Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Nope.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care about it.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Perume

Official Terrarian
We can make bricks out of most hard-mode ores. However, there isn't any block or brick crafted with Chlorophyte ore, aside from the bars.
Introducing the Chlorophyte Bricks:
adHnI48.png
(Thanks Artigit)

Those would be crafted with 1 stone block and 1 Chlorophyte ore, as any other brick. The tooltip would probably be the same as the ore, "Reacts to the light". Furthermore, there should be some special effects related to this. For example:

·Glowing when exposed to direct sunlight
-or-
·Glowing in the dark afer being exposed to sunlight
-or-
·Glowing as a reaction of player's heat (heat-sensitive light -> Credits to Genrul Gruvs for the idea)

This would make the game a bit more balanced, and also act as an insanely expensive block to build with. :D

EDIT 1: Upgraded the OP, added sprite

Last edited:
More bricks is good. :D I don't know if I would that much much with them though... Maybe they can occur naturally in the jungle as jungle shrine brick.... or something similar...

As it has been said, shroomite and hallowed bricks could be added with @Snickerbobble, @Zoomo, and @Tobbvald ideas.
Also,those should shine when exposed to direct sunlight, like Chlorophyte is supossed to do (But it doesn't).
Lastly, it should look like a pile of leaves of some sort. I may draw my idea (I'm not really good at drawing, but I don't have anything better to do).
Btw, I have to update the OP.

Last edited:
Chlorophyte makes most things in the game special, like homing bullets, boucing arrows, you get the idea! I think the bricks should maybe light up dark areas (green light by default but can be changed by painting it differently maybe?) once stepped on or something (or interacted with like being shot at)
Imagine all the builds possible with this mechanic, imagine you walking into a dark hall and suddenly a glow starts beneith your feet, starting as a very faint green glow that becomes brighter as you stay on it. Now you can clearly see a golden chest just a little bit before you.

Chlorophyte makes most things in the game special, like homing bullets, boucing arrows, you get the idea! I think the bricks should maybe light up dark areas (green light by default but can be changed by painting it differently maybe?) once stepped on or something (or interacted with like being shot at)
Imagine all the builds possible with this mechanic, imagine you walking into a dark hall and suddenly a glow starts beneith your feet, starting as a very faint green glow that becomes brighter as you stay on it. Now you can clearly see a golden chest just a little bit before you.
That's actually a pretty good idea!
:happy:
Making the blocks "react" to heat would make buildings look "alive" themselves, just as chorophyte does as a "living" ore.

Back
Top Bottom