Portfolio/Multi-Topic Choose Starting Class

Rilazy

Terrarian
I think it would be nice to choose a class for your characters when they are created. I don't think it would be good to be forced to choose one, it would just be an optional thing. Basically, the different classes would receive a permanent minor buff to they're chosen classes damage type, and a permanent minor debuff to every other damage type, as well as start out with they're own classes weapon instead of always starting with a copper sword. For example, Mage class would:
  • Start with a wand of sparking
  • Have an extra 20 max starting mana
  • Receive small boost to magic damage
  • Have a small reduction in amount of mana used by attacks
  • Receive a small reduction in all non-magic types of damage
If someone doesn't want to pick a class, there would be an option to not pick one and be an all round character, probably best for new players since they don't usually know what class they like best yet.

I think it would be nice to choose a class for your characters when they are created. I don't think it would be good to be forced to choose one, it would just be an optional thing. Basically, the different classes would receive a permanent minor buff to they're chosen classes damage type, and a permanent minor debuff to every other damage type, as well as start out with they're own classes weapon instead of always starting with a copper sword. For example, Mage class would:
  • Start with a wand of sparking
  • Have an extra 20 max starting mana
  • Receive small boost to magic damage
  • Have a small reduction in amount of mana used by attacks
  • Receive a small reduction in all non-magic types of damage
If someone doesn't want to pick a class, there would be an option to not pick one and be an all round character, probably best for new players since they don't usually know what class they like best yet.
I feel like that'd be more suitable for a mod.

I feel like that'd be more suitable for a mod.
I'd agree, but the problem with mods is that it's hard to integrate multiplayer, plus some of my freinds aren't comfortable installing mods, so it would be way more convenient if it was an official feature.

<3. This is good. Maybe after the feature is added (hopefully),the Summoner Class would get more attention since the starter staff (Slime Staff) is rare and that's the reason not to use it as their class. I support this idea thouh.

The thing is, probably the biggest challenge of doing a class playthrough, is starting out. I don't really like this idea, as people tend to change a lot, people might think, "Hey, i'll be a mage." then in hard mode realize it's too hard for them to play as a mage. It's kindof uneeded as you can simply just choose easily by just following a set of rules. The buffs too would ruin the game, making it easier. It may be a small buff, but it's much stronger than you think. I wouldn't like this in the game, would just clog things up a bit.

The other fun thing about starting a class playthrough is also trying to look for your first weapon. Just straight up giving people items is just boring. I understand how slime staff is hard to gain, which is why people just farm for one on another world and then give it to a new character. That's the point of the slime staff or whatever, some are difficult to get early on which makes quite a nice challenge. Also, I know i basically said this in the post i made above, i only really looked at the aspect of the damage buffs, but... Have a look at all the enemies, what do they have in common? When you touch them, you take damage. You're basically nerfing every single enemy in the entire game. And with a non magic reduction, fighting moonlord would be easier than it has to be.

I'd also like to ask about the other classes, what buffs will summoner have or whatever. There's barely any information, you can't miss out a tiny piece of information in suggestions, you have to be obvious with every single thing, what damage, crit % Knockback, speed, auto swing, sprites ( if you can ).
[doublepost=1519594681,1519594536][/doublepost]
I'd agree, but the problem with mods is that it's hard to integrate multiplayer, plus some of my freinds aren't comfortable installing mods, so it would be way more convenient if it was an official feature.
Have a look on youtube, search up Terraria mod playthrough, have a look at the communities... I know for a FACT a lot of people will be keen to download mods.

By the way, sorry i'm posting quite a bit on this, I'm too lazy to edit my posts :/

Back
Top Bottom