**REPORTED** Chest name tooltip stuck on cursor after using Demon or Magic Conch from inventory while hovering over a named chest.

Ambaire

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 8/8.1
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
After using a Demon or Magic conch while hovering the cursor over a named chest, the name tooltip will be stuck on the cursor after the teleport.

Screenshot showing the named chest:
tooltip.PNG

Before:
Conch hover.PNG

After:
tooltip bug.PNG

And a short video:

I'm unable to reproduce this on my end. Was this on Journey mode, by any chance? Did you have extended reach on?

I'm unable to reproduce this on my end. Was this on Journey mode, by any chance? Did you have extended reach on?
No, it was with a classic character on a master difficulty large world. I may have had the extendo grip equipped. Testing with the architect gizmo pack / builder potion / combinations, I am unable to replicate as well. Weird.

Your video proves it clearly, but its a bug that I need to be able to repro to investigate, so please let me know if you get it again, I'd like to get it fixed. Just can't reproduce it right now. :(

I've had it happen twice today, both times using the demon conch, but I've been unable to have it happen consistently...

I think I've found the same issue, and I made a thread about it yesterday. I don't remember using the demon conch (although I do use the normal conch frequently, might've been that), but I did notice that the name only appears when smart cursor is turned on.

I've been trying to reproduce it for about 10 minutes now and nothing has worked, but I'll let you know if I discover anything

Last edited:
I posted a video in my own thread, but I cut it a bit short and it doesn't show what accessories I had equipped. Thankfully I did open my inventory in the original video, and I did have the Architect Gizmo Pack equipped so it likely has something to do with the extended reach.

Also, now that I think about it, I think I used block swap to change the blocks underneath the chest shortly before this happened, so that might have something to do with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom