tModLoader Chen's Gradius Mod

Mod is updated to 0.10.0

New Option Type: Recurve Options

FZjsAAB.gif

They're really just Spacing Options from Gradius V, just they adjust to according to direction of player and mouse cursor.
Report them if they have desync issues.

Also create a new API for adding custom damage types found in ModProjectile.

The other update is adding more calamity weapons to option rule list.

Please wait for the update to reflect in Mod Browser.

I would like to ask, maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to equip any Options except for the first tier? I tried equipping one Third and Second on my character, but neither of them seemed to work. I gave them to a friend of mine, and he seemed to be able to equip the first and second, but no the third one. Am I doing something wrong, maybe?

I would like to ask, maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to equip any Options except for the first tier? I tried equipping one Third and Second on my character, but neither of them seemed to work. I gave them to a friend of mine, and he seemed to be able to equip the first and second, but no the third one. Am I doing something wrong, maybe?

You can only equip 3rd if you have 2nd and 1st equipped. You can only equip 2nd if you have 1st equipped. You can only equip 4th if you have 3rd, 2nd and 1st equipped.

If this is not the expected behavior you're seeing, please say so.

Alright, it was my mistake. We didn't realize that we have to had the same type in a row in order to use (I was trying to use type Freeze alongside other types, which is why it didn't work).

On another topic, are the Bacterion Bullets supposed to do those insane amounts of damage? After we reached hard mode, the Gradius enemies can sometimes appear out of nowhere, dealing 240+ damage. When the Goblin Army appeared, it was pretty difficult to deal with because of how many Gradius enemies were spawning plus their insane damage output.

Yes, they are supposed to do that. However, I can make it so that they won't spawn near houses or in an invasion.

What do you think? I'm surprised only one reached out to me about it. `:p

Mod is updated to 0.10.1

Just content changes.

Reworked on Aim and Freeze Option recipes.
Aim Option 2nd now requires a Mechanical Lens.
Aim Option 3rd now requires Mechanical Worms.
Aim Option 4th now requires Binoculars.
For Freeze Options, instead of just a static increasing amount of Ice and Snow Blocks, their pattern was changed to fit in with the other Option types.
Freeze 1st now requires Snow Blocks only.
Freeze 2nd now requires Ice Blocks only.
Freeze 3rd now requires 5 Frost Cores.
Freeze 4th now requires... a frozen turtle shell. :dryadnaughty:

Along with these changes, upgrades to Option Types with 2 crafting stations no longer requires Tinkerer's Workshop.

All enemies have toned down base stats now so that they aren't too punishing in early Hard mode. However, they will scale up when Plantera is defeated. Not only that, they will grow even stronger when Moon Lord is defeated.

Search Option also got adjusted so that it is easier for them to lock on targets.

More Option rules were also added from Calamity mod.

That is all for this update. A lot of code optimizations happened, so something might have been broken. Report the bugs if there is one.

What is the next plan?
We will currently focus in finishing the wiki. We got a spriter to work on the placeholder sprites, so expect the next update to be a sprites update! By that time, the wiki should be completed.

This is the mod's wiki. Please feel free to comment if they are too confusing to read at.

Last edited:
What is the next plan?
We will currently focus in finishing the wiki. We got a spriter to work on the placeholder sprites, so expect the next update to be a sprites update! By that time, the wiki should be completed.

This plan won't be fulfilled. The spriter seems to be slow. So...

We're looking for Spriters!

I will release a crucial update. It is a complete rework of the Option Rules. We have solved the support of all projectiles properly without the need of adding them to the Option Rules. The Option Rules will not be a requirement anymore, and they will become optional.

The options are also further optimized in performance with this update.

Stay tuned! This is an awesome breakthrough that we made. At least for us.

The wiki is also complete with the current version's content!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THEY JUST KILLED THE NPC THAT TOOK ME HOURS TO GET

dude is your npc boss all of them for MY FREAKING NPCS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THEY JUST KILLED THE NPC THAT TOOK ME HOURS TO GET

Please do not spam messages in threads like this. If you have something to add, please use the edit button beneath your post.

Mod is updated to 1.0.0
Rework overhaul on Options are done. Most modded projectiles are automatically fixed and working.
Major implementation improvement. No need to undergo huge filter checks.

New API is provided. All mods using the old API must update or else they will not work.

No content or sprites update. The Recurve inventory sprite is currently being worked on slowly.

- Rework Option Rules
- Option Rules are now optional
- Option Rules are not anymore a required fix
- Rework Option Filtering mechanics which lessens performance deterioration
- Rework Cross Mod Content API that is related to Option Rules
- API now includes weapons instead of being just projectiles
- See Documentation about API in the main post or wiki
- Duplication of projectiles spawned by another projectile will most likely be fixed now

so any ideas on how to limit the amount of options a player can have especially in a multiplayer senerio?

so any ideas on how to limit the amount of options a player can have especially in a multiplayer senerio?

Do you have a suggestion on how? Since they are accessory-based, it will be hard. If the mod limits them from being unable to be equipped, they can enter a different world with different rules and enter the multiplayer world with limitations with the options still equipped.

Do you have a suggestion on how? Since they are accessory-based, it will be hard. If the mod limits them from being unable to be equipped, they can enter a different world with different rules and enter the multiplayer world with limitations with the options still equipped.

Perhaps you can put in a config that the item does not trigger a effect when equipped and not completely makes them unable to be equipped kinda like a On and Off switch

I've had an issue with the aim options for a while now. I can only equip the first option or the 1st & second option, yet they don't even spawn the option in the first place. I tested this with nothing but this mod and HERO's mod (just to get the option), and they don't work.

Perhaps you can put in a config that the item does not trigger a effect when equipped and not completely makes them unable to be equipped kinda like a On and Off switch

They can still bypass this by entering a world without limitation, then enter the multiplayer world. Things do get hairy if I let the mod force un-equip it.

I've had an issue with the aim options for a while now. I can only equip the first option or the 1st & second option, yet they don't even spawn the option in the first place. I tested this with nothing but this mod and HERO's mod (just to get the option), and they don't work.

Noted. I will deploy a fix ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom