tModLoader Chen's Gradius Mod

Please look if I got you correctly.

yep that is correct... also their is another problem as when a player teleports say for example when using a wormhole potion to another player or using a mirror the options seems to lose their prosition or stop behaving normally. Instead of following the player it gets stuck in certain position till the player removes and re-adds the option accessory

[19:34:01] [1/INFO] [Terraria]: Sending Server Config ChensGradiusMod GradiusModConfig: {"bacterionSpawnRateMultiplier":0.1}

the spawn rate multiplier works thou

[19:34:01] [1/INFO] [Terraria]: Sending Server Config ChensGradiusMod GradiusModConfig: {"bacterionSpawnRateMultiplier":0.1}

the spawn rate multiplier works thou

I had a test in single player with only Gradius Mod and Hero's Mod. All the configs work and are able to save properly.

I had a test in single player with only Gradius Mod and Hero's Mod. All the configs work and are able to save properly.

try doing it in multiplayer.

EOYDJWC.png

WYme44E.gif

194.....raised the bullet damage....194.....if it actually saved and took effect it should of done more then 194.

Edit : wait hold on....this only effects NPC and not the player as well!? why so the damage on these things are massive!! it can 1 or 2 shot me which seems unfair when the bullets are so hard to dodge especially in small spaces i suguest this also effect players as well if possible cause they do way too much damage!

Last edited:
I just need a sprite artist for the fixes to be deployed. The update should include new features.

The multiplayer-host server update thing is now fixed, I just need to complete the update with other features which is ironically just having someone to work with the sprites...

If anybody is interested in making these sprites, you're welcome to help. I shall guide you in the details.

I have deployed the latest fixes that was delayed by the supposedly new feature: Turret Options. Nobody wanted to work their sprites and icons anymore, so I stashed it away into the graveyard.

This should be the latest stable update of the mod. If you want to add more projectiles, refer to the mod's API found in the wiki. Thank you, everyone!

By the way, this does not mean I will not stop working/maintaining this.

i honestly perfer to see more from this mod <3 also btw were you also developing for Risk of rain 2 options?

So i'm using the Options, it can detect bullets from the ammo slot but after it goes beyond 3996, it doesn't copy the projectiles anymore.
Because Fargo's has this feature that turns bullets to unlimited if it becomes 3996 or more.

I don't know which mod I should go report this to but I'll report this here.

So i'm using the Options, it can detect bullets from the ammo slot but after it goes beyond 3996, it doesn't copy the projectiles anymore.
Because Fargo's has this feature that turns bullets to unlimited if it becomes 3996 or more.

I don't know which mod I should go report this to but I'll report this here.
I aimed for a generic implementation. I'm not sure how to work around the issue with Fargo's. I just used tModLoader's ammo slot and assigned ammo projectile.

Also, I am panning to update this mod again, but I would need a spriter that will add the Turret Options into the mod. I need sprites so that the implementation can be finished.
Just hit me up if you're interested in helping. This will also prepare me to port the mod over to 1.4.

I will also plan to add more configuration options in terms of health multipliers and damage multipliers of the mobd and options themselves for your own balancing purposes, but I just want my backlog with Turret Options to be completed first before I go on.

Mod is updated to 1.2.0!
Added Turret Options, where you can make the Options stay in place. There are still missing sprites, so feel free to contact me if you are a spriter.
Also added two new music boxes.
Integrated with Hero's Mod so that server config files can be changed by admins.
Integrated with Boss Checklist as well.

Next plan: Configurable mod · Issue #248 · cheeeeeeeeeen/Chens-Gradius-Mod

Last edited:
Mod is updated to 1.2.1!
I finally implemented the mod config I promised in the previous post.
The mod will also be ported over to tModLoader 1.4! Stay tuned.

MDjHDyQ.gif

Death MKII being a cute weapon instead.

Maybe I should add the alt attack too where it uses the missiles instead. What do you think?

Version 1.2.10 is out now.
Weapons so far of all categories have been implemented (except Throwing) and are added to Big Core Custom's loot.
There are a lot of improvements for the mod as I went along with implementing. Hopefully this can cause less bugs found in the mod. Only now did I find out all the projectile hitboxes were jank as hell. Already fixed them.

And now, it looks like I'll wait for 1.4 tML to stabilize. I will now also start exploring SubWorlds through the Subworld library. This will apparently make my dream come true in making the mod extending to Bacterion conquest, but I am still not sure if Subworld library will make it to tML 1.4. We'll see.

Greetings. I have challenged myself to add this guy as a boss. This is mainly for research if I am capable enough to make a boss fight that is very similar to the Gradius Series. Stay tuned. I will do my best to replicate the AI as it would behave in Gradius III Arcade.
IiNuj.png

Back
Top Bottom