possible). Your fanbase is getting annoyed with the lack of knowledge of where you're at, you never update terraria other world page, having a toxic fanbase means that the game won't rocket off, no mans sky, they released early because they were in the middle of a community getting ticked off, I personally love the game, they're back on track now, but your community is getting to their same place of toxicity so either a tutorial to be released, loads of information to be released or give popular youtubers the chance to show off your game to the community stays awesome

Short version: I want the detailed information on why it's delayed
I recommend you release more information of where you're at, maybe release a tutorial, and for a happy community, let youtubes have the chance to show off your game.

A response would be nice.
Looking at the date and lack of information, I'll have fun playing this next year, hopefully not late next year because by then, tbh I would have had enough of the delays, and I would be 16 playing the new halos, enjoying the boost from my current 0.1mg wifi to 15mg (download). So many more games are coming out too, don't let it be a Battleborn overwatch release date issue, TOW sadly would lose that fight.

Btw I'm getting a gaming computer for playing such games as this, starbounds and any other games I like the look of.

If no of this makes sense, well I'll try fix it,
Thanks for reading;
Good luck with your community, they're becoming toxic, I don't blame them.

Unfortunately for you, you speak neither for the entire fanbase or the community. You are not in a position to say that their entire fanbase is getting "annoyed" with them trying to make a really good, high-quality game, or that their community is getting toxic. In fact, the most toxic thing a community can do is complain that they aren't being entertained enough (*ahem*).

I've been reading until page 9 of all of the posts, I can't find any detailed information on why it was delayed
And you know why you haven't found details? Because you only went up to 9 pages. Try reading more pages. For someone who only has two posts to their account, you sure love to complain a lot about something you know nothing about.

EA is not a developer, they are a publisher who has bought many developer studios and turned them all into publisher friendly yes men factory's. the difference is like this, a publisher makes money, a studio makes art. The studio is the means by which the publisher makes money, usually the publisher is how a studio is funded. While the following is not literal it makes the point. Developer does 90% of the work, the publisher gets 90% of the money.
EA IS a developer.
EA is also a publisher.
And the financial split is not 10% to the developer and 90% to the publisher.

EA IS a developer.
EA is also a publisher.
And the financial split is not 10% to the developer and 90% to the publisher.
It is if it's EA we're talking about. EA is NOT a Benevolent Dictatorship. :merchanttongue:

For the Topic: I wouldn't mind seeing more of those "Super Sharks"... Will a Mount Version of them be obtainable? ~:D(Who hasn't dreamed of riding a Shark?)

The graphic looks great. Hopefully it will resemble even more graphics of Seiken Densetsu 3 and Final Fantasy 3. Also, I hope you guys make this game easier than current Terraria, with a better progression with armor/weapons/itmes for boss battles. I personally would enjoy to see a game free from overpowered bosses and less sarcasm in NPC talks.

Terraria has overpowered bosses? I honestly liked how it took me hours upon hours to beat Plantera, it made it feel like an accomplishment when I finally did. If T:OW was to be easier than Terraria than there should be more levels of difficulty, like Easy, Normal, and Legend.

Last edited:
Terraria has overpowered bosses?

I think pretty much incredibly cheap and over powered, and seems to me that they are very much created to irritate the player rather than present a "buy-in" into the game play mechanics and teach the player way of thinking to get things through. Here - you are just mince meat. Skeletron Prime on Expert for example. And I feel that game is very lacking in terms of item progression comparing to the severe difficulty of it. Many of things are highly tedious to obtain, only for the player not being able to have any greater use of it until later in the game. And far too many weapons prior to a boss fight have rather low DPS for them to be of any use. I play Single Player. And it seems to me that this was created not for Single Player, but for several players at once.

Not to hack down on the game or anything. I like it, the whole concept and idea of it. The graphics, the items, the design... all of it. Truly fascinating. Especially since I'm very very into retro gaming. I just find it way too difficult. Skeletron Prime is able to blast several highly damaging and very difficult to avoid laser shots from several sources, while maintaining high velocity of all of his limbs -- Plantera can kill in a single stroke and can catch the player even in full speed with a Unicorn. Armos are basically useless. Still won't make up to the damage the bosses make. Nothing can protect you basically. So - for me - I don't find those boss fights enjoyable at all. Though I do imagine it presents quite a good challenge and is somewhat easier for multiple players, not for Single Players. I would be most grateful if it was at least a bit easier. :)

Skeletron Prime was hard, but if you beat the Destroyer first and get the Megashark and a long platform it'll be easier. As for Plantera it sounds like you went aboveground, and if you take Plantera aboveground it get's a major boost to everything. I personally really like multiplayer, which stinks because I only know one person who plays Terraria, and they stopped before I bought the game. I can't speak for the creators of the game, but I'd say the game is made for both at the same time, single player for a challenge, and multiplayer for fun. I like the idea of T:OW being easier, but not if it removes the challenge of the game, maybe a kinda zen mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom