tModLoader Chen's Gradius Mod

Mod is updated to 0.7.2!

The Mod Browser is down, so here is the mod file.

- Implement Big Core Custom (incomplete)
- Big Core Custom is multiplayer compatible
- Optimize option code and fix bug where options are duplicated resulting to 7 options max
- Update the Needle Force sprite to reflect correct shadows
- Add more Option rules to support weapons from other mods (still incomplete)
- These mods are still specific to Calamity, Thorium, Spirit, Bluemagic and Crystilium

Big Core was a challenge to implement. There are things that are impossible (or rather not feasible) to replicate. We will rethink our implementations. Stay tuned.

sorry I don't quite understand does this mod just add acessories or it has balanced crafting? What are recipes

It's still a small project. It does add content that are on the main post. The recipes are based on progression as well. Refer to recipe browser. I'm quite bad at documenting these things.

Mod is updated to 0.7.3

Add retaliation mechanics to Gradius enemies and the boss. This is only available in Expert mode. This is a known mechanic in the Gradius series.

And the others are just bug fixes.
- Fix bug of Big Core's target not syncing
- Fix bug where options are needed to be ordered again
- Fix a bug where Moai projectile interactions are crashing the game
- Add more Option rules to support weapons from other mods (still incomplete)
- These mods are still specific to Calamity, Thorium, Spirit, Bluemagic and Crystilium

Mod is updated to 0.7.4

In this update...
  • Buff the Needle Force so it is more effective
  • Implement Option Seed
  • Add achievements thanks to AchievementLib
  • Add more Option rules to support weapons from other mods (still incomplete)
  • These mods are still specific to Calamity, Thorium, Spirit, Bluemagic and Crystilium
Option Seeds are smaller options that are incomplete. Even though that are incomplete, they are not really inferior to the regular Options. They have a slightly different behavior.

Next update will contain Charged Multiples, a type of Option that can be charged, featured in Salamander 2.

------

Woops! I forgot to add the recipe for Option Seeds! Expect a 0.7.4.1 today.

------

Mod is updated to 0.7.4.1

Really just added recipes for Option Seeds. Recipe for 4th option is also modified. Instead of a group of souls, they are replaced with Ectoplasms.

Last edited:
Mod is updated to 0.8.0

New Option Type: Charge Multiple
These Options behave the same as regular options, but they can be charged for a devastating special attack! They were featured in Salamander 2. Sprites and Sound effects are still placeholders.

Other things...
  • Multiplayer sync codes improved
  • These mods are still specific to Calamity, Thorium, Spirit, Bluemagic and Crystilium
This is by far another stable version of the mod.

Please wait for the Mod Browser to reflect the changes. Internet is being slow on me today.

Apparently this keeps happening, I'm guessing it has to do with the Big Core Custom's sprite size
Screenshot (10).png

Apparently this keeps happening, I'm guessing it has to do with the Big Core Custom's sprite size
View attachment 229014

Would you mind telling me what tModLoader version you have? 32-bit or 64-bit? That's weird because I had this error before, but your error's Texture2D size is apparently cut to half!

Can you also post your list of mods?

I found the cause. You do not have to do anything.

Since textures are created on the GPU, we are bound by the size restrictions imposed by the GPU. The upper limit on texture sizes depends on the particular model GPU you have

I will try to reduce the texture size. Very unfortunate as this will have different behaviors of Big Core sooner or later.

Last edited:
Mod is updated to 0.8.1

Things in this update are not features, but a lot of bug fixes and fixes on desyncs.
  • Remove Moai custom hitboxes to avoid crashes
  • Fix Charge Multiple's desync issue where the special attack missile head and trails separate
  • Fix issue where the Charge Multiples may become lost forever in multiplayer
  • Improve sync code of all enemies this mod introduces
  • Fix issue where Big Core and Moai were not retaliating when damaged

As for the problem stated by @Canito, I will work on it next quickly as 0.8.2 if there are other updates included. Since this is kind of urgent, Might as well release something like 0.8.1.1.

Hopefully I can solve it ASAP.

Last edited:
As promised...

Mod is now updated to 0.8.1.1

This update only addresses the Big Core Sprite Sheet issue. Please feel free to report any more bugs in this thread. Please inform us if the issue with the Big Core's sprite sheet still persists!

Mod is updated to 0.8.2

• Fix multiplayer bug issue where Charge Multiples are getting replaced when another player picks an item
  • Add field sprites for the Charge Multiples
  • Charge multiple special attack missile and trails are still placeholders
  • Charge multiple inventory sprite is also still a placeholder
  • Add Tabidachi music and music box from Gradius II
Finally fixed all bugs found when stress testing the mod with all the new features. Of course, there will still be bugs somewhere, so report them if there is one.

We are looking for spriters. Contact us if you want to help.

Mod is updated to 0.8.2.1

We have explored a few bits of weird behavior, which led us to silent exceptions caught in-game. It might not always happen, but they do happen! This update eliminates those so that things from this mod will work out as expected always.

• Fix multiplayer bug where there is a silent exception that occurs in Charge Multiples
  • Add light for Option items in the world
  • Exclude some note files that was bundled with the mod
  • Add a lot of Option rules to support weapons from other mods (still incomplete)

To compensate for the small update, we worked on a lot of Option rules for support of the said mods above.

Worry not, the next update will contain a new enemy! Stay tuned.

We are still looking for spriters by the way. Contact us if you can help.

Mod updated to 0.8.3
but unfortunately not on the Mod Browser It's now in the Mod browser!

There's apparently a weird issue for me when uploading this specific mod into the Mod Browser using my mobile data... For now, I will attach the mod in the GitHub Releases Page.

Anyways,

New enemy: Sagna
Screen.gif

Other updates:
  • Optimize Grazia spawn mechanic to avoid it being buried into the tiles
  • Fix Garun and Zalk sprites from snapping when spawned
  • Optimize code and added sync rates for enemies

Lots of improvements in Syncing. I've been learning a lot in regards to syncing these for a smoother multiplayer experience.

Still looking for Spriters, by the way!

----

Edit: The Mod is now in Mod browser!

Last edited:
i suguest for the "moki" enemies not to have a damage cap of 1...since im using mods that changes HP this makes the enemies impossible to kill

i suguest for the "moki" enemies not to have a damage cap of 1...since im using mods that changes HP this makes the enemies impossible to kill

Noted. I'll just probably do a damage reduction. Even without the HP increase anyway, I found them in a real play through and I found them really hard to kill.

Also, I think I forgot to mention that the Moai will only take damage if you're in front of it.

----

Issue created in GitHub:

Noted. I'll just probably do a damage reduction. Even without the HP increase anyway, I found them in a real play through and I found them really hard to kill.

Also, I think I forgot to mention that the Moai will only take damage if you're in front of it.

----

Issue created in GitHub:

you mean when their mouth is open which a split second. (i play gradius ;3)

you mean when their mouth is open which a split second. (i play gradius ;3)

Yes.

The Moai will only take damage if their mouth is open, when you're in front of it and when the projectile is going towards them.

Yes this is the complete info. I should update the main post.

Hello!

Just a progress update...

The DUCKER enemy is hard to implement. I am challenged thus far. I can't seem to correctly interact the Ducker to Sloped tiles. Hopefully I can finish this enemy ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom