PC Character Won't Move

What worked for me was to bring up the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+delete and cancel it. Worked fine after that. didn't go into Task Manager. I just got the pop up and cancelled it
The fact that this actually worked only has me more confused.

Also for what it's worth, the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen is called the "GINA screen". Task Manager is something else.

So yeah i tried everything posted here and no luck the only thing that helps me is deleting terraria, turning of my pc then turning it on and then installing terraria again, but it helps for that period of time. If i turn off the game it resets and i have to do it all over again and again.
Is there anything that can help me?

So yeah i tried everything posted here and no luck the only thing that helps me is deleting terraria, turning of my pc then turning it on and then installing terraria again, but it helps for that period of time. If i turn off the game it resets and i have to do it all over again and again.
Is there anything that can help me?
Harmless suggestions:
  • Try running the game as an admin.
  • Try opening the game, loading a single player world, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del then clicking Cancel on the blue screen.
  • Try unplugging your keyboard and plugging it back in.
  • Try connecting to a multiplayer world, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del then clicking Cancel.
  • Try unplugging any connected controllers then closing and re-opening Steam.
    • Clicking the X in the top right does not close Steam, you have to open your task bar icon menu, right click the Steam icon and click Exit.
Unlikely suggestions:
  • Try searching your Task Manager for any Terraria-related processes that may have stuck open in the background and manually end them.
  • Try checking your hardware to see if you've accidentally enabled a different keyboard profile for Terraria or something.
  • Try closing other applications on your computer which may be hogging resources or stealing inputs.
  • Try temporarily disabling your antivirus.
  • Try temporarily disabling your firewall.
  • Try installing the game on your main C: drive instead of a secondary drive, if that's something you do.
  • As a last resort, try verifying the integrity of your game files.
    • This will delete your characters and worlds, so make a backup of them if needed.
If none of this works then the problem is more technical than what I can help with.

Last edited:
Harmless suggestions:
  • Try running the game as an admin.
  • Try opening the game, loading a single player world, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del then clicking Cancel on the blue screen.
  • Try unplugging your keyboard and plugging it back in.
  • Try connecting to a multiplayer world, pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del then clicking Cancel.
  • Try unplugging any connected controllers then closing and re-opening Steam.
    • Clicking the X in the top right does not close Steam, you have to open your task bar icon menu, right click the Steam icon and click Exit.
Unlikely suggestions:
  • Try searching your Task Manager for any Terraria-related processes that may have stuck open in the background and manually end them.
  • Try checking your hardware to see if you've accidentally enabled a different keyboard profile for Terraria or something.
  • Try closing other applications on your computer which may be hogging resources or stealing inputs.
  • Try temporarily disabling your antivirus.
  • Try temporarily disabling your firewall.
  • Try installing the game on your main C: drive instead of a secondary drive, if that's something you do.
  • As a last resort, try verifying the integrity of your game files.
    • This will delete your characters and worlds, so make a backup of them if needed.
If none of this works then the problem is more technical than what I can help with.
Thank you so much <3
The curse has been lifted
NVM

Last edited:
Okay, this has to be a joke right? RIGHT? The first time i did the methods it worked now nothing works again. Is Re-Logic trolling me or something?

i had this issue in t-mod-loader and i found that there is a glitch the alchemist npc mod's crack crown item, when i reached 5007 souls it locked my character until i removed the pet. so if you have this problem and have the cracked crown pet on take it off and you should be able to move

Back
Top Bottom