tModLoader Chaos RPG

Gortart

Terrarian
Chaos RPG is a very lightweight RPG mod.
In contrast with other RPG mods, Chaos RPG players don't have levels in traditional sense. Instead, they have stat levels which means you can max out all stats if you grind a lot.
Also, the player has to wear Chaos Circlet(which is a accessory) to get bonus, so it is a tradeoff.
You can download this mod from the mod browser or github.

There are 4 stats and each give different bonus to the player.

Mind
Mind increases all damage and critical chance.
Body
Body increases health and endurance.
Soul
Soul increases critical damage and dodge chance.
Chaos
Chaos increases armor penetration and boss damage. But there's a catch. You can't level up your chaos yourself. Chaos' level is equal to your least stat level.

To level up a stat, you need chaos orbs. They are uncommon drops from enemies. Enemies with more health will drop more frequently. Some enemies can drop several orbs!
Once you obtained chaos orbs, you can craft them into mind, body or soul orbs. Using them will grow that stat. The whole stack of orbs gets used at once so the player doesn't have to keep clicking.
As you level up, orbs required to level up will increase. It is exponential, so don't expect reaching max level(100) without heavy grinding.

If you have any question/suggestion/problem, leave it here. I'll do my best to adress them.

Changelogs:

Initial release.

Added mod icon.

Migrated to tmodloader 0.11.5

The mod now includes source code.

Last edited:
Will there be an "Exact" Upgrade?

Examples:
"Unity" - increases Max Minion/Sentry amount, and increases Summon damage scaling with Chaos
"Understanding" - increases EGO damage scaling with Mind (Exclusive to AlchemistNPC)
"Life" - increases duration of summoned Spirits from staffs, seed amounts from bags, and increase Druid damage scaling with Soul (Exclusive to Mod of Redemption)
"Death"
- Increases Rouge Critical Chance and Rouge damage scaling with Body (Exclusive to Calamity)

Will there be an "Exact" Upgrade?

Examples:
"Unity" - increases Max Minion/Sentry amount, and increases Summon damage scaling with Chaos
"Understanding" - increases EGO damage scaling with Mind (Exclusive to AlchemistNPC)
"Life" - increases duration of summoned Spirits from staffs, seed amounts from bags, and increase Druid damage scaling with Soul (Exclusive to Mod of Redemption)
"Death"
- Increases Rouge Critical Chance and Rouge damage scaling with Body (Exclusive to Calamity)
I don't get what do you mean by "Exact" upgrade. Do you mean class-specific?

The thing about max minion/sentry is that it can be really overpowered, especially when used by other classes. Though I might add max minion for every 30 levels of mind.
Other mods' classes do get damage bonuses(uses brand new player.allDamage field). And such big mods that add new damage type are usually closed-source so it is really hard to implement mod-specific bonuses.

Would it be possible to add a way to keep track of your stats, perhaps in the same vein as Calamity's Level Meters?

Edit: Nevermind, got it.
For future readers, I made this comment when I just started out a world. The Merchant sells an item called the Chaos Circlet which does exactly what I asked.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to add a way to keep track of your stats, perhaps in the same vein as Calamity's Level Meters?
(unless there already is and I haven't found it yet)
Chaos Circlet already displays level, progress % for current level and amount left for level up.

Chaos Circlet already displays level, progress % for current level and amount left for level up.
How do I get this circlet? I leveled up Mind a lot and I still don't see any damage increase on my Arkhalis
Nevermind I found it.

I wish I could customize the max level, I reached 100 on all three stats before Plantera, and some bonuses are too small (like mind's damage. just 20% for all the grinding?)

Last edited:
How do I get this circlet? I leveled up Mind a lot and I still don't see any damage increase on my Arkhalis
Nevermind I found it.

I wish I could customize the max level, I reached 100 on all three stats before Plantera, and some bonuses are too small (like mind's damage. just 20% for all the grinding?)
Strange. New player should have chaos circlet in their starting inventory.
The required orbs to level up scales exponentially to discourage this. And I don't think 20% damage and crit chance is underpowered.

Strange. New player should have chaos circlet in their starting inventory.
The required orbs to level up scales exponentially to discourage this. And I don't think 20% damage and crit chance is underpowered.
Yeah I was using an old character, thankfully you thought of that and put it in the merchant's shop. And 20% critical is huge, 20% damage is just above the hardmode emblems. I have 3k chaos orbs just sitting pretty in my piggy bank, looking forward to customizing max levels :p

Back
Top Bottom