tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used potions to increase defense, endurance, movement speed and regen?

Used Honey pools, campfires and Heart Lanterns to increase regen even more?

Used Sunflower to increase movement speed?

Theres a ton of tricks in vanilla to make Plantera a cakewalk even with only one strong minion I think... still quite hard though!

The special of the soulbound also allows the minion to keep up with Planterra more easily, and you did say you dont use it.

Used potions to increase defense, endurance, movement speed and regen?

Used Honey pools, campfires and Heart Lanterns to increase regen even more?

Used Sunflower to increase movement speed?

Theres a ton of tricks in vanilla to make Plantera a cakewalk even with only one strong minion I think... still quite hard though!

The special of the soulbound also allows the minion to keep up with Planterra more easily, and you did say you dont use it.
I had pretty good potions, no honey or sunflowers, I even had two heart statues. I might just be bad at this game. However, thing is that I'm pretty sure the minion I was using attacks faster with re-summoning than using the ability, which is mainly why I don't use it. If it didn't curse you, it'd be great.

*gets twins and activates ability* Suddenly spazmatizm is dashing 500 mph and retinazer is shooting faster than the speed of light

Is it possible for you to make a buff for the active? not just a debuff when it will be ready again? Sometimes i don't know if i have it activated/how long it lasts!
I'm looking for ways to make it more obvious for the classes that don't have a clear visual effect. For example, planning to add Night Owl to Marksman. Savage already has the bleed effect, and many others the effect is obvious. I'm happy to take suggestions for specific abilities that lack clarity.
I think the savage active needs a big nerf. The damage over time just shreds everything. Maybe decrease the damage a bit so it doesnt make you destroy everything?

and im playing expert mode. I shredded Skeletron to bits and pieces
Yep, damage is probably a little high considering the damage modifiers it also carries. It'll probably see some changes.
Harpy needs a nerf, too... It shreds EoC in Ace battle, unless you want to buff his feathers, which are underpowered... (air one :p)
Any of the flyers will have an advantage in boss fights early on, for sure. I think they're pretty balanced as their stat gains and actives tend to be weaker, such that they fall off late game with mobility becoming easy to achieve for the other classes.
So, I kinda cheated against Plantera. I was having way to much trouble with her, so I cheated in a stardust dragon staff and stardust armor. It's possible to beat her, but I didn't want to try ten thousand more times to beat her, so yeah. I'm in Expert Mode, so that obviously effected it. If you were in Normal Mode, it wouldn't be too bad, I figure.
Plantera is probably the hardest part of the game for vanilla summoners, too, since there's no armor up to the task. We'll see how the rest of the game plays out before I consider balance changes.

Plantera is probably the hardest part of the game for vanilla summoners, too, since there's no armor up to the task. We'll see how the rest of the game plays out before I consider balance changes.
Parts before Plantera were fine in balance, and since you can always use different strategies then I used, it probably is fine balance wise.

When I read the OP, it seems impossible to script this to me. But you did it. And I must say, this is the best thing since the development of toasters.

You can spam Quick heal(needs to be set) button in this mod, and heal yourself till no potions without time limits.
You're going to need to be more specific than this. When you're talking about the "Quick Heal" button, are you referring to the vanilla quick heal? When you set this hotkey, is it under vanilla controls or mod controls? Do you need potions in your inventory to make this work?

Bug report incoming, bug report incoming!

Sphere Staff doesn't work. Probably similar problem as before.

Temple Key, weirdly, won't work. Had to cheat in a Picksaw to mine through the blocks to get in.

Now for non bug stuff, yay!

Scourge of the Corruptor is amazing. No longer do I need anything else. I beat Plantera, the boss I was having so much trouble with before, without buffs. Soulbound would be so much easier if you were to put in the time to get weapons, which I haven't been.

No further notes to report!

Bug report incoming, bug report incoming!

Sphere Staff doesn't work. Probably similar problem as before.

Temple Key, weirdly, won't work. Had to cheat in a Picksaw to mine through the blocks to get in.

Now for non bug stuff, yay!

Scourge of the Corruptor is amazing. No longer do I need anything else. I beat Plantera, the boss I was having so much trouble with before, without buffs. Soulbound would be so much easier if you were to put in the time to get weapons, which I haven't been.

No further notes to report!

The Temple key thing is fixed in the latest tmodloader 0.8.1.2

pretty major bug here, i've found that you can't level at all in multiplayer, i've tried the same exact situations in single player and multi, it just doesn't register kills or something if you're on a server, whether you're the host or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom