Mobile Character info saving but world info isn't

indisplutably

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
Galaxy S8
Mobile OS
Android Pie
Occasionally when I save and exit the game on mobile, my character progress will save but my world progress won't. I.e, I'll get on for a few minutes and build an NPC house, then when I come back, my inventory and equipment will be as I left it while the world will be the same as it was before I built the house.

Occasionally when I save and exit the game on mobile, my character progress will save but my world progress won't. I.e, I'll get on for a few minutes and build an NPC house, then when I come back, my inventory and equipment will be as I left it while the world will be the same as it was before I built the house.
Hi @indisplutably, welcome to the forums. :)

Do you have enough storage space on your device for the world to save? Are you sure you’re giving the game enough time to save through properly exiting the game (or are you just closing the app or letting it go to sleep, which could cause the world to not save)?

Hi @indisplutably, welcome to the forums. :)

Do you have enough storage space on your device for the world to save? Are you sure you’re giving the game enough time to save through properly exiting the game (or are you just closing the app or letting it go to sleep, which could cause the world to not save)?

Yes, more than enough. About 40GB of available space. Also, I always let it get to the start menu before I close the app.

Yes, more than enough. About 40GB of available space. Also, I always let it get to the start menu before I close the app.
Not sure what could be happening. I haven't seen anyone else report that they've had this issue that I recall. You can try and file a bug report with DR Studios (the mobile developers) through 505 Games (the publishers) support portal here: Terraria (Mobile)

I used to have that issue back on older versions of the game (pre revamp/1.3) the loss of the save icon however makes it harder to tell when the game actually saves. Back then i would always open the menu multiple times, wait for the icon then go in and quit to menu.

I'd recommend playing around with how you treat closing the game, do some simple and cheap edits near your spawnpoint and experiment with actions before you close out, if you edit sticks you know it saved, if your edit disappears you know it didn't.

Do you experience a fair bit of lag/frame loss in game? (Like Freezing, or slow renders?)
If your phone is a bit overwhelmed it is possible that it can't process the game's request to write save data and therefore misses world based data.
If your issue is lag based than there are various 'out of game' causes that could be your issue, close as many active/background applications as you can. (Via Button left of home button)
Your internet browser could potentially have a lot of tabs open (similar to computer browser tabs) i know people that probably had more than a thousand tabs, mostly duplicates, it froze for a while when i closed all.
Also try looking in your settings for the built in device manager, using battery and memory cleanup prior to launching the game can free up memory for terraria to run alot smoother.

Back
Top Bottom