Terraria: Otherworld Changing of the Guard: An Update from Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we still think what the developer doing in their imagination world of in mind dealing with things for untold. What they really they are doing is dealing with this download everytime like this

1313613920045.png

While in mind of the developers is this img we cannot show because its too great in mind to see or other wise you will be flabber gasp.
connection:
https://images.8tracks.com/cover/i/...0,1080,1080&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=max&w=1024&h=1024

Last edited:
In the vast and rocky world of trade where winning the dedicated interest of customers is the holy grail of business success anyone suggesting that fans are entitled to nothing and their sense of privilege is meaningless has stepped off the whistling ledge into the abyss of abject ignorance and, possibly, arrogance.

It is not unreasonable to posit that game developers who market titles with hazy tendencies are, in fact, callous toward the dedication of gamers. It is mostly the fault of gamers who have allowed this environment to exist in the first place by producing every excuse in the book for aloof and imperious companies when these organizations fail to appropriately and factually present the potentiality of a title.

My feelings on the matter are simply that you can't have it both ways. Anyone who's success requires public interest, be they a game developer, celebrity, politician, etc, has to accept that said interest is always going to be a double-edged sword. It's hypocrisy to be all too eager to benefit from the audience's interest when it's convenient, then declare that same interest "entitlement" or otherwise illegitimate in matters where it's inconvenient. If my interest counts when you want to sell me something, it counts just as much when you don't. Thus, I would say it's only fair that those who wish to capitalize on attention are just as eager to report bad news as good, so long as the audience is still asking.

And just to avoid any misunderstanding, this isn't aimed at Terraria's developers, they've never called us entitled or told us to go away or anything. It's just my general complaint regarding the double standard of treating only wanted customer attention as legitimate. Though, speaking of Re-Logic, considering it's been nearly two months of silence now, I don't think an official update would be unwarranted. Even if it's just to say "nothing's changed, we're still trying to figure out how to salvage this thing and still have no idea how long it's gonna take," A report of some sort is better than total silence. I don't know about everybody else, but I come to this forum primarily for official developer announcements, so how about throwing people like me a bone more often? You know, to keep us stopping by so we're still here when there's finally good news to report?

My feelings on the matter are simply that you can't have it both ways. Anyone who's success requires public interest, be they a game developer, celebrity, politician, etc, has to accept that said interest is always going to be a double-edged sword. It's hypocrisy to be all too eager to benefit from the audience's interest when it's convenient, then declare that same interest "entitlement" or otherwise illegitimate in matters where it's inconvenient. If my interest counts when you want to sell me something, it counts just as much when you don't. Thus, I would say it's only fair that those who wish to capitalize on attention are just as eager to report bad news as good, so long as the audience is still asking.

And just to avoid any misunderstanding, this isn't aimed at Terraria's developers, they've never called us entitled or told us to go away or anything. It's just my general complaint regarding the double standard of treating only wanted customer attention as legitimate. Though, speaking of Re-Logic, considering it's been nearly two months of silence now, I don't think an official update would be unwarranted. Even if it's just to say "nothing's changed, we're still trying to figure out how to salvage this thing and still have no idea how long it's gonna take," A report of some sort is better than total silence. I don't know about everybody else, but I come to this forum primarily for official developer announcements, so how about throwing people like me a bone more often? You know, to keep us stopping by so we're still here when there's finally good news to report?
That's pretty much what developer silence is, "nothing's changed." And 2 months is such a small amount of time. You don't really expect to hear from the developers that often do you?

Being too familiar with your customers can create bad pitfalls. You could suggest you might do something, and that becomes the promise you broke to your fans. So companies generally want to make sure that what ever we are told is pretty certain. That makes it take time to get back to us. There's a reason companies hire a person whose job is just to talk to us.

Ok. I think it's about time to speak up again.

This whole situation shows rather poor management and planning on the part of relogic. The fact is that relogic should have never contracted an outside studio to develop T:OW and they should have just done it all themselves. Now because of that they have lost plenty of time, money, and trust from it's customers. Now, this isn't the first time I have said this and the response I got was "Well, if just our team worked on it then there wouldn't be anymore updates to Terraria". Who freakin cares? You guys made you butt loads of money off of Terraria already. The only reason to keep providing updates to Terraria is to show that you are good people... but all of that gets thrown out the window when there is such a poor mismanagement like this. It's an absolute disaster. You guys were at one point hoping to have T:OW released before the end of 2015 and even stated that as your goal, but also openly stated that there is no promises and it will not come out until it's complete. I get that. But now a year and a half later, and having to scrap one studio because they sucked and a bunch of annoyed customers, this all just seems like one huge joke and I have absolutely no faith in relogic or even that T:OW will even be a good game at this point.

What relogic should have done and just stayed with doing everything in-house. You know the age old saying "If you want something done right then do it yourself". I am confident to say that if relogic didn't screw around with other studios and continuing to update the original Terraria then we likely would have had T:OW already. So much WASTED time.

Someone with more experience needs to takeover management of relogic to keep them from making anymore ridiculous mistakes.

Someone with more experience needs to takeover management of relogic to keep them from making anymore ridiculously stupid mistakes.

Someone with more experience needs to takeover management of relogic to keep them from making anymore ridiculously stupid mistakes.
No I don't think so. Fact, this isn't a board you can control; fact, its more pointless to accuse someone who doesn't fit for their own job when he made the game with couple random people and now buddies in offices and you think his own buddies will kick them out who had faith in his friends that can able make it. More pointless you address of making pointless conversation because you wanted the game out now, look at bethesda who made their first elder scroll game, it took them flipping 5 year to make the game good their time, then several time when elder scroll come out more it got greater and greater then today elder scroll skyrim was the best game and looking at it bethesda almost went out busniess until developer and his team made 1 awesome game and made it to be legend and where do I get to the point between how bethesda is compare to relogic is because they have the same determination to make the game full of joy and yet you ask for bloody with a snap in that second!

Stop exspecting that everyone is perfect in the gaming companies there is flaws, and you just doubt them in their abilities because several mistakes which its easy to admen that cost its called "patient and timing". Many gaming companies in the past didn't have a bloody name and their game data was not been found because its either they were try make quick bucks for not fixing the game or either they lie to the people didn't do jack $##! , by whom you accuse for man made small mistake and try keep things together may seem depressing, but I say every time to the developer "don't give up, there is time as time will tell either your life is mistake or someone tell you it is for I say it is not, you had inspire people in every way to be creatived in every way in your game so don't give up what you love making, let enjoyment last long as possible for people will remember to enjoy"

I am not a jerk who hadn't touch the bloody game and accuse it right away for you just accuse his mistakes was stupid and wasted tiny amount money, that means nothing! There is call voleentiers and simply they will do it because they have time in their hand to do so. So they can choose leave whatever they wanted if they were mistreated right. If you wanted manage relogic companies then try manage tranfer datas in the bank who flipping deal with paper works dealing with the goverments, bills, who did what,improving securities every day for banks will not be rob and tell who dept must be paid. It can be twice then fustrations, so does the developer which everyone deal with it the same way in fustration. If you want talk bad mouthing because you wanted the game out and exspecting it to be out now, I tell you now get use to it because that is LIFE for life is not fair to anyone because everyone make it that way to be unfair.

I forgive developers making mistakes in the game sometime it could be funny, displeasing or annoying, but knowing if you can't forgive, then who is going forgive you if you made a mistake? I say forgive and forget, its a way mercy not for the weak, but thous handle life and start to lose their minds (as in, mental break down, their spirit breaking, being dept with the bank, bill issues, or something may attend cause you to stumble on it) I ask for them to rest and have peace. So let them have peace so they can rest, for they aren't mindless machines who do work without joy to their work so I say, let them have joy when they needed it.

Trolling/Personal Attacks
LMFWHAO! That whole post was an incomprehensible pile of nonsense rubbish. For what little did make sense was absolutely absurd assumptions. Go back to second grade and when you can finally make sentences using proper english then you can come back.

Ok. I think it's about time to speak up again.

This whole situation shows rather poor management and planning on the part of relogic. The fact is that relogic should have never contracted an outside studio to develop T:OW and they should have just done it all themselves. Now because of that they have lost plenty of time, money, and trust from it's customers. Now, this isn't the first time I have said this and the response I got was "Well, if just our team worked on it then there wouldn't be anymore updates to Terraria". Who freakin cares? You guys made you butt loads of money off of Terraria already. The only reason to keep providing updates to Terraria is to show that you are good people... but all of that gets thrown out the window when there is such a poor mismanagement like this. It's an absolute disaster. You guys were at one point hoping to have T:OW released before the end of 2015 and even stated that as your goal, but also openly stated that there is no promises and it will not come out until it's complete. I get that. But now a year and a half later, and having to scrap one studio because they sucked and a bunch of annoyed customers, this all just seems like one huge joke and I have absolutely no faith in relogic or even that T:OW will even be a good game at this point.

What relogic should have done and just stayed with doing everything in-house. You know the age old saying "If you want something done right then do it yourself". I am confident to say that if relogic didn't screw around with other studios and continuing to update the original Terraria then we likely would have had T:OW already. So much WASTED time.

Someone with more experience needs to takeover management of relogic to keep them from making anymore ridiculous mistakes.

In some ways, the entire reason they 'outsourced' (if you want to call it that) Terraria: Otherworld is because Re-Logic simply doesn't have the manpower to make it, (by my estimates) even if they stopped working on Terraria. I'm fairly confident that if it had been developed in house (and Re-Logic has a very small house), it wouldn't have been finished by now either.

I'm not sure where this loss of faith is coming from, or how you came to the conclusion that T:OW will not be a good game. To each their own, I suppose.

LMFWHAO! That whole post was an incomprehensible pile of nonsense rubbish. For what little did make sense was absolutely absurd assumptions. Go back to second grade and when you can finally make sentences using proper english then you can come back.
Only a fool call someone else grammar a rubbish because wanted feel better then anyone else, guess what. What you do hmm? Just trolling and got nothing to do as else, no wonder why when it comes to trolls the only trolls to have a friend is really no one, but the internet. As life goes by you your just sitting down trying make everyone hate one another for your not helping anyone, but yourself.

I ask you does earthly knowleged always fill with you joy or worldly junk wisdom people keep on putting it in the chinese cookie that trying make feel better or bad I say to you for you will be woe-ing out every day because what you learn here for you bought nothing, but stupidity to bring faultly-hood to make others stumbled. I say to you you know nothing what is true joy in life for blind man can see better then you what is joy to his life truely, even the mutes or the people who is deaf to their ears. I say all you know to judge other of their action right away as you judge a book its cover.

You should of been greatful there is some wisdom roam greatly with the words forgiveness, but you laughed a wisdom who acted mercy for you and decied throw stone-ful words, when they gave you food, clothing, and a home to stay as yet you gave them nothing in return as you kick them out your home. As the next person who saw this action your action will be added to you and thous who see around you including the dead. In the end you will be woe-ing because no one shall cloth you, no one shall give you food, no one give you water nor a home to stay.

Only a fool call someone else grammar a rubbish because wanted feel better then anyone else, guess what. What you do hmm? Just trolling and got nothing to do as else, no wonder why when it comes to trolls the only trolls to have a friend is really no one, but the internet. As life goes by you your just sitting down trying make everyone hate one another for your not helping anyone, but yourself.

I ask you does earthly knowleged always fill with you joy or worldly junk wisdom people keep on putting it in the chinese cookie that trying make feel better or bad I say to you for you will be woe-ing out every day because what you learn here for you bought nothing, but stupidity to bring faultly-hood to make others stumbled. I say to you you know nothing what is true joy in life for blind man can see better then you what is joy to his life truely, even the mutes or the people who is deaf to their ears. I say all you know to judge other of their action right away as you judge a book its cover.

You should of been greatful there is some wisdom roam greatly with the words forgiveness, but you laughed a wisdom who acted mercy for you and decied throw stone-ful words, when they gave you food, clothing, and a home to stay as yet you gave them nothing in return as you kick them out your home. As the next person who saw this action your action will be added to you and thous who see around you including the dead.

This member is no longer part of the community. Please move on from interacting with this member, and ignore content that is disrespectful.

This member is no longer part of the community. Please move on from interacting with this member, and ignore content that is disrespectful.
thx, but this is just incase if he wanted to do disrespect again by using another user again. I pity him/her because their own heart harden away what is good that came from what is good of wisdom.

& this Thread could use some Re-Railing, so...

I'm finding Terraria's Tower Defense addition from the crossover between Terraria & Dungeon Defenders 2 interesting. Will ToW get to keep that? :dryadsmile: (Not to mention Summoning/other Archetype Hybrid Play is cool... like having a Personal Battlegroup on the fight against one's Foes... instead of being mostly alone...)

& this Thread could use some Re-Railing, so...

I'm finding Terraria's Tower Defense addition from the crossover between Terraria & Dungeon Defenders 2 interesting. Will ToW get to keep that? :dryadsmile: (Not to mention Summoning/other Archetype Hybrid Play is cool... like having a Personal Battlegroup on the fight against one's Foes... instead of being mostly alone...)
need a super rapid machine guns for the turret because its going be D day all over again accept its terraia and we are not the nazi ppl.

need a super rapid machine guns for the turret because its going be D day all over again accept its terraia and we are not the nazi ppl.
Minigun Turrets? I would not say no to that. :merchantcool: *Eyeballs Steampunker & Arms Dealer*

I wonder if ToW will have Terraria Easter Eggs? If Dungeon Defenders 2 can find a way to Wormhole to Terraria, Terraria Wormholing to another Terraria can't be farfetched. For example, maybe a Terraria Megashark could find its way into ToW & then the ToW Mechanic could find it & find a way to 'tweak it' & make it better...? *CoughExplosiveRocketBulletsCough*

Minigun Turrets? I would not say no to that. :merchantcool: *Eyeballs Steampunker & Arms Dealer*

I wonder if ToW will have Terraria Easter Eggs? If Dungeon Defenders 2 can find a way to Wormhole to Terraria, Terraria Wormholing to another Terraria can't be farfetched. For example, maybe a Terraria Megashark could find its way into ToW & then the ToW Mechanic could find it & find a way to 'tweak it' & make it better...? *CoughExplosiveRocketBulletsCough*
you know I was being sarcastic about right? XD :D

Pretty much I was joking about the OP gatling gun, not minigun because they don't shoot fast as the real gatling gun plus its way heavyer. We already have that super dolphan machine gun op just make it unreal then its running riot speed OP including you add other effect attacks like meteor bullets to bounce for crits dmg and higher the chance overkill everything.

Well we could get "Imma Firin Ma Lazor" turret the good old classical style.

you know I was being sarcastic about right? XD :D

Pretty much I was joking about the OP gatling gun, not minigun because they don't shoot fast as the real gatling gun plus its way heavyer. We already have that super dolphan machine gun op just make it unreal then its running riot speed OP including you add other effect attacks like meteor bullets to bounce for crits dmg and higher the chance overkill everything.

Well we could get "Imma Firin Ma Lazor" turret the good old classical style.
Ya forgot to Flag your Sarcasm with one of these: > :p < or equivalent. `;)

Still, i'm not getting the Barkeep to show up in my new game after defeating EoC so i'm getting worried I missed out on the Turret Fun. Honestly, there is a distinct shortage of Turret Options in Terraria... ToW could address this imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom