tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Known bug.

Solution:

Use a cheat mod to spawn in the two debugging tools provided by this mod. One will show your current stats (use without armor or accesories). The other will give you levels equal to the number of bosses killed within that world.

ah thanks, wouldn't have known about cheat items without outside prompt.

Edit: i suppose i mean debug items, but cheat works as well?

They are debug items until he can fix the multiplayer error. But if you being a new character into a world where all bosses are defeated, it can be considered a cheat item i guess

Known bug.

Solution:

Use a cheat mod to spawn in the two debugging tools provided by this mod. One will show your current stats (use without armor or accesories). The other will give you levels equal to the number of bosses killed within that world.

How are these debug items called? Can't seem to find em in the Cheat Sheet.

How are these debug items called? Can't seem to find em in the Cheat Sheet.
Forgotten Journal Page is the debug item in question, which levels the player based on the bosses killed in that world. The Character Info Sheet, the other item, isn't so much a debug item as an informational item with some debug uses. Every new character starts with one.

The day before I left for vacation, I'm pretty sure I solved the multiplayer leveling issue with some custom net messages. I just haven't had any time to test the current build, and I don't want to release something broken without realizing it.

I am having problems with the LEVEL UP mechanic not working. My friend and I started a playthrough with this mod installed but neither of us are leveling up from killing bosses. Even if I go into a singleplayer world afterwards, and kill a boss, I do not level up. Bug? Got any tips for a fix?

Otherwise great mod! (Dragoon active = much fun) :cool:

I am having problems with the LEVEL UP mechanic not working. My friend and I started a playthrough with this mod installed but neither of us are leveling up from killing bosses. Even if I go into a singleplayer world afterwards, and kill a boss, I do not level up. Bug? Got any tips for a fix?

Otherwise great mod! (Dragoon active = much fun) :cool:
For now, cheat in a Forgotten Journal Page (or make a new character and craft it out of the blank contract), which will give your character levels for the bosses killed in whatever world you're in. Get a Character Info Sheet the same way to make sure everything is as it should be.

I think I've fixed the issue, but I haven't been able to make sure the current build is functional. I'll be back home in a couple days, and hopefully the update will be wrapped up then.

Couple of new class ideas.

Spaceman/Astronaut/Voyour de Space/etc...

A class with two main points.
1- permanent featherfall effect, simulating low gravity conditions.
2- massive reduction to the mana cost of magic guns (AKA: Laser Riffle, Heat Ray, Laser Machinegun, Charged Blaster, Space Gun, etc...)

Weaknesses include a reduction in damage, no increase to magic damage, and maneurability problems for those unadjusted to moving with featherfall.

Starting Items: SpaceGun?, Gravity Globe

Special: Gravity control, magic gun special attack, summon meteor strike.

Diviner/Clairvoyant/Seer/etc...

A special type of magic class that starts with a Magic Crystal. Her special revolves around the player having the Clairvoyant buff from the Crystal Ball.

The effect gives her a chance to dodge attacks and increased crit hits for a duration of time, but only while having the Clairvoyant buff.

Starting Items: Crystal Ball
[doublepost=1466573955,1466573712][/doublepost]Oh, right...

How about color-coding the class contracts? The number will keep increasing in the future, making it a bit annoying to find a particular class contract to craft when they all look the same...

Maybe adding a class Logo on the contract if color coding is too dificult?

This mod NEEDS a way to craft the blank journal page. Between sometimes needing the Forgotten Journal sometimes playing online with friends, and then to get the character sheet that some of us never got, and then one or two times we played a class and became underwhelmed by it (like the Cavalry), therefore needing a Void page.

Speaking of Cavalry, since it's active scales with melee damage, why have the others with it, instead of giving it a 5% only to Melee? Also, I was disappointing that for a class built around mounts, it's mounts were the exact same as the others. Could it have jump height (flight time for things like the bee) and/or move speed buffs? The movement speed in particular was odd since it's active is all about momentum also.

If its a helmet, easy since thats how the invisibility potion worked before i guess... Dullahan? Headless Horseman?

This mod NEEDS a way to craft the blank journal page. Between sometimes needing the Forgotten Journal sometimes playing online with friends, and then to get the character sheet that some of us never got, and then one or two times we played a class and became underwhelmed by it (like the Cavalry), therefore needing a Void page.

I really second this.

Update up, pretty sure multiplayer leveling is fixed. Also made some small adjustments to how the Info Sheet displays stats, and added a recipe for crafting it out of a dirt block.
Couple of new class ideas.

Spaceman/Astronaut/Voyour de Space/etc...

A class with two main points.
1- permanent featherfall effect, simulating low gravity conditions.
2- massive reduction to the mana cost of magic guns (AKA: Laser Riffle, Heat Ray, Laser Machinegun, Charged Blaster, Space Gun, etc...)

Weaknesses include a reduction in damage, no increase to magic damage, and maneurability problems for those unadjusted to moving with featherfall.

Starting Items: SpaceGun?, Gravity Globe

Special: Gravity control, magic gun special attack, summon meteor strike.

Diviner/Clairvoyant/Seer/etc...

A special type of magic class that starts with a Magic Crystal. Her special revolves around the player having the Clairvoyant buff from the Crystal Ball.

The effect gives her a chance to dodge attacks and increased crit hits for a duration of time, but only while having the Clairvoyant buff.

Starting Items: Crystal Ball
[doublepost=1466573955,1466573712][/doublepost]Oh, right...

How about color-coding the class contracts? The number will keep increasing in the future, making it a bit annoying to find a particular class contract to craft when they all look the same...

Maybe adding a class Logo on the contract if color coding is too dificult?
Solid class ideas, though nothing super inspiring.

I don't know if I like the idea of color coding (only a few colors work for the text, and different colored parchment would be hard to make look good), and there's not much room for an emblem/logo if there's to be any text on the page (it is a contract, after all). I agree that it's a little awkward with them all sharing a sprite, but I'm not sure the alternative is much better.

Speaking of Cavalry, since it's active scales with melee damage, why have the others with it, instead of giving it a 5% only to Melee? Also, I was disappointing that for a class built around mounts, it's mounts were the exact same as the others. Could it have jump height (flight time for things like the bee) and/or move speed buffs? The movement speed in particular was odd since it's active is all about momentum also.
I simply don't agree that the Void Contract and Forgotten Journal Page should have accessible recipes (now that MP leveling is fixed). Choosing a class is a commitment, and I don't want to make it easy to change classes. Debug items with significant impact should require a deliberate process to get access to, either via cheats or by creating a new character to deposit them in a chest.

The Cavalry active scales with melee damage because it doesn't make sense for a charge attack like that to scale with anything else. Unfortunately, parameters for vanilla mounts are pretty much under lock and key, so to speak. I would have changed them to allow for enhanced mobility and other effects if I could.

Hey, how possible would it be to make the player model headless upon using an item?
Easy enough to make the player completely invisible, not sure about keeping the game from drawing the head at all.

Easy enough to make the player completely invisible, not sure about keeping the game from drawing the head at all.
If it is possible, you could make a headless sorta class, where you have no head, therefore being shorter a block, and you could make helmets either un-equipable or completely useless, therefore removing set bonus and the armor a helmet provides, but you get a benefit of being smaller, therefore, in theorem at least, making it less likely for you to be hit.

Then... how about adding a simple additional material to various contracts such as wood, stone, clay, mud and dirt to divide the available contracts and make it easier to browse in the crafting panel?

I tried to keep those two ideas simple yet unique. Still, if inspiring is what you need I might come up with a couple other ones later.

`;)

Here I go...
:zombie:

Treant Class

A class specialized in plant life. Basic stats are mostly lowered with abnormal regenerstion.

A special ability to increase the yield of wood, herbs and seeds when harvesting plants.

Special ability summons plant bulbs to the location which bloom and release spores. The effect of the spores and the number of bulbs summoned increase with progression.

Starting items: Staff of Regrowth

Collector Class

A class specialized in the collection of critters with the bug net.

He has a unique ability that changes all spawns in the area to passive mobs for a limited time, allowing the player to simply go around capturing critters all day and night.

Due to the total passive nature of the class, the special effect should be without cooldown.

Alternatively, having the town npc effect wherever the player is located is an alternatively. In which case the Special can be an attack that strengthens with the number of critters in your inventory or piggy bank if you can manage to see how the shops detect money in that inventory.

Vulcan Class

A class tailored to the heat of lava. It gains bonuses when on lava and in the underworld, but has inmense demerits during rain, in snow biomes as well as taking increased drowning damage in water just by being in contact with water.

An interesting option is making him recover health when burnt instead of taking damage.

His special ability launches a lava bomb towards the cursor that deals masdive damage and drops a block of lava upon colliding.

Racial Hunter Classes

These are a group of classes with bonuses tailored to defeat particular kinds of enemies.

Types of enemies may include: Undead, Beast, Evil, Insect, Plant, Inorganic, etc...

Examples of such taylored skills are:
A special that stops flying enemies in place for a few seconds or brings them down to the ground.
A special that temporarily dtops enemy defense to zero.
A special that prevents projectile attacks.
Etc...

Due to the innate specialization of such classes, they are meant to be used in coordination with other players/classes to cover weaknesses.

Titan/Gigant Class

A class that is based on the special once again. The special transforms the player into a giant roughly the size of an Ice Golem and allow the player to deal large contact damage to enemies. However, it disables all weapons and tools during the effect and even afterwards. The player can still use Potions though.

While in effect, Boss-like stats with increased effect with progression.

This class is for those who want to brute force their way through the game as well as for multiplayer war strategies.

Connosour/Glutton Class

A code heavy class. Replaces health bar with a Yellow Hunger bar.

Taking damage will increase the Hunger bar depending on the damage taken. Hunger bar also increases at a definite rate (1 per 30 sec). If Hunger Bar reaches max, the player dies of Hunger.

Drinking Potions and eating food greatly lower the Hunger Bar. On the other hand, killing an enemy slightly lowers hunger (ate the enemy).

Max Hunger increases with progression, Life Crystals and Life Fruits will have no effect on the player.

Special can be something that allows him to gain power to fight bosses, but massively increases Hunger Rate to 1 per second. Effect and cost increasing with progression as well.

A survival-styled class with every day being a fight for food and survival. For the hardcore.

Juggler Class

A class that seeks a bit of randomness. Usually, the class is full of negatives to everything. However once the ability is activated, all damage types increase by quite an ammount!

The catch? Every time you click your mouse and the character completes an action, the held item in the hotbar switches randomly!

By this I mean you could be shooting with a crossbow on 7, and switch to swinging a sword on 3, then launch a spell on 2, shoot a gun on 5, stab with a spear on 9, launch a boomerang on 1, etc...

Quite a fun class to mess around with snd test your luck! Its also an enamoring class for those who use a lot of types of weapons!

Fufufufufu...

Last edited:
I may not be the creator, but I can give my thoughts on these classes.
Treant Class

A class specialized in plant life. Basic stats are mostly lowered with abnormal regenerstion.

A special ability to increase the yield of wood, herbs and seeds when harvesting plants.

Special ability summons plant bulbs to the location which bloom and release spores. The effect of the spores and the number of bulbs summoned increase with progression.

Starting items: Staff of Regrowth
A dryad sorta class, not bad. Maybe another thing it could do is make the staff of regrowth's ability to harvest seeds from plants on plant boxes.
Collector Class

A class specialized in the collection of critters with the bug net.

He has a unique ability that changes all spawns in the area to passive mobs for a limited time, allowing the player to simply go around capturing critters all day and night.

Due to the total passive nature of the class, the special effect should be without cooldown.

Alternatively, having the town npc effect wherever the player is located is an alternatively. In which case the Special can be an attack that strengthens with the number of critters in your inventory or piggy bank if you can manage to see how the shops detect money in that inventory.
I personally wouldn't play a class like this, as one of my favorite things of Terraria is the combat. Still, not bad.
Vulcan Class

A class tailored to the heat of lava. It gains bonuses when on lava and in the underworld, but has inmense demerits during rain, in snow biomes as well as taking increased drowning damage in water just by being in contact with water.

An interesting option is making him recover health when burnt instead of taking damage.

His special ability launches a lava bomb towards the cursor that deals masdive damage and drops a block of lava upon colliding.
Hot class, pun intended. Maybe it could gain slight boosts in sun and sunny desert, with slight decreases in night and night desert. Desert being a bit more with both.
Racial Hunter Classes

These are a group of classes with bonuses tailored to defeat particular kinds of enemies.

Types of enemies may include: Undead, Beast, Evil, Insect, Plant, Inorganic, etc...

Examples of such taylored skills are:
A special that stops flying enemies in place for a few seconds or brings them down to the ground.
A special that temporarily dtops enemy defense to zero.
A special that prevents projectile attacks.
Etc...

Due to the innate specialization of such classes, they are meant to be used in coordination with other players/classes to cover weaknesses.
Not a bad idea, even though, once again, I wouldn't personally play it. Maybe one could be stronger against bosses.
Titan/Gigant Class

A class that is based on the special once again. The special transforms the player into a giant roughly the size of an Ice Golem and allow the player to deal large contact damage to enemies. However, it disables all weapons and tools during the effect and even afterwards. The player can still use Potions though.

While in effect, Boss-like stats with increased effect with progression.

This class is for those who want to brute force their way through the game as well as for multiplayer war strategies.
I want this, but I don't think it's possible. You'd need animation frames of an ice golem sized human, and the creator has stated that he can't sprite, and this would be a hard thing to sprite.
Connosour/Glutton Class

A code heavy class. Replaces health bar with a Yellow Hunger bar.

Taking damage will increase the Hunger bar depending on the damage taken. Hunger bar also increases at a definite rate (1 per 30 sec). If Hunger Bar reaches max, the player dies of Hunger.

Drinking Potions and eating food greatly lower the Hunger Bar. On the other hand, killing an enemy slightly lowers hunger (ate the enemy).

Max Hunger increases with progression, Life Crystals and Life Fruits will have no effect on the player.

Special can be something that allows him to gain power to fight bosses, but massively increases Hunger Rate to 1 per second. Effect and cost increasing with progression as well.

A survival-styled class with every day being a fight for food and survival. For the hardcore.
I like the idea, but it sounds kinda, easy. Fish for bass = infinite food. Therefore, never dying. Also, it ruins afk farms.
Juggler Class

A class that seeks a bit of randomness. Usually, the class is full of negatives to everything. However once the ability is activated, all damage types increase by quite an ammount!

The catch? Every time you click your mouse and the character completes an action, the held item in the hotbar switches randomly!

By this I mean you could be shooting with a crossbow on 7, and switch to swinging a sword on 3, then launch a spell on 2, shoot a gun on 5, stab with a spear on 9, launch a boomerang on 1, etc...

Quite a fun class to mess around with snd test your luck! Its also an enamoring class for those who use a lot of types of weapons!
My most likely to play class if it was added, simply for the random things. Maybe rarely it could switch something from your inventory to your hotbar?

Overall, I like the ideas. Their well thought out, and sound pretty good to me.

This mod allows new characters to choose a class at the beginning of the game - you will start with a blank contract which can be crafted into a contract for any class. Choosing a class will have immediate effects on the character's stats and provide some starting gear. The chosen class will also cause certain stats to grow as the character progresses through the game and kills bosses. Classes now have a unique active ability, bound by default to 'Q'.

IMPORTANT: In game, go to Settings>Controls, and then scroll to the bottom. Under Mod Controls, hit the 'return to defaults' button or bind the hotkey yourself. There's currently a bug with tModLoader that doesn't set hotkeys by default.

Generally speaking, bosses will provide one of two primary stats for a class. When killing the Wall of Flesh and entering hardmode, the character will double the class' starting stat changes. Killing the EoC, Lunatic Cultist, or Moon Lord will generally grant a small bonus to both primary stats, with the Moon Lord giving a larger bonus. To be clear, you will only see stat growth when killing each boss for the first time, so grinding is not a possibility.

So long as you use weapons and tactics suited to your class, your character will be considerably stronger using this mod, especially later in the game. As such, it might be a good idea to use some mods that add difficulty or to play in expert mode.

V0.3.3.3: Updated to tModloader v0.8.2. Fixed Multiplayer bug where players were not leveling up, added dirt block recipe for Info Sheet and improved readability of stat output.
V0.3.3.1: Added Forgotten Journal Page and Character Info Sheet, fixed major bug where several contracts were assigning multiple classes.
V0.3.3: Added Angler class. More fixes for Demon, fix for knight active knockback.
V.0.3.2.4: Added Void Contract to allow removal of class in case of save/load error.
V.0.3.2.3: Multiplayer fixes for some active abilities that had issues.
V.0.3.2.2: Another Demon hotfix. Also fixed Dragoon not getting jump height.
V.0.3.2.1: Hotfix for Demon active ability issues, hopefully all resolved.
V.0.3.2: Actives for Knight, Sage, Savage, and Contracted Sword added. Dragoon and Chronomancer classes added. Bugfixes including broken Level Up text.
V.0.3.1: Actives for Dwarf, Ranger, and Marksman added. Fixed Pirate's Rum-Drunk buff. Demon's flames now ignore tile collisions for 1/4 second after firing.
V.0.3.0: Added active abilities to many classes, LEVEL UP! text upon killing a boss for the first time.
V.0.2.4: Added Dwarf, Blood Knight, Tainted Elf, Hallow Mage, Pharaoh, and Pirate classes, fixed Explorer mining speed issues.
V.0.2.3.1: Touched up Harpy aerial mobility and fixed angel and demon being able to equip wings.
V.0.2.3: Added Harpy, Angel, and Demon classes.
V.0.2.2: Added Merfolk and Werewolf classes, changed Eplorer starting gear.
V.0.2.1: Added Soulbound, Explorer, and Cavalry classes, fixed Fortress max health.
V.0.2: Added Ninja and Savage classes, updated other classes to include throwing damage in "all other damage."

Starting Items: Iron Broadsword
Choosing this class will grant: 5 defense, +5% melee damage, -10% all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4 defense or +4% melee damage.
Active: Forces his will into the form of a shield for several seconds. The shield angles toward your cursor, damaging enemies based on defense, melee damage, and level, also destroying any hostile projectiles that hit it.
Starting Items: Zombie Arm
Choosing this class will grant: 5% melee speed, crit chance, and damage; -10% all other damage, -20 max mana.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% melee speed or damage.
Active: Enter a blood rage for 20 seconds, taking damage over time but gaining 10% melee crit, a 1.1x multiplier to your melee damage bonus, and 5% melee lifesteal. Damage taken over time is increased with level to compensate for lifesteal.
Starting Items: Full Iron Armor
Choosing this class will grant: 5 defense, 20 max life, 100% thorns, higher chance of being targeted, and -10% to all damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: 4 defense or 20 max life.
Active: Stone self for 4 seconds, gaining massive damage reduction. When you break out of the stone, gain bonus damage for 6 seconds relative to the damage you took while stoned.
Starting Items: Mana Crystal, Amethyst Staff
Choosing this class will grant: +20 max mana, +5% magic damage, + 2 mana regen, and -10% to all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: 20 max mana or +4% magic damage.
Active: Charge a spell by holding the active key, reaching max charge in 2 seconds. Releasing the spell will fire 1-3 stars (based on charge) that scale with magic damage, charge (+66% at max), and level. Casting this spell costs 20 max mana, but the stars can be collected after they collide with a tile. Taking damage while charging will interrupt your concentration, giving you a reduced cooldown before you can attempt to cast again.
Starting Items: Ebonwood Sword
Choosing this class will grant: +5% melee and magic damage, +3 defense, and -20% to all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +3% melee and magic damage or +2 defense.
Active: Cut max mana in half for 10 seconds, adding your magic damage bonus to your melee damage.
Starting Items: Slime Staff
Choosing this class will grant: +5% minion damage, +1 max minion, -10% to all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% minion damage.
Starting Items: Wand of Sparking
Choosing this class will grant: +5% magic and minion damage, -20% to all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% magic or minion damage.
Active: Sacrifice all minions, gaining +10% magic damage each for 8 seconds.
Starting Items: Tungsten Shortsword
Choosing this class will grant: +5% melee and minion damage, -20% to all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% melee or minion damage.
Active: Sends a contracted spirit knight charging forward, knocking enemies back. Enemies may be carried back, struck several times. Each hit reduces enemy defense by 10% permanently (not including bosses).
Starting Items: Flintlock Pistol and 50 musket balls
Choosing this class will grant: +5% ranged and minion damage, -20% to all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% ranged or minion damage.
Active: Miniature portals gather above you over time. Use this ability to activate a portal at your cursor for 10 seconds. Portals shoot toward your cursor when firing a ranged weapon, dealing (40% + minion damage bonus / 5) of the base damage. For each portal active, lose 10% all damage. Maximum number of portals held and rate at which they spawn increase with level.
NOTE: Due to the way the Shoot() hook is set up, not all weapons will be compatible. This will hopefully be fixed in a later version of tModLoader.
Starting Items: Lead bow and 100 flaming arrows
Choosing this class will grant: +5% ranged damage and crit chance
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% ranged crit or damage.
Active: Focus, granting +15% ranged crit chance and gaining a 20% chance to deal double damage when landing a critical strike. If you double your damage, you have another 20% chance to further double it, and so on.
Starting Items: Boreal wood bow with 100 wooden arrows and a Spear.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% melee and ranged damage, +5% move speed and max run speed, -20% to all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +3% ranged and melee damage, or + 3% move speed and max move speed.
Active: Step into another plane as you tune your senses. Enemies cannot hurt you for 5 seconds or until you try to use an item. During this time, you are invisible and can sense enemies and traps.
Starting Items: Iron bow with 100 wooden arrows and a wand of sparking.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% ranged and magic damage, +3 armor penetration, -20% to all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +3% ranged and magic damage, or +2 armor penetration.
Active: Imbues your ranged weapon, causing it to consume 1/3 of your current mana in exchange for great damage when firing. Number of imbued shots and damage bonus scale with level.
NOTE: Due to the way the Shoot() hook is set up, not all weapons will be compatible. This will hopefully be fixed in a later version of tModLoader.
Starting Items: 30 javelins.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% throwing damage and crit, +10% throwing velocity, -10% to all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% throwing damage, +4% throwing crit.
Active: Bleed yourself with a ritual knife, causing thrown weapons for the next 15 seconds to be covered in cursed blood. Enemies hit will, for 4 seconds, deal 20% reduced damage, take 10% more damage, and suffer a damage over time effect that scales with level, thrown damage, and thrown crit. The damage over time stacks up to 3 times, and each hit resets the debuff to 4 seconds.
Starting Items: 100 shuriken.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% melee and throwing damage, +5% throwing velocity, reduced chance of being targeted, -20% to all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% thrown damage and velocity or +4% melee damage.
Active: Throws a shadowy shuriken that marks its target for death. After 5 seconds, the mark activates, dealing 10 + 25% of the damage it took while bearing the mark.
Starting Items: Slime staff.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% minion damage, -10% all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% minion damage.
Special: Minion damage bonus calculated as (1 + .5(max minions - 1)) (minion damage bonus). Can only summon one minion.
Active: Curses the player for 10 seconds. During this time, your minion doubles its speed (and projectile fire rate).
Starting Items: Hook, Mining Helmet, 20 Spelunker glowsticks.
Choosing this class will grant: +1 block placement range, +20% jump speed boost, movement speed, and max run speed, +1 life regen, +60 wing and rocket time, +10% pick speed, -10% all damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +1 block placement range, +1 life regen, +5% jump speed boost; +5% movement speed, and max run speed,+30 wing and rocket time, +5% pick speed.
Active: Teleports the player as if a teleportation potion had been used.
Starting Items: Fuzzy Carrot.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% melee, ranged, and magic damage, +2 defense.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +2% melee, ranged, and magic damage, and +1 defense.
Special: Only gets these bonuses while mounted.
Active: Charges forward, damaging enemies based on horizontal speed. Damage scales with level and melee damage.
Starting Items: Jellyfish necklace.
Choosing this class will grant: +6% melee, ranged, and magic damage, +4 defense, +2 life regen, increased gravity and fallspeed, 30% increased movespeed and max run speed.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +3% melee, ranged, and magic damage, and +1 defense.
Special: Only gets these bonuses while in water or in rain; takes 10% extra damage and has halved regen when not in water.
Active: Calls rain for a few minutes, allowing the player to gain combat bonuses even when out of water. Note that rain will have no effect if you are below the surface.
Starting Items: Shackle.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% melee damage and speed, +2% melee crit, +3 defense, +1 life regen, + 5% movespeed and max run speed.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +2% melee damage and speed, +1 defense, +1% movespeed and max run speed; half of the bosses also grant +1% melee crit.
Special: Turn into a werewolf at night. Only gets these bonuses at night.
Active: Become a werewolf even during the day for 1 minute. When the time expires, melee daage is slightly weakened for 2 minutes.
Starting Items: 50 Rotten Eggs.
Choosing this class will grant: +4% thrown and ranged damage, -10% all other damage, increased handling while flying.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +2.5% thrown and ranged damage, or +5/6 seconds air time, +.6 (~8.5%) max horizontal flight speed, and increased handling while flying.
Special: Has wings with base air time of 2 seconds and base max speed of 7. Only gets bonuses while in the air. Takes 20% extra damage and has 30% reduced movespeed while on the ground.
Active: Fires a spread of feathers. Damage, speed, and number of feathers increases with level. Damage scales with the higher of Ranged and Thrown damage bonus.
Starting Items: Angel Halo.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% minion and magic damage, -10% all other damage, increased handling while flying.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% minion and magic damage, or +.5 seconds air time, +.4 (6.4%) max horizontal flight speed, and increased handling while flying.
Special: Has wings with base air time of 1 second and base max speed of 6.25. Has 10% reduced max health before buffs and equipment.
Active: Shine with holy radiance for 10 seconds, healing yourself and nearby players and damaging nearby enemies over time. Damage, healing, and effect size increase with level. Damage and healing scale with magic damage.
Starting Items: Obsidian Skull.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% melee and magic damage, -10% all other damage, increased handling while flying.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% melee and magic damage, or +.5 seconds air time, +.4 (6.4%) max horizontal flight speed, and increased handling while flying.
Special: Has wings with base air time of 1 second and base max speed of 6.25. Has 20% reduced max mana before buffs and equipment.
Active: Tiny, demonic flames gather near the Demon over time. These flames can be fired toward the cursor, but will also strike enemies they contact while hovering near the player. Damage, max number, and spawn rate of flames scale with level. Damage scales with magic damage.
Starting Items: 30 Bombs, Flare gun, 30 Flares, Ginger beard.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% melee, throwing and ranged damage, +3 defense, +20 max life.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% melee, throwing, and ranged damage, or +2 defense and 20 max life.
