Portfolio/Multi-Topic cheese

Then why would anyone bother trying to balance things? I have never seen anyone who shares your opinion successfully answer this question.
Come on. There is no big unbalance here. Yes, some things in this game can be made easier by using your head. This doesn't make anything people do wrong and I wouldn't even call it cheesing. This type of game lends itself to do these things, due to being able to directly manipulate the environment.
You can't 100% balance ANY game, let alone a game like this. People will always find means to make their life easier. Let them do so. They are not harming or hampering -your- game experience in any way. No one has the same kind of skills. "Balance" one thing out, some people find it harder, others find it easier. Everyone's different.

Whining about a mouse fart is what this is.
*Oh no! People are not playing the game the way *I* want them to! This needs to change!*
Who made you the chief of Terraria? How selfish can one get? Flabbergasting.

Come on. There is no big unbalance here. Yes, some things in this game can be made easier by using your head. This doesn't make anything people do wrong and I wouldn't even call it cheesing. This type of game lends itself to do these things, due to being able to directly manipulate the environment.
You can't 100% balance ANY game, let alone a game like this. People will always find means to make their life easier. Let them do so. They are not harming or hampering -your- game experience in any way. No one has the same kind of skills. "Balance" one thing out, some people find it harder, others find it easier. Everyone's different.
Yes, because sitting in a tiny box and clicking away while a dragon does the work for you is "using your head." Sure, you can't perfectly balance a game, but you still can get rid of the biggest imbalances, and this is probably one of the biggest ones only after the Daedalus Stormbow and Squire's Great Helm+Valhalla Knight's Breastplate combo (which actually require a brain anyway, so I don't have much of an issue with them.)
Honestly, I'd rather they just add an easy mode so that people wouldn't have to do this. There are better ways to fight the boss that your entire adventure has built up to, and if you actually bother to learn how to fight things, you get more out of them then just "cool, I got drops, moving on" and walking up to people who didn't cheese and saying that the game needs more content.

If they nerfed normal mode moon lord, again, I would be fine with it. Because you're actually using your head in a game where you're meant to use it.

Last edited:
Before nerfing any cheese methods, you have to realize that Moon Lord is actually one of the hardest things to cheese in the entire game (if you can even rank cheesing by difficulty). In fact, technically speaking Brain of Cthulhu and Eater of Worlds are by far the hardest bosses in the game because there is no way to reliably spam Nurse vs them.

People cheese Moon Lord for a reason, because he is disproportionally harder than all other bosses. If you want to remove Nurse cheesing from the game that's fine and I support it, but if your plan is to do it without a nerf to ML then you are dealing with a symptom, not the problem.

Back
Top Bottom