Terraria: Otherworld Changing of the Guard: An Update from Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change the guard, walk the dog, trim the hedges. All the same to me.

I resent you abusing my long-term dedication to the Terraria product- I have spent hundreds on extra games and merchandise. I enjoy very little of what is produced in the form of entertainment because 90% of it exists as worthless, time-wasting crap.

What I do embrace is usually exceptional- that is, until my rare devotion is trampled on those who are capable of exceptional work. And please know you firmly buried the boot of your indifference deep into the heart of my joy concerning this product. I suggest not letting this happen again or divorce will be swift.

Change the guard, walk the dog, trim the hedges. All the same to me.

I resent you abusing my long-term dedication to the Terraria product- I have spent hundreds on extra games and merchandise. I enjoy very little of what is produced in the form of entertainment because 90% of it exists as worthless, time-wasting crap.

What I do embrace is usually exceptional- that is, until my rare devotion is trampled on those who are capable of exceptional work. And please know you firmly buried the boot of your indifference deep into the heart of my joy concerning this product. I suggest not letting this happen again or divorce will be swift.
That's okay, we signed a prenup. ;)

I always knew that one day Terraria would be invaded by genetically spliced spider-bat hybrid demons.

1.3.5: Darkflight of the Arachnobats.

You have my respect Re-Logic. It would be a lie if I told you I wasnt unhappy with the "Radio Silence." It is a bummer to find out that months and Months of hope that engine and you guys were developing this game into something massive was not what we got. However, it's not necessarily you guys just didn't work on it or feel like it. Your resources weren't working as planned and limited.

I do believe we don't realize certain things though. Terraria is a massive game, built by a little team for many, many years. Terraria wasn't that massive to begin with, it was an unfinished game as most of you know that story. The game took years to be what it is today. Terraria Otherworld however, is planned to be Just as Big at Launch. Not only that but it is safe to assume by the tone and repeated ambitious ideas they keep hinting at, that this game will be massive. With a bigger studio to help them there are no limits. Not only that but we will see big updates I can bet you.

My next point is that we most already know that Otherworld is a spin off and NOT the sequel. Terraria has a bright future ahead, Loki quoted and confirmed ;). This is bound to be a major help to them. We all learn from our mistakes and hardships and WE MAKE THEM BETTER. We can't expect Re-Logic to be perfect from the get go. The moral of the story is not that we struggled but that we will do it better and bigger next time. Re-Logic has done excellent work and there standards and morals are the highest I see in such a greedy business. Yes, I am extremely bummed to have to potentially wait another year, but no matter, the game will be complete and keep us busy that much longer. The quality can be disturbingly good when you are allowed more time to give your soul to it. Just look at before and after Ubisoft games. I think it's safe to assume this is just Re-Logic learning to make there games that much more outstanding. They have gave so much to our community that most of us take for granted. Red and Cenx sure enough have a busy life as it is but they continue to keep us happy and that's what's important.

Congratulations to Re-Logic and the future of Terraria.

Hele terária other world je super ale musíme se setkat z novými věcmi ale je to výborný : Pumpking:: Pumpking:: Pumpking:

Attachments

• stažený soubor.jpg
    stažený soubor.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 159
Quick Question? Will TOW possibly release on console? It looks like a really good game, but I don't really have a PC, nor the time and money to buy one. Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Quick Question? Will TOW possibly release on console? It looks like a really good game, but I don't really have a PC, nor the time and money to buy one. Sorry if this question has been asked before.
The devs already said that TOW is in development for PC,Mac,Playstation 4 and Xbox One

The devs already said that TOW is in development for PC,Mac,Playstation 4 and Xbox One
Okay, thanks. Sorry for not noticing.
[doublepost=1491755214,1491754726][/doublepost]Also, what's the lore of the game? Is it any different from Terraria's? Is it completely different? Are potatoes behind it all? (Okay, that's probably not true...)

Just wanted to know. (I should probably stop asking questions...)

[doublepost=1491755214,1491754726][/doublepost]Also, what's the lore of the game? Is it any different from Terraria's? Is it completely different? Are potatoes behind it all? (Okay, that's probably not true...)

Yeah, just stop.

From what we know so far, it's more of an alternate universe approach. Basically a "What if Terraria was..." scenario, or as Ruud put it: "what if there was a darker world in Terraria where the corruption was *everywhere*".

I also have quote from the official announcement thread that might give you a bit of an impression:
Expanding upon the immensely popular action-sandbox title Terraria, exploring what might have been, and approaching gameplay in a new direction; Terraria: Otherworld represents a novel take on the Terraria experience.

Set in an alternate dimension within the Terraria universe, Terraria: Otherworld places the player in a life-and-death struggle to restore a once-pristine world – now overrun by a malevolent force that has corrupted nature itself – to its original splendor. Along with a rag-tag band of survivors, will you be able to successfully harness the power of an array of weaponry, magic, defenses, and even the world itself to thwart the designs of this unseen evil?

Combining the experience of sandbox gameplay with role-playing and strategy elements, Terraria: Otherworld explores the Terraria experience in an innovative and unique way - providing a fresh approach to the “open world” genre.

Well it's kind of sad to hear that Otherworld is basically being set back again, but I appreciate you guys letting us know of this rather than keeping it under wraps. Hardships will happen, and I can definitely stand behind a company who would prefer to let their fans and customers know of these problems instead of trying to hide it like nothing's happened. I've been so excited for Otherworld, and this huge setback breaks my heart, but I'd prefer a late-released, phenomenal game over some rushed garbage.
Thank you everyone involved.

Sidenote: You may have stated this somewhere and I'm just an idiot, but where does this leave Engine? Are they out of the Terraria picture?

Last edited:
Personally, since Terraria is likely the game with the biggest and best updates/patches EVER, and at an absolute steal of a price....I'm willing to wait, however long it takes. Because it will be epic. I've played more of Terraria than any other game I've owned, and I come from a very solid RPG background (plus, I've never fancied Minecraft) and just picked it up from a Steam Sale (when it was at 1,000,000 sold!) because it was only $1.99. Deal of the century. I've never even finished one game of Terraria; I get so stuck in with all of the elements of crafting and building and just lose myself. Then I take a break for whatever reason, then start fresh on a new game. I should resolve to finally finish one (taking down all bosses; I think Plantera is the last one I've killed). Every update has so many cool new elements that, again, I get lost exploring.

Anyway. I'd much rather you change it all, two years in, and start fresh. I know you've made the right decision. It will be glorious, when it drops. I know I don't post or engage much on this board, but I'm here quietly supporting you. Good luck to your new co-studio. Amazing opportunity.

You know what rustles my jimmies on the screenshot apart from rope? The fact that corruption seems to affect all blocks, manmade too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom