tModLoader Chen's Gradius Mod

Mod is updated to 0.8.5

New Enemy: Ducker
3kwDTuHR-qkbIEUc6DZsjlBxct-3r1bgUog5mXwMt85AGEwViDnR6dWsKi_tSEd1FsLhFqC83X86mAfxKosJBkUdx82SJ4GXBgOEMC6UOH1OPVWwkBX8b78jsZQnOd7DFnzqkCmrCoHqMRs1juZEC81Mx2jtlCoVq7sf_AR_-ujp6sbveMbnxtfUmvPq_3yS2MAb0gx6WxS5AjZtrBF8n2-W28RjCkRfUMjJof5dyvmkgZXmfEjmh9PASS2CZtbeeu8RSxWtC3DpKiGQMS8t6pgvKQy7pqNjd23AxADjhJqAy0aK4_tzoO7WK8my0TJEP_Lxpuh2GwWQ0eNIdGRYyUODDhYhTsQ0knF1yweqfKR81C8qU8I1Ts6fPSTpNS-UdteASo2IkE-H64_hU1LpaLiSVkyQ3ZVh3a7GhJVx9r34nrkLvxD1H-3sM3Sn5T9MteGEjqCtWP691zcOJjxz_FZLIOAR9RNSzKMx-ijCaAZRfdO2Nx2VDyxZOP7onRtTvHgthCtOD20_72tWyFQouwBPZvyNvA6OaRuO9TGhkjxIH_-mx9Ah5PoN3C-7lUAkYBsadx-XeCxT0Q4smYu0yRRoeQ9xf092dG92NCYMV3GM1DIteQXvlvFAPikx_xphX1kCj1yMWCDTFjDBcH_zp0bkqHPYtJ6I52nn0zW-_2J5MVuv1_GmplCwANXK1Iw6VG1g1HoNme3HRPSz-gEwyUUPsdY8anNJfxyxbT3KbRtH3k8Z=w777-h398-no

Other changes:
- Nerf Zalk enemies by reducing their fire rate and reducing their retaliation bullets. They have been the main cause of players' tears.
- Fix a bug where the 3rd Charge Multiple uses Option 4 as ingredient.
- Remove damage cap of 1 to Moai and Big Core.
- Moai and Big Core instead has a high % of damage reduction. Will 98% damage reduction be enough?
- Add documentation for other modders so that they can enable their projectiles to be supported by the Options. An improved API will soon be implemented.

There has been a raising demand on supporting rogue weapons from Calamity Mod. I'll give this one a go.

Mod is updated to 0.9.0
Not much content, but Cross Mod Content API is now available!

Other modders can now...
Add Option rules themselves if their projectiles are misbehaving.
Add support for their own Custom Damage Type so that Options may also duplicate them.

This is all possible through Mod.Call. Check the first post of this thread for the documentation.

Other changes include...
- Optimize general code
- Optimize Option Rule list code execution
- By default, support rogue weapons from Calamity Mod
- Fix Ducker desync issue
- Improve Sagna sync code for it to be smoother in multiplayer
- Increase spawn chance of Zalk, Sagna and Ducker
- Buff the Forces and give them more damage
- Change Needle Force to have all benefits of Standard Force
- Allow Needle Force to have more damage than Standard Force

That is all for this update. Stay tuned.
Next up are more enemies. I am preparing the mod to have its own invasion.

Please wait for the Mod Browser to reflect changes.

Mod is updated to 0.9.4

Highlights:

Aim Option
9g4sh10cl9h02xsrykEecg0jM8NaxTC3nCRXWgDwW_ArhaO4Y0bTGCFY2ClImCrM7DXS0kSAwVKpAdIJ_AAwwC_qT6gQM34dDihWW191aeU8fgAObCkR2DBI4UdA3W2WERJ8LZd6TGU5V8c3kI5j7QungS0VWb4R-23kzE1ZY50400VXCS9X9wmdszRNpN-nwWYbC8mx-DxrtbPgZ1k_BFMpKkkzJD2iNMSRPSQPAbb9P1ZMvSRKJb75glpNbZPNnO2O7ZXACpSk-rCnd9KqszgJPmZqkxJ8Mh-XjyqrOIMjU7UFUptIwztnDeIvSzApVTqyH5oWUnf6hJDA5AcvQm3Zw0AE7Q0MuNqcD2SfVZ_FaXIn7fwkS5fzXPApH97OfQc9xTUq_Zk3mnwsqroU0RwbFMp17ss-fGhYxHq915ecSxDqWgVU1yf8cBGcsZhkMX6I_LywPb7iLkf0YFKvMqI1hwdMq61ks_YJYpCu-cDj_Zita_Am99ojWvduOmKWuUQe8ZyUZV5A7m2q140JDHThgnhTQBq9CKMCC5BtuaVn4cayb1uDaRRF5gyMPCYmGhJUXthiAKbKishNEFGxvSN08RbFIYiaDZUiygXlRjZsxYgfCi50lEzNds2OVcDMSahFmmai6anFZ82j__3SYPxLFIowdfwBJY-JwphQjDCJRNxKLnDNjmvn8IYFdYyJpE50uRnD74XvkpSJdAu3_S38XUaX0-ZQLY7M0l_ujC1mB6aa=w355-h422-no

With this Option type, you can allow your options to focus fire in one point!

Search Option
WBsEyG5ha9fUBYWexTuMydBD9vOTR242vYX-uyaMIbDIeLtgncppQSINdd1RUb1Wdf-Olw_uKXK4T8NhQBs9sEoIDFxwtlkP22N1JzD25jTFDAhVJsLQ85brtFpu1AyqSjiucO6rHuSueZo10RNPoRzOFCy2Ny_2G68XeS3B0R5EvWNHD5bO-Yw4dHKFwsN9btD0N_WttkjhK82Fq3eNLGC2LZH6BRunYMq5rW_5bcc4cO-NcyEKgL0d2QjZ6iQJXHQs_DSMgPps1KASEfHgIJN6MEVfP3fGEsM8kpTomfNIYhyvs_9b80c4Dx5AClTgz9nFNe3MlGBLQ5v1Djpd1Vni75dYyDt2PRYutkP1suV06SoIaZPtIRhknkhDG3DWOK1GK7yCr5ZHDjovfgAAqf9kXHMlc5BNFm3Tl8O-ylbrceRK7gzWXC-36YWA5oF0ORT2Oe_sWiLF4FN7HF6m6qND92W0cRM_Mh1VqwUuyi6VZb_gTXQcS5Dkznrm_URlt0Zf0JDuz_CBzov9n9k0DOr2dvE91AKZNRtO_umb1_3BItxQOrzm3FQdyPsP99QTXbNdIimCH9NuAzRgU2Gv2FxBImeQlI3W9AjsyyLv5VddGSBPGuRqDIXOXFy5kjAYkzKTg23eLjFXeGcRT3BISsRQBhRSg0d5NTwFcSmkrdYzVBmIR7DEODfGfMfJ9l3NrZSqXb0hmRX9jL2EkZmmcjXdWLAO_pDqwhz9Zws8Kj8L3Kkb=w295-h568-no

With this Option type, you can have your options seek enemies and attack them every time you attack!
Take note that the options in this mode will have reduced firepower.

Other Changes:
- Further optimize Option codes and recipe layout to get rid of bad recipes
- Fix 1st Charge Multiple crafting station to the correct one
- Increase Freeze Options required snow blocks and ice blocks
- Increase Option Seed damage output
- Some sprites related to the new option types are still placeholders

Mod is updated to 0.8.5

New Enemy: Ducker

Other changes:
- Nerf Zalk enemies by reducing their fire rate and reducing their retaliation bullets. They have been the main cause of players' tears.
- Fix a bug where the 3rd Charge Multiple uses Option 4 as ingredient.
- Remove damage cap of 1 to Moai and Big Core.
- Moai and Big Core instead has a high % of damage reduction. Will 98% damage reduction be enough?
- Add documentation for other modders so that they can enable their projectiles to be supported by the Options. An improved API will soon be implemented.

There has been a raising demand on supporting rogue weapons from Calamity Mod. I'll give this one a go.

G4ib3WZ.gif

version 0.9.4.1 ...you said you removed the damage 1 cap....why am i still only doing 1 damage or do i need a mew map?

also with certain weapons having 4 options can make the game lag greatly especially in multiplayer (especially with Calamity weapons) is their a way you can say cap how many options a player can have on a server?

Last edited:
version 0.9.4.1 ...you said you removed the damage 1 cap....why am i still only doing 1 damage or do i need a mew map?

also with certain weapons having 4 options can make the game lag greatly especially in multiplayer (especially with Calamity weapons) is their a way you can say cap how many options a player can have on a server?

It has a 98% damage reduction. Your damage might still be being reduced to 1 because of this. I can reduce this still if you think it is necessary.

For the lag, this is why I am making the Option Rules available with the API. I am currently adding support for Calamity by default, but they are not done yet.

----

Expect another path. The search options in multiplayer can act odd, although they are behaving correctly most of the time.

It has a 98% damage reduction. Your damage might still be being reduced to 1 because of this. I can reduce this still if you think it is necessary.

For the lag, this is why I am making the Option Rules available with the API. I am currently adding support for Calamity by default, but they are not done yet.

----

Expect another path. The search options in multiplayer can act odd, although they are behaving correctly most of the time.

why not just give the moai like a 50% Damage Reduction and give them more HP?

why not just give the moai like a 50% Damage Reduction and give them more HP?

Alright. This will be included in the next update.

Edit: Just saw Moai defense is 100 still. I forgot to 0 this out. Forgive me. I'll try zeroing this out in the next update then tell me if it's better. I will also reduce reduction and increase health points slightly.

Last edited:
Mod is updated to 0.9.4.2
Hot fixes here and there.

This update is meant for fixing the issues found in Search Options. Hopefully there won't be anymore bugs related to this, although there would need a lot of test if Search Options would cause a desync (only in multiplayer) due to its advanced behavior.

This update also updated Large enemies to have damage reduction to 95% only, and reduce defense to 0. HP slightly increased. @Sumenora Please do let me know if you're still dealing 1 damage.

Some optimizations and support for Option rules.

We need spriters, by the way.

Wait for the Mod Browser to reflect the update.

Mod is updated to 0.9.4.2
Hot fixes here and there.

This update is meant for fixing the issues found in Search Options. Hopefully there won't be anymore bugs related to this, although there would need a lot of test if Search Options would cause a desync (only in multiplayer) due to its advanced behavior.

This update also updated Large enemies to have damage reduction to 95% only, and reduce defense to 0. HP slightly increased. @Sumenora Please do let me know if you're still dealing 1 damage.

Some optimizations and support for Option rules.

We need spriters, by the way.

Wait for the Mod Browser to reflect the update.

i can confirm that its no longer doing 1 damage but around ranges between 5 to 30 depending on weapon...the moai feel now like their originals now...maybe "loop 3" XD.
you know this makes me wanna play "gradius Gaiden" Too bad you cant implement to "option hunter"...that would probably ruin my days!

Last edited:
Would it be possible to either reduce Big Core's spawn chance or make it not spawn when indoors? (like wyverns). I was trying to sort things on an old space house I had and Big Cores kept reappearing and destroying my NPCs.

Would it be possible to either reduce Big Core's spawn chance or make it not spawn when indoors? (like wyverns). I was trying to sort things on an old space house I had and Big Cores kept reappearing and destroying my NPCs.
They are in fact small already. I'll make it smaller, OR I should just make the random spawn happen only when he is undefeated yet, and after that you get to have a summon item craftable.

What do you think?

I am not moving yet to items since I am making the invasion, but this is a reasonable action to take.

They are in fact small already. I'll make it smaller, OR I should just make the random spawn happen only when he is undefeated yet, and after that you get to have a summon item craftable.

What do you think?

I am not moving yet to items since I am making the invasion, but this is a reasonable action to take.
Maybe not have it spawn on its own, but summon it with a spawner crafted from broken core parts dropped somewhat uncommonly (not rare, just uncommon) by fans? My issue with the current system is that I had a space base with all of my NPCs (which should lower monster spawns a lot) and yet the Big Core spawned at least five times in a 10-minute timespan, and killed everyone.
The alternative would be to make it only spawn when you are not behind walls and/or close to an NPC, just like wyverns.

There's so much work to do, including improvements and bug fixes. @Kojiro_S's suggestion will be moved to a later update. I want to update the mod with these fixes already so I can have feedback. the enemies are much more aggressive.

We are also working on our wiki, so there is such a delay for the updates. While working on the wiki, we found odd behaviors and bugs. One such odd behavior is that vertically reversed enemies will not spawn. Not a bug tho, but due to a misunderstanding on how Terraria works.

Stay tuned! Dagoom and Rush are new enemies that are implemented!

Dagoom: Hatches
Rush: Rush

Wiki: cheeeeeeeeeen/Chens-Gradius-Mod
Still under construction. There's not much to look at yet.

Mod is updated to 0.9.6

With a new pair of enemies...

Dagoom & Rush

wBd4_nHMj0VJ0wbkXkzKoZz35r12Vbn7p6nI3gxh_ZpU6WwT7804ApmvoNNcWRYk75dw3kwlk7wryhszGVGy3of0f1NPb3Ktm4taZfBThcXmctDTi9KNubNcA-6MrcmNaYOOxFIU7zbDKOJ_PEVQlw-hMwoQ4Au5BJRk7qg_aYtnUtGuYBS8A6-BFalJxjufegMY0Cd6laYBKrfwbCNy_zCmIWKjexIGDiWSABpBAmvmtI1qMsFYY75n-baOOWju-owMbDx6aCD6GVULHe5KgR9UnfQk8Qvp0FcxK9FJCNFFoRbWsFRAorwVriTXlbl365j6m1MBo4E-Py_msKcgPqTgjxJehFG-e4QnDJXNXPBgmCZRdZ307aATXj1OBeymHz9_WMZxdxAnbdTP_fUUe_Di6U26XURqVe934A-Q7u8AgYt1-cEAEt7t2KLqcT2Y4c7HFIv10XF7znDaCI9e65ZxxXHWDJQ6SrgVpaSyG6eUrhXLLigG5U9V6qxpuYEUEBNDYtXS5UWpNRu4Bw5NOtH8gsIYWfD0Jme5YbWnMTggzE0GkTVe9aZG1MiOkejwfkFh6spkNLXEhViMdokR2_8ElgzpKXNvqAsv2Po1-aXrKIZ83Nwic6ZY2C3nsgY8LoqUfC6ZzIAeG8Xpo8oJ8JBd0ZPUgqqLp1RORgAs0r_NM9hbZcJVD9eIyz6MgjGO8h9jLD7quBsWGDolrbTB1X_qytZNQn5lvqzo6Iq23tXBHOW6=w379-h413-no

Other changes... which are indirect bug fixes to some issues.

- Optimize and generalized some codes while implementing new enemies
- Optimize sending of packets and minimized their sizes
- Improve the Ducker AI: Lower jump height and simplify behavior
- Increase Sagna's number of bullets when attacking
- Increase Ducker range and narrow down spread attack
- Increase Grazia's attack rate and range
- Lower spawn rate of Big Core Custom
- Add reforge cost and sell values to all Options
- Decrease Seek range of Search Options
- Add more Option rules to support weapons from other mods (still incomplete)
- These mods are still specific to Calamity, Thorium, Spirit, Bluemagic and Crystilium

There were a lot of bugs for enemies when interacting with sloped tiles. Yes, we're back to that issue again. Hopefully this fixes their odd behavior with slopes.

@Kojiro_S's suggestion will be worked on the next update as it will require some... sprites. I'll have to find a way, in any case. (But yes, it will be in a form of an item being used to summon Big Core.)
For now, I decreased Big Core's spawn rate to a tiny, tiny amount with some added checks.

There's also another issue I wish to fix together with it. It is about the spawning of vertically inversed versions of the enemies.

On top of that, I've become busier in work, so I will be working slower than usual. :dryadconfused:

Stay tuned! Please wait for the Mod Browser to update the changes.

Mod is updated to 0.9.7

A small update. It's main highlight is a fix for vertically inversed enemies! Well, they can spawn now!
I thought about this one a lot as I travelled through the Terraria code about the spawning. It was a painful task, so I ended up recoding initialization of most my enemies.
This included sync code and behaviors on when it spawns.

Anyways, as for Big Core... I am uncomfortable if I should really make the boss spawner item with placeholder sprites... I'm not really positive about it.
But I do have an idea, though... Unfortunately this idea popped into my head as I type this post. The Mechanical cart parts. Maybe I could use those...

Add more option rules in this update, and added Intermezzo music from Gradius V. That is all.

The next update should be a new Option Type. It is based on Spacing Options. Stay tuned. By the way, with all these enemies, maybe I should start doing that invasion. We'll see.

Good day to all. Wait for the Mod Browser to reflect changes.

Mod is updated to 0.9.8

Enemy Banners

eMljrLn.png

All existing enemies from this mod now have their own banners.

rZOGsC0.png

New Item: Big Blue Bizarre Lens
It spawns Big Core. That's it. This ultimately removed Big Core's spawn chance in Space.

Other updates are really just optimizations and code cleaning. More bug fixes including desync issues on the Rush enemy. Also removed AchievementLib related code.

Back
Top Bottom