Mobile Chests not opening, NPCs gone, Pilons not showing on the maps and the right beach part of the world got deleted after exiting and saving.

Meriotes

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
LG K10 Power
Mobile OS
Android 8.1
I left my world using "Save and Exit", and not only it didn't finished saving, but there was a visual bug where "Saving map data" and "Saving world data" were appearing at the same time. After that, it went to the title screen and i wanted to log in to see if everything was okay, and what is written in the title happened.
All the golden chests in my base were named just "Chest" and i could pick them with a pickaxe, so all the items in them were gone, together with all the NPCs disappearing and the Pylon network not showing on the map. I went and used the magic conch to see the beaches; the left side was okay, but as you can see in the image, the right end of the world got basically deleted, and that part showing blocks and such on the map disappeared right as i passed them.
This is the second time it happens, but in the first time, the world didn't work after i left it.
They were medium worlds, crimson and expert mode.
Screenshot_2020-10-31-15-09-28.png

bruh don’t be rude to him. he did not know the Bug before since he played the new version so it is not his fault that this has happen
I don't think he was rude, and he's right in this. It's better to have other backups in newer versions because you don't know what can happen. I didn't thought about that because i was just excited tp play.

well, I also encountered this problem , maybe its because when you saved your world , it took only 1 second to finish saving but in actual case it is still saving.
Theres this person who recently advised me that if i encounter this problem again, I should just wait in the terraria main page for about 30 seconds so that the world is saved completely and that parts of the world will not be missing. Hope this helps ! I had encountered this issue and I've lost progress before so ..

Well for the time being now just make sure to either back up your world or just at least do something else until this has been patched otherwise this can become making your world destroyed from bugs and all

well, I also encountered this problem , maybe its because when you saved your world , it took only 1 second to finish saving but in actual case it is still saving.
Theres this person who recently advised me that if i encounter this problem again, I should just wait in the terraria main page for about 30 seconds so that the world is saved completely and that parts of the world will not be missing. Hope this helps ! I had encountered this issue and I've lost progress before so ..
I'll try to do that next time it happens. And i might start another playthrough for now and backing up the world in various points while waiting for the hotfix that is coming.

Back
Top Bottom