Terraria: Otherworld Changing of the Guard: An Update from Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 14 when I first saw talk about Terraria Otherworld. I am turning 17 in less than 2 months. Would Terraria Otherworld's release date for my 18th birthday be too much to ask for?

I was 14 when I first saw talk about Terraria Otherworld. I am turning 17 in less than 2 months. Would Terraria Otherworld's release date for my 18th birthday be too much to ask for?
that doesn't make sense, the T:OW was about a year annouced, how your 17 now when your 14 when you saw T:OW for it been a year? o_O

0efebf68293c4138d4cfde294be29ab5.jpg

Last edited:
that doesn't make sense, the T:OW was about a year annouced, how your 17 now when your 14 when you saw T:OW for it been a year? o_O

0efebf68293c4138d4cfde294be29ab5.jpg

Otherworld was first hinted at in the thread 'Now for a taste of things to come...' with it's first post dated november 24 2014. A very small, and purple, video.

Otherworld was first hinted at in the thread 'Now for a taste of things to come...' with it's first post dated november 24 2014. A very small, and purple, video.
not really, they were about do the project with chucklefish, but friendly departure to do starbound, then reddit lead another game called "Edge of Space" were they were part that game which it took them doing something else in project in mind instead of T:OW of 2014, last year of 2017 (the year before it) they annouce updating game, for really been 2 years they had the game fully operational in some part of ball park.

This is really different from a 2 year and not annouce of from 3 years. In other hand, and yes I know miss a number of year, I usually don't keep track of time of the year very offten because the day been going by the same in some what boring, but less lollygaging. The game wasn't annouce from 2 years ago, all the dev is updating terraia itself and some others features of other games.

not really, they were about do the project with chucklefish, but friendly departure to do starbound, then reddit lead another game called "Edge of Space" were they were part that game which it took them doing something else in project in mind instead of T:OW of 2014, last year of 2017 (the year before it) they annouce updating game, for really been 2 years they had the game fully operational in some part of ball park.
I don't know where you found this information, but it is not at all correct. Chucklefish has never had any involvement in OtherWorld, and there is no current collaboration between Re-Logic and Chucklefish. Finn Brice did some very early work on Terraria, none since 2011, and that's about the extent of the connection between the two companies.

I don't know where you found this information, but it is not at all correct. Chucklefish has never had any involvement in OtherWorld, and there is no current collaboration between Re-Logic and Chucklefish. Finn Brice did some very early work on Terraria, none since 2011, and that's about the extent of the connection between the two companies.
oh no, I said they depature doing starbound which saying they doing their side project more offten also same with relogic working with terraria. I know you guys are still in hand on deck. it just little crazy by all I means don't see chucklefish not really against you, pretty much by depature, just another words to described as in just going different direction working in other project that what I mean by mind.

oh no, I said they depature doing starbound which saying they doing their side project more offten also same with relogic working with terraria. I know you guys are still in hand on deck. it just little crazy by all I means don't see chucklefish not really against you, pretty much by depature, just another words to described as in just going different direction working in other project that what I mean by mind.
No offense or anything, but it's pretty hard to understand what you're typing, as a lot of it is garbled. Are you a native English speaker?

As we have no idea where they are in the development (and possibly the devs may not be 100% sure either) let's settle somewhere between a "yes" and a "nobody knows"

No offense or anything, but it's pretty hard to understand what you're typing, as a lot of it is garbled. Are you a native English speaker?
native englishmen? Ha I wish I was british. So pretty much appolgized of all the mix up then. Lads, laddy, Ma'ams and Ma'dams, it just when English smack one another who try claim perfect grammars, I find them all broken and dumb the same time that why I give up understand who grammar is more correct which side of all the bloody torrment where men put each other insanity for endless decades. That why I am applogizing about the issue for all content of English grammar because the grammar is always will be broken though out nearly forever mate.

I don't think knowing more than we currently do is some privilege the fan base is entitled to...

In the vast and rocky world of trade where winning the dedicated interest of customers is the holy grail of business success anyone suggesting that fans are entitled to nothing and their sense of privilege is meaningless has stepped off the whistling ledge into the abyss of abject ignorance and, possibly, arrogance.

It is not unreasonable to posit that game developers who market titles with hazy tendencies are, in fact, callous toward the dedication of gamers. It is mostly the fault of gamers who have allowed this environment to exist in the first place by producing every excuse in the book for aloof and imperious companies when these organizations fail to appropriately and factually present the potentiality of a title.

while we are planning our stragiest as a player, we are hoping we will get awesome powerful sniper rifle kind of in the way we imagine, accept not super overly powerful like this version

In the vast and rocky world of trade where winning the dedicated interest of customers is the holy grail of business success anyone suggesting that fans are entitled to nothing and their sense of privilege is meaningless has stepped off the whistling ledge into the abyss of abject ignorance and, possibly, arrogance.

It is not unreasonable to posit that game developers who market titles with hazy tendencies are, in fact, callous toward the dedication of gamers. It is mostly the fault of gamers who have allowed this environment to exist in the first place by producing every excuse in the book for aloof and imperious companies when these organizations fail to appropriately and factually present the potentiality of a title.

Bit of an extreme Strawman argument there. I'm not saying fans should feel privileged that the developers would even deign to speak to us. There should be a reasonable middle ground though. Game development can be months of absolutely nothing being finished. Should the developer keep saying "still working on the feature I talked about last time?" for months on end?

My point is we as an audience expect too much nowadays. Monthly, and in some extreme opinions weekly updates are all treated as if it's a normal minimum every developer should strive for. Not meeting that high level of communication is met with accusations of ignoring and "abusing their audience" as another poster put it. I feel that level of communication just isn't reasonable.

while we are bored, now we can imagin how the epic of the story will become across the bassiled of scents of smell, to see the sweet flavor of T:OW (and no I am not thinking about cooking), what will the developers will spice what up that comes in mind of the game or what ferce some enemies come in return from the darkness...? Find out on ADVENTURE TIME XD (joking around with that joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom