tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suggestion for a stealthy class. It's a glass cannon and does high damage but dies really easily. Formatted it the same way you do so that it's easier to see.

Assassin:
Starting items: Grappling hook, Tiger climbing gear (Or Tabi, but that might be OP)
Choosing this class will grant: +10% melee, ranged, and throwing damage, +10% move speed, -30% all other damage, -25% life, (-20% armor as well if possible)
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +5% melee, ranged, and throwing damage, or +10% move speed
Special: Deals 30% higher damage while stealthed, but takes 50% more damage from enemies (Or has halved armor, whatever is easier to code)
Active: Gets an invisibility buff that lasts forever until you take damage, with a 2 minute cooldown (Honestly, the cooldown can be lower since taking damage while stealthed has serious consequences for this class)

I tried to make this character be really defined as a glass cannon. It could even go so crazy as to have 200% higher damage while stealthed, but also take 200% damage from enemies. That might be a bit over the limits, but this class is unique in how the stats are distributed instead of what abilities it has so it might work.
I'd consider doing something like this. Numbers would take some tweaking for sure, and I'm not sure if the active is best, but it's a possible starting point.
Uh...everytime i select my class i get 3 of the items...i voided the contract, and then tried to see if that was the bug, went marksman and got 3 lead bows and 300 arrows.
I'm still not sure what's causing this bug. Could you give some context? Was this in multiplayer?
Hey i have an idea for a class
name: Tree Wizard
Stat gain You start off with + 10% magic damage and +20 mana but lose 20% in all other damage.
start item Starting item is a wand of sparking and some wood(maybe 200?)
Special Passive ability While you are in the forest biome you gain an extra 10% magic damage and +3 faster mana regen
Active ABility: You call upon the power of the forest to entangle your opponents in their roots and repeatedly lash out at them (Basically has roots ensare the enemy or trees trap the enemy and repeatedly damages and slows them for maybe 5 seconds at first but then after every boss kill it increases by + 4seconds?) *Acts as the special passive ability while this ability is active*

Would this be possible or not? Ofc the effect wouldnt work on bosses but still?
I could use a forest class, I suppose. Active would be difficult at best and near impossible at worst.

'=' WEll uhh I mean you can change the active if you want to. I was just thinking of Azuma from fairy tails power over nature and stuff and how he could control the trees to bind and damage people. ;-;

'=' WEll uhh I mean you can change the active if you want to. I was just thinking of Azuma from fairy tails power over nature and stuff and how he could control the trees to bind and damage people. ;-;
He also turned into a tree.

Maybe instead it could give Dryads Blessing for a time?
[EDIT] Or an improved Dryads Blessing buff.

And clean corruption-crimson-hallow to normal forest.

upd: maybe add classes for jungle and snow biomes? Shaman or archaeologist in jungle and viking or survivor in snow?

And clean corruption-crimson-hallow to normal forest.

upd: maybe add classes for jungle and snow biomes? Shaman or archaeologist in jungle and viking or survivor in snow?
Viking is on the short list, but I've been having problems coming up with a jungle summoner ability.

This could work. Most interesting part would be having Dryad's Blessing give the forest bonuses no matter where you are, so if you can get the Dryad near a boss fight it could be very useful.

Jungle summoner ability? Erm...

#Poison/venom infliction with minions.
#Auto-Honey effect
#Minions self-destruct to summon a horde of little bees which deal summon damage (the same from the bee gun and beenade)

#Not be slowed on honey (similar to merfolk)

Update up with a couple of very useful items: the Character Info Sheet and the Forgotten Journal Page. The info sheet has been added to starting gear for all new characters, and using it displays a boatload of stats. You're going to want to ensure you've no buffs or equipment before using it so that it gives an accurate reading of your stats. It will tell you your level, what bosses you've killed, and almost all the stats that classes can give bonuses to. To scroll through the text, press enter and use the arrow keys. If you spot any anomalies, first use a void contract and reset with the same class to see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, let me know. Note that damage bonuses are displayed as decimals rather than percentages, and this is normal. It's also common for these values to be slightly off (e.g. .2699995 instead of .27) - don't worry about this. Life regen bonus may not be perfectly precise; the best way to test it is to go into a normal mode world, take a hit, then stand still and use the info sheet. Though the sheet is intended to be used to determine your current class bonuses, it can also be used with your full loadout equipped to see the total bonuses everything gives.

