Items Chest Crafting Recipe

FR0STO9

Terrarian
Ok so I’ve restarted everything from scratch because of all the complaints. All I ask is for a chest to be able to be crafted with copper. That’s it, nothing else.

*Ok this is the last edit*
I basically have OCD so I probably won’t use your suggestions, what I meant to say at the very start (I have trouble finding the right words) is that those like me won’t like doing these things without proper gear. Piggy bank for money. Dressers for clothes. Chests for weapons and tools and such. However I have had to change my piggy bank (I’ve just got way too much stuff by this point) but honestly, it annoys me how wrong it is.

Last edited:
Iron/Lead has always been the universal metal for chests, trapdoors, other stations, mech boss summons, etc. and honestly it’s more fitting than anything else. It’s also super common, and even if you don’t have any it’s literally one extra inventory slot to bring almost every chest with. I’m certain you can find one slot to quick trash for chests. I don’t think this is an issue.

Last edited:
One does wonder what you're carrying around that your pockets are so full you can't hold iron, especially early in the game.

I usually make getting at least one chest a priority early in the game to start offloading stuff. Generally, I fully empty the first chest I find and dig that chest up. You can normally find at least one within a minute or two walk from spawn.

Last edited:
I don't really understand your complaint whatsoever...

Now most people just mine up the chests they found the loot in but others aren’t big on adventure.
Are you stating that you don't mine up chests because you don't go exploring? Then how is your inventory completely full that early into the game? Pretty much the only reason you will ever have full inventory early game is if you loot every single chest on one half of your world's surface, but even then you will have like 15 chests for you to collect and store stuff in.

This just seems like such a non-issue tbh.

Fun fact: In Journey Mode, almost all furniture items only require one research cost to duplicate! 😊🥤
  1. Iron/ Lead Ore can be found in/ dropped by Slimes & Fishing Crates.
  2. Living Trees, on the surface of the Overworld, will normally contain up to several Living Wood Chests (3x more in Drunk World).
  3. Gold Chests are now, much more likely to spawn in Underground Caverns.
  4. In a Drunk World, the player can craft a Void Bag/ Vault pre-Skeletron.
  5. The Merchant NPC sales the Piggy Bank item for only 1 Gold. 🐖

Yeah sorry guys. I’ve been offline recently. It’s not that I don’t go exploring but I like to build up a good base first and gather materials so that I don’t die. So when I am collecting resources things get a little full. Honestly I didn’t have any chests on my latest world until like 15 days later. Although there was a living tree 30s walk away lol! And really, I took me so long to find iron that I hadn’t found iron till like the 30th day. I’m not exaggerating. I know that it doesn’t really make any sense to some players, but it doesn’t fit everyone’s play style and it just makes sense to be able to make chests out of most metals. I tried to make a chest with copper and obviously it didn’t work so I got confused and it took me a long time to make some chests.

And hate to break it to you but I don’t use the piggy bank for anything but coins. It’s almost completely useless that way. but I don’t really care. Also I may have exaggerated but at the time I was feeling really annoyed with the crafting recipe. Do you know how long it takes for me to get a gold coin from a slime. I also don’t like cavern crashing until I have at least a good base and some simple wooden armour.

Iron/lead isn't much rarer than copper though...? It has more uses, so it's in higher demand than copper or tin, but you can usually find some relatively close to spawn if you dig a bit, or if there's a natural cave nearby. not always, but quite often, I think.

And hate to break it to you but I don’t use the piggy bank for anything but coins.
I mean, I get it. It's just that, if at any time you run out of space & there's nothing in your inventory you're willing to throw away, the Piggy Bank is a nice, temporary back-up storage container.

Also, like @A Fungal Eye said, if you can't be bothered with farming for iron, you can just substitute Chests for Dressers, which also double as containers (storage is storage). 😏 🤷‍♂️

Also I may have exaggerated but at the time I was feeling really annoyed with the crafting recipe. Do you know how long it takes for me to get a gold coin from a slime. I also don’t like cavern crashing until I have at least a good base and some simple wooden armour.
Well, if you're the type who doesn't like exploring, you'd be surprised at just how much money there is to be made fishing, especially doing quests for the Angler NPC! You're sure to get duplicates of some really good stuff that sales for a pretty-penny... and if you're into the whole NPC Happiness thing, you can sale things for even more... 😊🥤

And hate to break it to you but I don’t use the piggy bank for anything but coins. It’s almost completely useless that way. but I don’t really care. Also I may have exaggerated but at the time I was feeling really annoyed with the crafting recipe. Do you know how long it takes for me to get a gold coin from a slime. I also don’t like cavern crashing until I have at least a good base and some simple wooden armour.
I'm guessing because its awkward placing it down as you have to place platforms first. If that's the case, then keep in mind that you can get a money trough from the Blood Moon event that makes the piggy much more useable, as it doesn't need to be placed down and can be used anywhere.

I store my money in the piggy, but I also keep things that are useful but not regularly used in it. It's where I store potions, ammo, ice rod, staff of regrowth, and fishing gear. I also sometimes keep an anvil and furnace in it so I can craft armour while I'm out exploring, meaning I can take advantage of my finds straight away.

Totally honest, I never find enough iron or metals for a full set of armor, usually skipping to whatever's available, like shadow or meteor armor. So I typically just save them for boss summons and such.

Back
Top Bottom