Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
There is a couple glitches I have encountered with the game so far. I am fairly new to the game around 36 hours. The problems I'm having is when you open a chest then put items in it, then either the game randomly closes or you get disconnected you either lose all your stuff that you just put in your chest or you get and extra of that item. Either way it is a recurring problem for me because of poor internet connection and is not favorable. Next is when you put a pet in your inventory then remove it or make it invisible it does not go away from your character. I've tried closing and restarting the game but no luck in removing it till over time it disappears. That is all thanks for your time.

Welcome to the forums Goldenuniverse!
To check in advance with the chests, do you or the server have any mods installed? (E.g. tModLoader or TShock)

For the pet issue, do you have a pet buff icon? It's in the top-left, just below the hotbar. If you right-click to cancel the pet buff icon, that should remove the pet. You might also want to check the pet accessory slot to see if there's an item there that's causing the pet to resummon.

Neither of these issues are a bug, per say.

When you are disconnected, the game may not have been able to save properly. There is no way to force that save to happen if an external internet issue, and so this isn't preventable on our end. This sometimes results in either extras of items, or the loss of some items. You can potentially play single player instead to avoid this issue, but a persistent internet connection is required for multiplayer.

As Sigma indicated, you can remove a pet buff by looking in the top left corner of your screen for the pet buff icon. You can also make sure that the pet item is set to NOT be visible in the Equipment tab. :)

Back
Top Bottom