Mobile Chest not Working In One of My World

TERRARIA IOS

Terrarian
HELP! On my ios version of Terraria, I can't open chests in the world that was created before 1.2 update. I have tried many things to do save it, but it won't work. I tried using my friends Terraria Player, then open my chests, but it won't work. I tried destroying chests with items in it, then placing it back on-but everything in it is gone. In this world, the computer generated chests cannot be opened too! I also went into my other world, but that world was normal and the chests work.

If you can help me, pls help me. Im really desperate, and I don't know what to do. If you need more info, comment on it.

INFO about phone:
- IPhone 4
- Not jailbroken
- Actually paid for the game
- IOS 8.1

Info on Game:
- Harmode
- All NPC SUDDENLY GONE!!!
- Played for bout a year

Do you care that my brother is so sick because he drank so much blood in his sleep

This is the mobile support and bug report section. It serves the important purpose of improving the game and helping to organize and resolve issues for players. If your post isn't concerning the issue in question, it shouldn't be here. Please stay on topic in the future, alright?

Same here i logged on after my ipod was charging then all my npcs are gone and i cant open my chest but i can break chests with items in it. This has happend to me before so i put my good stuff in a safe and a piggy bank. Btw my ipod is not jail broken and i paid for the app. Pls help :(

Have you played terraria on multiplayer on that world? If your on android then this won't happen on the latest version but if you are on any other version then playing on multiplayer will KILL UR WORLD THE NEXT FEW TIMES YOU LOGON it happened to my brothers tab and now he had to make a new world

Exact same thing happened to me. It's EXTREMELY annoying! I had to delete my world because of this! I had many important things in my chests, 187 Chlorophyte bars, 310 hallowed bars, full dragon,turtle,spectre and shroomite armor in one of the chests!

I know this is old but I've just started getting back into terraria again and have just had this problem. Is there still no solution to fixing this without losing all my gear from my chests?

I know this is old but I've just started getting back into terraria again and have just had this problem. Is there still no solution to fixing this without losing all my gear from my chests?
It's alright to post in old topics, as long as you're contributing new relevant info like you have. :)

Are all of your NPCs gone as well, like others have mentioned above?

From the sounds of this - chests not opening and all NPCs suddenly disappearing - it sounds to me like a corrupted game file and cannot be recovered.

Hopefully, you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the world before it was corrupted, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

It's alright to post in old topics, as long as you're contributing new relevant info like you have. :)

Are all of your NPCs gone as well, like others have mentioned above?

From the sounds of this - chests not opening and all NPCs suddenly disappearing - it sounds to me like a corrupted game file and cannot be recovered.

Hopefully, you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the world before it was corrupted, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

Unfortunately I did not back up my world. Is there no way to fix a corrupted world?

Unfortunately I did not back up my world. Is there no way to fix a corrupted world?
The only other thing that I know of to try is to restore an earlier version if you're on Android and the world was a cloud save.

Please be careful with this option.
  • Log into your Google Drive from a computer, and find the Terraria cloud save files.
  • Select a file, right click and choose View More Options.
  • And then Manage Versions.
  • Hopefully it will pop up a list showing all the recent versions of that file.
  • Remove the most recent version that shows 0.0 kb (delete it or move it to your desktop).
  • If the next most recent version also shows 0.0 kb, remove that as well.
  • Restart your Terraria on your device, give it plenty of time to find the cloud saves.

Back
Top Bottom