Do you support this idea!

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Heck no!

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
I have seen many threads for early summoner armor, but here is my take on it.

Cicada.png

Cicada
5 Health

These cute little things have a 1/5 chance of spawning from trees that you chop down. They also have a 1/200 chance of spawning from natural dirt broken above the depth of 50.

When killed, they drop a cicada husk. Sorry for the bad sprite, cicadas are really weird bugs.

Cicada Husk.png

Cicada Husk
Material
Rarity_color_1_big.png
Rarity

Can be used to craft this.

Cicada_Staff.png

Cicada Staff
5 Damage
Knockback
Rarity_color_1_big.png
Rarity
The cicada staff is a summoner item that can summon a base of 2 cicadas that fly around the player and will attack enemies that get nearby.

Cicada Armor.png

Cicada Armor

Helmet
2 Defense
+1 Minion
Cicada Husk.png
x6
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
x5
Chestplate

3 Defense
15% Minion Damage
Cicada Husk.png
x9
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
x8
Leggings

2 Defense
20% Minion Knockback
Cicada Husk.png
x8
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
x6

Set Bonus : Additional golden cicada, which will pick up items with
Rarity_color_1_big.png
+ rarity, and bring them to the player. They will also bring hearts and stars.

Thank you @DerpoTheMagnificent for the original cicada armor sprite, which I edited.

I hope you all like this idea, and thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Summoners definitely needs a early game weapon that isnt a rare drop. The armor however, feels a little bit too weak. You have to stick with 4 armor until Queen Bee if you are playing summoner. Add something more to the recipe and increase the defense a little.

Summoners definitely needs a early game weapon that isnt a rare drop. The armor however, feels a little bit too weak. You have to stick with 4 armor until Queen Bee if you are playing summoner. Add something more to the recipe and increase the defense a little.
This is suppose to be the earliest armor. He could be planning on making a tier after this, and before bee.

This is suppose to be the earliest armor. He could be planning on making a tier after this, and before bee.

I'll raise the defense by three while making the armor require a little bit of iron or lead.

This kinda makes the Slime Staff obsolete, because the cicadas can fly. I would nerf the Cicada Staff to 3 damage.

Good suggestion though, we do need an another early game summoner weapon. Support.

The cicada armor is a very early summoner set. I like the idea, but I think if this was added, the other classes should get very early armor sets.

The cicada armor is a very early summoner set. I like the idea, but I think if this was added, the other classes should get very early armor sets.
There's actually a very good reason for summoners getting early game armors before melee, ranged, and magic. They're the most equipment reliant of the four. Think for a moment, one more minion slot doubles the damage from minions.

Hmm one tingis that the cicada husk has legs and feelers whereas regular husks are the "shell" but other than that its 9/10. And one question will there be a way to turn of the blue cicada? It might get annoying after a while to some players.

I think this needs more defense, and another minion.
Plus, it should also be easier to gather. Maybe a 1/50 chance of spawning from dirt, and maybe have a certain period where cicadas spawn everywhere.

If we bring the Slime Staff out of the picture, this is a good suggestion overall, because it gives starting players and earlier chance to become a summoner.

(Also, if this suggestion was added to the game, I would classify the Summoner class as an official class, because I view Summoner as a weird, type of side class.)

However, if we bring the Slime Staff into the picture, it just gives the player a reason to set this weapon aside.

(Even though, the rarity of the Slime Staff is so rare, that players wouldn't even bother looking for it.)

EDIT AND ALSO OFF TOPIC: The Cicada armor reminds me of a game I used to play, because the players would look similar to that.

Back
Top Bottom