Terraria: Otherworld Changing of the Guard: An Update from Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just read through it all and i am very excited that we are getting a new "pack" for terraria
[doublepost=1512058513,1512058382][/doublepost]Good luck to all devs

I must admit that my own desire for the product to come to fruition has at times felt like an agitation similar to wearing a shirt where the tag scrapes against the back of your neck until the flesh is nice and chafed.

Commenting on a previous post, this sort of game concept by its very nature cannot be a patch to Terraria. That game's too established for the type of changes presented in Otherworld. It would upset too many people for the entire game to be overhauled like that.

I'm really looking forward to Terraria Otherworld and I'm hoping I can get it quickly after the release so I can get a video out! They ignored my early access request so I guess I'll just have to watch all the threads! If you're interested in watching Terraria Otherworld visit my channel https://www.youtube.com/shadowscyther and I hope the game is as hype as I think!

I too am stoked about the new game. I've been a long time Terraria fan. Your track record for free(!) updates is second to none, so I'm more than willing to throw money at you guys.

It could also be that the name, Terraria: Otherworld, kinda sounds like it would be a DLC type thing for Terraria, and they just don't pay attention to the pictures.

So development on Terraria:Other World Has taken almost 3 years of course engine software is no longer with the community of Terraria but the concept and development of the early Terraria:Other World still stayed with us but...What year is it planed?This game feels forgotten When it shouldn't be :sigh:

So development on Terraria:Other World Has taken almost 3 years of course engine software is no longer with the community of Terraria but the concept and development of the early Terraria:Other World still stayed with us but...What year is it planed?This game feels forgotten When it shouldn't be :sigh:
Game development on average takes around 4 years from concept to finish. When Engine left the process started over from day 1. I'd expect it to be more than a year before we see anything useful out of this project again.

Game development on average takes around 4 years from concept to finish. When Engine left the process started over from day 1. I'd expect it to be more than a year before we see anything useful out of this project again.
There is no average regarding game development time, because there is no average game, but if plans are laid out correctly prior to development commencing things should go smoothly.
Sadly, this was not the case with T:OW.
So, it is just a case of having to wait and see what eventually happens.
Hopefully the true fans will not level undue criticism toward the new developers who are having to pick up the pieces from the prior team which has caused the delay.

How ambitious is the scope anyway? It’s been ages since we last heard anything yet again! Surely there is SOMETHING to announce? A logo, some new concept art? Anything!

Last time I was correct that something was kinda off but again, it feels like something isn’t going according to plan.

Some tease for January 2018 then? Just to reassure us it’s actually making any progress?

There is no average regarding game development time, because there is no average game, but if plans are laid out correctly prior to development commencing things should go smoothly.
Sadly, this was not the case with T:OW.
So, it is just a case of having to wait and see what eventually happens.
Hopefully the true fans will not level undue criticism toward the new developers who are having to pick up the pieces from the prior team which has caused the delay.
I'm not saying there's a one size fits all development process. I am saying the existing data of actual development times in the past averages out to about 4-5 years. The average has skewed down some after the advent of the yearly release cycle. Thankfully more companies are starting to see the drawbacks to that release calendar.

How ambitious is the scope anyway? It’s been ages since we last heard anything yet again! Surely there is SOMETHING to announce? A logo, some new concept art? Anything!

Last time I was correct that something was kinda off but again, it feels like something isn’t going according to plan.

Some tease for January 2018 then? Just to reassure us it’s actually making any progress?
It's a game that isn't even in the alpha prototype stage. Why do we need to know it's still being worked on anyways? You need to be told if you should wait for it or give up on the project? Find other stuff to occupy your time. The news will come when there's something to report.

This kind of hype is why people should know nothing about entertainment products until about 3-6 months before said product is being released. Development secrecy helps way more than this hyping things for a year or more.

Why do we need to know it's still being worked on anyways?

Because we care about it, because they didn't deny or confirm we wouldn't get any information till the game was ready, in fact we got RADIO SILENCE, also because CUBEWORLD

This kind of hype is why people should know nothing about entertainment products until about 3-6 months before said product is being released. Development secrecy helps way more than this hyping things for a year or more.

Now now, you should be mad at them for this " hyping thing for a year or more" you so despise, because they've been doing this for years :

Didn't see you complain in 2015, sneak peek, preview, information every other month, they even made a TRAILER for christ sake! now what do you call that ? Healthy communication don't make me laugh, they hyped that S h i t up, even though the game wasn't plan to be released till 2016.

Before that remember Starbound ? this project was hyped up for years, and when the game was released, stayed in ALPHA for years , but still, we knew they were working on it.

So don't be mad at us for a bad habit they created to hype their game, don't be mad at us for asking, to have a bit of info twice a years, or is that already too much to ask ?

The worst is, im such a sucker for it, if they simply said, " we still working on it" every six month or so, i wouldn't worry that much, for a game I simply want to see released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom