tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
After going through the files (big thanks for making this open source), it looks relatively easy to add extra classes. Like a bunch of other people, I was pretty interested in a Thorium bard class. Does anyone know if there would be issues with referencing variables from other mods? Is it perfectly possible for me to just add to the MPlayer.cs with something like:

Code:
else if (bard)
            {
                player.symphonicDamage += .05f;
            }

i would love if you do this!

i would love a sentry and yo-yo class too!

I picked the explorer class but it seems like the teleport only goes to a few select locations in a world, instead of actually random locations. I've teleported to the exact same block in my snow biome 8 or 9 times in my 30 or so uses.

I understand the mod creator despising the idea of being able to change class, but it is kind of ridiculous that you cant craft the blank contract by now.

I came upon this mod while looking for a higher form of D&D-like gameplay features, and while this mod has them, its simply not fair that you cant change a characters class.

To decide which class I want to use, what I would have to do is try the class, test its abilities for myself, and then create a whole new character to try the next class. repeat this tens of times until I have just the basics of what each class is.

Even while doing this I cant see what the class is like late-game after being leveled up. Why in the world can't we change classes? So many of them are underwhelming!

I understand the mod creator despising the idea of being able to change class, but it is kind of ridiculous that you cant craft the blank contract by now.

I came upon this mod while looking for a higher form of D&D-like gameplay features, and while this mod has them, its simply not fair that you cant change a characters class.

To decide which class I want to use, what I would have to do is try the class, test its abilities for myself, and then create a whole new character to try the next class. repeat this tens of times until I have just the basics of what each class is.

Even while doing this I cant see what the class is like late-game after being leveled up. Why in the world can't we change classes? So many of them are underwhelming!
install cheat sheet or hero and give youself the void contract it reset the class you chosen and give you a new blank contract

I screwed up with my filter settings, it's still listed.

Hopefully someone can take over maintaining these old things. They're quite fun.

It seems in multiplayer, this mod may cause other players to appear to teleport/rubberband for classes like Moth and Dragoon, which change movement & jumping. Terraria doesn't appear to anticipate another player's increased jump height, for example, or being able to fly without wings equipped. You can force position updates to be sent to other players with key press/release, like letting go of the jump button or swinging a weapon. However, it can still be jarring.

Edit: It seems most, if not all, active abilities' visual effects don't appear in multiplayer either, even when everyone has the mod. So that's at least Dragoon's glow when charging a jump, Moth's glow from wings, Pharaoh's sand tornado, etc etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom