PC Character Won't Move

RyanTaylorrz'

Terrarian
I have searched far and wide for other people with this issue, but I can only find people with similar issues, whose solutions don't work for me.

So I was playing on a multiplayer server and teleported back home with the magic mirror when suddenly, my character wouldn't move anymore. Here's a list of details and things I've already tried to fix it:

- Rebinding the keys (strangely, the 'R' key is the only key that works. I tried rebinding left movement to the R key and my character would move, but no other key would work. I am still able to use the mouse but could only quit with Alt+F4 as the inventory button was no longer working either)
- Playing in singleplayer.
- Creating a new character.
- Creating a new world.
- Verifying the game cache / Reinstalling the game.
- Trying a PS4 controller / uninstalling the drivers for my PS4 controller.
- Keyboard is set to UK (default).
- Disabling UAC.
- Changing audio device/drivers. (Inspired by this thread in which users reported their character freezing during the transition from rain to snow storms - however, my issue happens in any biome in any world).

None of the above has solved the issue. I tried playing on my laptop and it worked, so it's definitely related to my desktop PC, but I no longer have said laptop.

It's been over a year now and I still haven't been able to play the game. Hopefully the new update will fix it because otherwise, I've been completely locked out of a game I paid for.

All the time whilst playing, I gave up trying to fix the issue a year a go and reloaded it today to see the issue persists and nobody has a solution. I sincerely have no idea how to replicate the issue because it's completely irrespective of location/place/sounds/character etc. I just cannot move in Terraria at all, ever, anymore, seemingly at random.

1. Are you on a laptop or desktop.

2. It's just your character that can't move? The game still continues correct? It doesn't freeze?

3. Can enemies still damage you?

1. Are you on a laptop or desktop.

2. It's just your character that can't move? The game still continues correct? It doesn't freeze?

3. Can enemies still damage you?

1. Desktop
2. The game continues perfectly fine, yes
3. Enemies can still damage me, I can die, and I'll respawn still unable to move

So I know this is an old thread but I had this occur to me on a multiplayer world.

This was a modded server so I don't know if its even applicable but it is the same symptoms.

It affects all players, spawn was in air so we would actually float in the air, we could not interact with anything like NPC's, chests, or even fall down unless we pressed the enter key to chat, then we would gain control to interact and start falling. After having this world glitch out like this any world generated by both players that accessed the server while it was glitching out had the same symptoms for both their clients.

We were just killing bosses and a blood moon occurred when the server crashed while a reload brought us to that state.

Doing a clean install fixed vanilla though. I do have a server log showing the error from a later time but I do not have the original server log. Looking at the server logs it appears it was probable caused by some mods/mod loader.

I hope knowing what a similar error was could maybe help resolve the issue for vanilla (if it was even caused during vanilla play)

Attachments

• server.log
    23.6 KB · Views: 484
I have the same problem as RyanTaylorrz'. I guess support doesn't know what to do about this problem, considering there is no workaround in the thread.

Try shift tab if you're playing on Steam. I was having the same issue until I just tried seeing if going to the steam tab would somehow reset the loop it was stuck on. Something from Steam must be causing an error. Give it a shot and tell me what happens, if it works I'll post this in other chats and threads regarding the issue.

Thank you,

I have just had the same problem. My character just stopped moving and i can't log out other way than alt+f4. Strange thing is that I can move when I press my d or a and space at the same time. Can't jump or use my inventory. Shift Tabbing didn't help :p

Hello, I have this problem too.
I have tried to restart my computer and it's work, but, when I close the game and restart it, the bug is back. I have tried to shift tab option but it's still not working.

Heads up: they recently released a path for 1.4.0.3, I would suggest checking again to see if it still occurs. Some people have had this issue no longer occur ever since this update has happened. Also regarding this hot-fix, they have gave a troubleshooting method that should theoretically fix this issue:

2.PNG

Back
Top Bottom