Blocks & Decoration Chimneys! Maybe Fireplaces???

StyxTheAbsol

Terrarian
Basically the title. I was building out of ebonstone brick and realized something. There is only one chimney type. I think it would be a good addition to have a chimney for each brick like sandstone, ebonstone, the ore bricks, etc. Maybe change the smoke for the Ebonstone and Pearlstone variants. Not sure if the crimson would get one for the Flesh Blocks... I know a chimney for every tileset would be exhausting work for the devs, but hey, it never hurts to throw it out there.
They would be crafted by 10x of whichever brick to match the current chimney recipe.
I'm interested to know what you all think about this!
Chimney_%28placed%29.gif
Chimney_%28placed%29.gif
Chimney_%28placed%29.gif

Fireplace_%28placed%29.gif

I definitely think more chimney/fireplace options would be nice. Though maybe not every brick (there are 29 different types of bricks in the game). Perhaps it should be narrowed down to like 10 or so. Here are the ones I think should be included:
  • red brick
  • blue/green/pink dungeon bricks
  • ebonstone brick
  • pearlstone brick
  • sandstone brick
  • ice brick
  • mudstone brick
  • obsidian brick
This way, it gives a good representation of each biome's bricks without making as much work to implement all of them. Crimson could maybe have either flesh blocks or crimtane bricks, but I'm not sure.

Also, it might be cool to change the flame color for certain ones, such as a blue flame for ice, purple flame for obsidian, and green flame for ebonstone.

I definitely think more chimney/fireplace options would be nice. Though maybe not every brick (there are 29 different types of bricks in the game). Perhaps it should be narrowed down to like 10 or so. Here are the ones I think should be included:
  • red brick
  • blue/green/pink dungeon bricks
  • ebonstone brick
  • pearlstone brick
  • sandstone brick
  • ice brick
  • mudstone brick
  • obsidian brick
This way, it gives a good representation of each biome's bricks without making as much work to implement all of them. Crimson could maybe have either flesh blocks or crimtane bricks, but I'm not sure.

Also, it might be cool to change the flame color for certain ones, such as a blue flame for ice, purple flame for obsidian, and green flame for ebonstone.
Oooo now you're thinking :D

Back
Top Bottom