PC Circuitry causing server error.

***EDIT***
We've abandoned this teleporter after much frustration and attempts at fixing it. The world file is still there if someone would like to try and find a solution, but we are no longer actively seeking to fix this.
***END EDIT***

Me and a couple friends are playing on a server I'm hosting on my PC.
We recently built a modification of this teleport system in the server:

The problem:
The server prompt throws an error at us sometimes when we teleport with it.
"Error on message Terraria.MessageBuffer"
The server also goes up about 500% higher in CPU usage (still only hitting around 25% usage of my i7-4790k) and is making my entire PC stutter (Outside of the clients my mouse will freeze for a moment, monitors will sieze up for a split second, and so on)
After this happens, most of the circuitry it's connected to no longer work or function properly and restarting the server 'sometimes' fixes it.

Last edited:
Me and a couple friends are playing on a server I'm hosting on my PC.
We recently built a modification of this teleport system in the server:

The problem:
The server prompt throws an error at us sometimes when we teleport with it.
"Error on message Terraria.MessageBuffer"
The server also goes up about 500% higher in CPU usage (still only hitting around 25% usage of my i7-4790k) and is making my entire PC stutter (Outside of the clients my mouse will freeze for a moment, monitors will sieze up for a split second, and so on)
After this happens, most of the circuitry it's connected to no longer work or function properly and restarting the server 'sometimes' fixes it.

Post the world file for the developers and other players to confirm this issue if you managed to find a bug within the way the mechanics work to keep up with processing power this may be it. It may not even be your end. Just give us exact step by step on how you did it.

I attached the world file as you asked.

And after a lot more testing, recreating the problem seems to be a bit of an issue in and of itself. The teleport system works just fine for hours sometimes, or I restart the server and it breaks on the first teleport. Sometimes the teleport system doesn't work as intended when we first load the server as well. Feel free to join me on our server if you're interested, can contact me on Discord quite easily: CookiesBeware#3592.

Attachments

• Friendly_Server.wld
    10.6 MB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom