1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

PC Characters that need alt to be held to type can't be typed in-game

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by Yodesman, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Yodesman

Yodesman Terrarian

Characters like @ (alt gr + q) and # (alt gr + 3) which require me to hold alt to type them (on my keyboard layout at least) can't be typed in the in-game chat. They need to be copied outside the game and pasted in.

2. azekill_DIABLO

azekill_DIABLO Eye of Cthulhu

Alt is probably not made to be used in chat and therefore does the thing it's bound to outside of the chat. Just a suggestion.

BTW, what keyboard do you use not to be able to have # and @ on the line above your keyboard?
    maybe the game doesn't recognize the layout properly and awaits you to do AltGr on the number line (whatever it's called, it's uspposed to be over the letter part)

3. Yodesman

Yodesman Terrarian

Thing is, it used to work before a certain update though I don't recall which. My layout is a Turkish Q. Not sure what you mean by that last sentence.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  4. azekill_DIABLO

Don't worry for the last sentence It's just you have a very different layout from AZERTY and QWERTY apparently. I have no idea how to get this to work °~°

5. Yodesman

Yodesman Terrarian

I don't though? It's pretty much identical to a standard US Qwerty other than some extra letters and differently positioned symbols.

6. azekill_DIABLO

I have no idea what your layout looks like honestly, and I can't find a clear image of it. Normally you've got a line of keys just above QWERTY which (in my case, AZERTY keyboard) corresponds to &é"'(-è_çà)=.

For you it would look like 1234567890... but normally pressing AltGr on this 0 key makes a @.

Hope I can be clear enough, English isn't my main langage at all.

7. Yodesman

Yodesman Terrarian

[​IMG]

8. azekill_DIABLO

Well we got similar key boards… So the AltGr + Q doesn't give a @? What does the AltGr + 0 then? You might need to warn a dev about it if it doesn't work, thisl ooks like an unsupported layout issue to me.

9. Yodesman

Yodesman Terrarian

My dude, the entire point of making this thread was to report the issue. As I said in the original post, I cannot type any character that needs alt gr to be held to be typed, meaning alt gr + 0 does nothing.

10. azekill_DIABLO

I think after a while I understood sry. I cannot help you at all :O