Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Summoner

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Other/Mixed

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

Cjjedik

Plantera
At some point soon(ish?) I plan on taking on expert mode on the Xbox one version, with a new character and world. I usually pick a specific class and use only that class's armor and weapons throughout the playthrough. For example, I'm currently playing as a mage, so I have a variety of magic weapons like the magnet sphere, the toxic flask, and the leafblower, and I'm using spectre armor. However, in this case I'm also using a summon on the side. I have a good amount of experience in the game, having playing mixed class in 1.1 on the 360 (before I knew there were classes), melee in 1.2 on the same system, my current playthrough as stated above, and more that I can't remember~:confused:.

For my expert mode playthrough, my current idea is to play as a summoner and use ranged weapons as my primary on top of my minions, as I've never used either class and I want to try ranged weapons. For example, something like bee armor, wasp/imp staff, molten fury and a boomstick could be a late pre-hardmode setup.

My question for you is, what class do you think I should use? I am open to possibly playing differently than I usually do, but that depends on someone convincing me ;)

Thanks for reading (And suggesting :gslime:)

Ranger is a lot of fun, imo. You can pair it with summoner if you want, especially since summons are intended to be used along with normal weapons, rather than replace them.

Thanks, I might try that. I have really liked the looks of the ranged weapons I've seen in my playthroughs, so it's likely I will use them in some fashion.

Btw do you have a preference as to the type of ranged that you use? As in bows, guns etc.?

Thanks, I might try that. I have really liked the looks of the ranged weapons I've seen in my playthroughs, so it's likely I will use them in some fashion.

Btw do you have a preference as to the type of ranged that you use? As in bows, guns etc.?

Personally I prefer guns because the endgame weapons are great. My favorites through an entire playthrough would be the minishark line, the onyx blaster, and the piranha gun.

When I do a playthrough, I'll have 1-2 minions but still play as a class. None of my gear is summoner, but it doesn't hurt to summon a non-peircing minion on the side.

I play melee, with summon weapons. I call it "Assisted Melee", because the minions help me fight. :naughty: :dryadnaughty:

IIRC That’s what I’ve used in some of my more recent play throughs, all pre console 1.3.

Personally, I use melee, recently with summons and I have been using mixed for Wall of Flesh and hardmode boss fights.

My first time playing the game I kinda defaulted to melee armor due to its high defense, but used whatever weapons I thought were cool. Once I realized class play throughs were a thing I just started using full melee and have been until my two most recent characters.

When I do a playthrough, I'll have 1-2 minions but still play as a class. None of my gear is summoner, but it doesn't hurt to summon a non-peircing minion on the side.

Indeed, that’s basically what I’ve been doing as well since I read about it here :happy:
Btw are non-piercing minions a minority or majority overall? So far I’ve just used whichever minion I had on hand/the best I could get at the time, but I didn’t think of the piercing damage frames.

I usually played ranged, with a single minion (to kill monsters while I build) and a back up melee weapon(Because why not?)

Back
Top Bottom