tModLoader Chest Implants - Customize chests during world generation

hamstar

Terrarian
Chest Implants
v1.1.1.2​

Requires Mod Helpers

Allows customizing contents of world chests on world generation. Good for adventure maps or game modes. WIP.

Source available.

ChestImplants.png

Last edited:
v1.1.1.2
  • Added labels to config settings
  • Removed config default values
v1.1.1
  • Improved readability of code
  • Fixed issues with prepending and extracting chest items (!)
  • Updated mod homepage
  • Fixed item extraction
  • Altered API to use named implanters
  • Improved debug outputs
  • Fixed possible issue with extracting items from chests
v1.1.0
  • Minor tweak to chest matcher
  • Added ClearRandomImplanterSets()
  • Changed random sets config entries to use specific, numbered entries
  • Fixed issues with tML 11.5 config handling for certain `string` config fields (need `Ref` wrappers, currently?)
  • Changed AllFromSetChestImplanterDefinitions to be just a single main set
  • Added debug outputs
  • Implement proper merging of config fields via OverlayChanges
  • Fixed ChestImplanter methods
  • Corrected implants for negative values
  • Altered default config sample settings
  • Updated config to StackableModConfig
  • Added AllFromSetChestImplanterDefinitions setting
  • Renamed ChestImplanterDefinitions to RandomPickFromSetChestImplanterDefinitions
  • Restructured and tweaked ChestImplanter code (chest matcher)
v1.0.1.1
  • Initial forum release.

Attachments

• ChestImplants v1.0.1.1.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 207
  • ChestImplants v1.1.0.zip
    50.5 KB · Views: 160
  • ChestImplants v1.1.1.1.zip
    52.3 KB · Views: 143
  • ChestImplants v1.1.1.2.zip
    52.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Note that I just clicked the interrogation button because I have no clue on how to use this mod wich must be the best when you can handle it. Its only working with default settings for me, and I am just trying to replace silk for something else. The best part: when I googled chest implants. I guess the best mods are the most complicated.

Note that I just clicked the interrogation button because I have no clue on how to use this mod wich must be the best when you can handle it. Its only working with default settings for me, and I am just trying to replace silk for something else. The best part: when I googled chest implants. I guess the best mods are the most complicated.
Interrogation button? All use of this mod is via the mod's config.

I know... But whenever I try to replace silk for lets say, silk ropes, its generating empty web covered chests, while with the default settings its generating 99 silk on them, and as soon as I replace the max or min ammount of silk, it also generates empty chests. Im probably missing something. I can just add a bit of loot manually using tedit so I guess I got my issue solved..

I know... But whenever I try to replace silk for lets say, silk ropes, its generating empty web covered chests, while with the default settings its generating 99 silk on them, and as soon as I replace the max or min ammount of silk, it also generates empty chests. Im probably missing something. I can just add a bit of loot manually using tedit so I guess I got my issue solved..
Can you send me the config file you end up with? It would help me verify if there's a bug I can fix, at least.

Sure thing, altough it seems nothing missing, Ive just changed to 90 min ammount and its spawning empty chests with it. I reinstalled mod loader and terraria as well. Since I'm the only one who is having an issue I'm pretty sure its my terraria blocking the mod after ive made changes to its config.

Attachments

• ChestImplants_ChestImplantsConfig.json
    1.9 KB · Views: 162
Sure thing, altough it seems nothing missing, Ive just changed to 90 min ammount and its spawning empty chests with it. I reinstalled mod loader and terraria as well. Since I'm the only one who is having an issue I'm pretty sure its my terraria blocking the mod after ive made changes to its config.
Tell me if v1.1.1.1 fixes your problem, if you still want to try using this mod. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Well, its behaving different now, when I try to replace silk for silk rope coils, it will spawn chests with an empty slot, while if I try to replace silk for a single terra blade, it will spawn 99 silk on them. It's not erasing the whole content of the chests now. Im also trying to reload the mods in between usages but no chance. The thing is, checking the config file everything seems alright, there is no silk tag and instead there is a terrablade one, but its spawning silk.

What Im trying to do is to place modded items in the world generated chests since tedit wont allow me to, but I cant try to do it before I assume its going to work by testing with vanilla items.. My feeling is that im bringing trouble to the forums :(

Well, its behaving different now, when I try to replace silk for silk rope coils, it will spawn chests with an empty slot, while if I try to replace silk for a single terra blade, it will spawn 99 silk on them.
Weird. I'll bet it's that damn default settings bug that Nihilism had. I'll just remove those.

Well, its behaving different now, when I try to replace silk for silk rope coils, it will spawn chests with an empty slot, while if I try to replace silk for a single terra blade, it will spawn 99 silk on them. It's not erasing the whole content of the chests now. Im also trying to reload the mods in between usages but no chance. The thing is, checking the config file everything seems alright, there is no silk tag and instead there is a terrablade one, but its spawning silk.

What Im trying to do is to place modded items in the world generated chests since tedit wont allow me to, but I cant try to do it before I assume its going to work by testing with vanilla items.. My feeling is that im bringing trouble to the forums :(
Try v1.1.1.2.

Last edited:
Empty slot.. T.T
1586974788450.png

I also tried generating worlds without any other mods but this is the result. Im going to keep trying just in case im doing something wrong.

Empty slot.. T.T View attachment 267157
I also tried generating worlds without any other mods but this is the result. Im going to keep trying just in case im doing something wrong.
Reset your config file (might need to manually clear entries?), and then try this version (before I release it on Mod Browser) and tell me if you're still getting this issue:

Attachments

• ChestImplants v1.1.1.3a.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 143
There it goes, I hope this helps more people in the future.

Attachments

• ChestImplants_ChestImplantsConfig.json
    917 bytes · Views: 170
  • client.log
    21 KB · Views: 148
Back
Top Bottom