Special: Only gets these bonuses when in the Cavern layer. Mines 10% faster.
Active: Take a swig of a hardy Dwarven Stout, granting you your class bonuses for a time even if you aren't underground, but losing some defense. Gain damage and temporary max life if also in the cavern layer. This buff overrides Tipsy.
Starting Items: Shadewood sword, 10 crimson seeds.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% melee damage, +1 life regen, -10% all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +2% melee damage, or +.5 life regen.
Special: Bonuses triple in Crimson, with the added bonus of accelerated natural life regen.
Active: Channels terrible power into a roar that damages and knocks back nearby enemies, spreading crimson. Damage scales with level and melee damage.
Starting Items: Ebonwood bow, 50 unholy arrows, 10 corrupt seeds.
Choosing this class will grant: +2% ranged crit, + 6% ranged* and arrow* damage, -10% all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +1% ranged crit and +3% ranged* and arrow* damage.
Special: Bonuses with an asterisk * are only active in the corruption. Note that ranged and arrow damage scale multiplicatively.
Active: The next arrow fired will be an empowered unholy arrow that deals double damage and corrupts tiles it strikes.
Starting Items: Amethyst staff, 10 hallowed seeds.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% magic damage, +1 mana regen, +1 mana regen*, +2 magic crit*, reduced mana regen delay*, -10% all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +2% magic damage or +1 mana regen.
Special: Bonuses with an asterisk * are only active in the hallow. Other bonuses are tripled in Hallow.
Active: Fires a stream of crystal shards over a brief period that convert tiles struck to Hallow. Damage, speed, and number increase with level.
Starting Items: Pharaoh vanity set, Flying carpet.
Choosing this class will grant: +10% magic damage, +10 max mana*, +15% mana cost, -10% all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +3% magic damage, +4% mana cost, +5 max mana*.
Special: Bonuses with an asterisk * are only active in the desert. Magic damage bonus tripled in desert.
Active: Calls a miniature sandstorm around himself, granting magic damage boost as if he were in the desert. If the ability is used in the desert, magic damage bonus is further multiplied by 1.3x for the duration. Enemies caught in the sandstorm will take magic damage and be knocked back slightly.
Starting Items: Buccaneer vanity set, Flintlock pistol, 24 musket balls.
Choosing this class will grant: +4% melee speed and damage, +4% ranged damage, +10 fishing skill, +6% melee* and bullet* damage, -20% all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +2% melee damage and speed, +4% melee damage*, or +2% ranged damage and +4% bullet damage*.
Special: Bonuses with an asterisk * are only active by the Ocean.
Active: If near the ocean, calls cannon fire to rain down upon the earth. Number and damage of cannonballs scale with level, damage scales with ranged. If too far from the ocean for support, instead drinks a bottle of rum for melee and bullet bonuses (though defense also takes a hit), scaling with level. This buff overrides Tipsy.
Starting Items: Spear.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% melee damage, 1.3x jump speed and max fall speed, 1.1x movespeed and max run speed, -10% all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% melee damage, or 1.15x jump speed and max fall speed, 1.05x movespeed and max run speed.
Special: Deals more melee damage and takes less damage while falling, scaling with velocity. Takes no fall damage.
Active: Charge up a powerful leap, maxing charge at 2 seconds. Jump height scales with level, charge, and jump speed. Bonuses normally gained while falling are significantly increased for this leap, and max fall speed is multiplied by 1.5x.
Starting Items: Gold Watch.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% magic damage, +3 mana regen bonus, - 10% all other damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% magic damage, or + 2 mana regen bonus.
Active: First cast: Tear a gap in time at your location for 10 seconds. 2 seconds must pass before the second cast.
Second cast: Return to the gap in time with a massive explosion, dealing huge damage scaling from magic damage, magic crit, and level. The level scaling of this ability is considerably higher than that of most other abilities. In addition to this damage, any wounds received since tearing the gap in time are healed. No effect if you are already at or above the health you had when tearing the gap.
Starting Items: Angler hat, Reinforced fishing pole, Bug net.
Choosing this class will grant: +10 fishing skill, -10% all damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +5 fishing skill.
Active: Throw a piece of magic shark bait. The enemy hit by the bait will attract a shark, regardless of any nearby water (don't ask how). The shark leaps up, chomping on the enemy (and anything nearby), knocking it up into the air and dealing damage scaling with level and fishing power. This includes current bait and fishing rod in the calculation. The shark deals half damage on the way down.
More niche classes that afford certain styles of play may be added.
Each class will be given an active ability, as many have already.
Download Here
or on the mod browser
I've seen somthing similar to this on terraria online, though not as big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom