3DS Chlorophyte farming

MrAnderson113

Terrarian
I have looked everywhere on the guides and over the net and can not find any information. Is Chlorophyte farming possible in the 3ds version
thanks in advance

I don't know about 3DS specifically (don't have it), but in general farming Chlorophyte should be possible.

Try making a cube out of mud (maybe 5x5 or 6x6 blocks in size), then 'seed' it by sticking a Chlorophyte block into it.
This needs to be done deep down in your world (doesn't work on the surface), so start right above the Underworld and work your way up. Also, the Chlorophyte won't grow properly if the cubes are too close to each other.

Thanks my last 2 attempts were done in the underworld I tried with a 6x6 block of mud with a piece of chlorophyte ore in the middle and while i waited for it to seed i fought all 3 mechanical bosses (so over 3 different nights just to let the time go by but nothing happened to the block i seeded so I thought maybe 3ds did not have it available) i might try again in another hardmode world

That sounds to me like there might be a bug. Chlorophyte grows pretty quickly so something should have happened after 3 days. You could try waiting a bit more but if nothing happens after say a week ingame, you should probably try posting about this in the 3DS BUGS thread. Perhaps someone there knows something.

Also, it seems the next update should be out in about a week.

I can't get it to spread in the underworld either, it needs to be a bit higher from my experience but it does grow, rather than make farms vertical from each other I went horizontal.
WVW69i1MmhcMCb9mRr

I have farms going down the tunnel every 2-3 screens.

Last edited:
I have looked everywhere on the guides and over the net and can not find any information. Is Chlorophyte farming possible in the 3ds version
thanks in advance

I've been able to do it but it's much slower than it is in the PC version. I was just able to finally make a set of turtle armor today after several weeks of trying to farm it.

That sounds to me like there might be a bug. Chlorophyte grows pretty quickly so something should have happened after 3 days. You could try waiting a bit more but if nothing happens after say a week ingame, you should probably try posting about this in the 3DS BUGS thread. Perhaps someone there knows something.

Agreed.

Gone Hardmode, killed all 3 Mech Bosses, killed Plantera, post patch created world... Chlorophyte is super rare, can't find amount to make 1 bar ATM. My original world I farmed the heck out of it and its all gone. Really sucks I cant make my Turtle armor set cause of this. Also, it would be nice to make ammo too for boss fights but I'm not even trying for that yet.

Gone Hardmode, killed all 3 Mech Bosses, killed Plantera, post patch created world... Chlorophyte is super rare, can't find amount to make 1 bar ATM. My original world I farmed the heck out of it and its all gone. Really sucks I cant make my Turtle armor set cause of this. Also, it would be nice to make ammo too for boss fights but I'm not even trying for that yet.
Why not seed your original world then?

OK, I will try creating another world and see how it goes, just a little annoying getting to the point when its suppose to grow. Kill 3 Mech Bosses and Plantera, then it starts right?

I search the deepest parts of the jungle with very little ore to be had.

Also, to change subjects, anyone else getting very slow save times on the 3DS, mine can takes over several minutes.

I already saw Chlorophyte prior to killing Plantera, but after the three mech guys. The long save times appear to be normal, unfortunately. Sometimes it only takes a few seconds, sometimes it literally takes several minutes. Highly annoying.

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I saw a small bit of chloro after defeating one mechanical boss. It's definitely available before you battle plantera, though.

I think this world is bugged, will make another tonight and see if my luck changes. Turtle armor will be mine (one day)!!

I tried doing so, but it didn't grow after 5 in-game days?
Did you try at different depths? Also waiting 5 in-game days might be a bit on the short side for 3ds.
Other people in this thread seems to have had better luck. Underworld doesn't seem to work though, like it does on other platforms.

Why not? It's still a nice portable gaming device with a decent battery life. Then there's Ocram...

Why not? It's still a nice portable gaming device with a decent battery life. Then there's Ocram...
[/QU
Well, it has ocram, but Xbox 360 is much better. I mean it isn't portable, but Xbox 360 is the better old-gen console system for Terraria. *Leaves living room to think about what I just typed* *comes back* SWITCH IS BETTER

Back
Top Bottom