The second item, the Forgotten Journal Page, gives the player any missing levels based on the bosses that have been killed in the current world. Use it to get a fresh character up to speed, or in case of any bugs that cause you to lose levels or not gain the when the boss is killed. This one is crafted from a blank contract, just like the void contract, since it's also a debug item. Both this and the info sheet are not consumed on use. Since bosses don't seem to be giving levels in multiplayer, use this after killing a boss to get the level to register.

Also, a huge bugfix - a number of contracts were assigning both the intended class and Arcane Sniper. I've no idea how long it's been this way. I suggest using the new Character info sheet to detect if you have any armor penetration - it's the only class that gives it - and using a void contract to reset your class to its intended state. Might be a good idea to void and reset regardless to avoid any hidden effects.

Edit:
Jungle summoner ability? Erm...

#Poison/venom infliction with minions.
#Auto-Honey effect
#Minions self-destruct to summon a horde of little bees which deal summon damage (the same from the bee gun and beenade)

#Not be slowed on honey (similar to merfolk)
I love me some debuffs, but that bee idea is pretty cool. Thanks for the ideas.

Nice items. Certainly useful for those who like to see numbers! Never thought of debugging items...

Oh right, how about Cheat-exclusive non-consumable versions of contracts that provide the classes but not the items? This could serve as a way to test out the different classes in different scenarios more easily.

Yes it was multiplayer, me and my friend had the same occurance. Demon gave us 3 skulls, etcetc and interesing enough it only works in multiplayer, i just tested it in single it's working normally.

I keep checking my stats after killing a boss and it says "level 0" and no bosses killed. I'm in multiplayer too.

I keep checking my stats after killing a boss and it says "level 0" and no bosses killed. I'm in multiplayer too.
Bosses don't correctly give levels in multiplayer, for reasons unknown. For now, get your hands on a Forgotten Journal Page and use that whenever a boss is killed.
Then that must mean the other person is stealing your stats/
Not how it works. Bosses won't give levels even if you're the only player on the server.

Bosses don't correctly give levels in multiplayer, for reasons unknown. For now, get your hands on a Forgotten Journal Page and use that whenever a boss is killed.

Not how it works. Bosses won't give levels even if you're the only player on the server.

I did that, it does like a Slow Motion animation and i'm still level 0. Sorry that i forgot to report that too. That's the first thing i did after killing a boss and seeing i'm level 0, still 0.

I did that, it does like a Slow Motion animation and i'm still level 0. Sorry that i forgot to report that too. That's the first thing i did after killing a boss and seeing i'm level 0, still 0.
Man, this is frustrating to deal with. No idea why levels aren't working in MP, but I guess it's probably the same issue for both the item and on boss death. I'll look for other ways to approach this.

It actually worked now, it leveled me up, it gave me 3 levels for the bosses i killed. in the future would it be possible to have "modded" bosses in?

Had to restart terraria for it to work

Last edited:
Awesome mod! I've been having a lot of fun with an expert Harpy playthrough.
I recently beat the Wall of Flesh and noticed that my ground speed got even slower.
Is it intended that the classes' initial handicaps as well as buffs get doubled when the Wall of Flesh is defeated?

Awesome mod! I've been having a lot of fun with an expert Harpy playthrough.
I recently beat the Wall of Flesh and noticed that my ground speed got even slower.
Is it intended that the classes' initial handicaps as well as buffs get doubled when the Wall of Flesh is defeated?
Yep! The idea is that, by that point, you've had more time to get used to your class' limitations (have gear and playstyle adjusted to work with them), so the restrictions become harsher to further cement that playstyle.
It actually worked now, it leveled me up, it gave me 3 levels for the bosses i killed. in the future would it be possible to have "modded" bosses in?

Had to restart terraria for it to work
Hrmm. So, in, the end, the item gave you your levels during a multiplayer session?

So, I'm going through my playthrough rather slow. I'm up to having beaten all mech bosses, and that's bout it. At this point, I haven't actually gotten a secondary weapon I want to use, and am mostly re-summoning the twins summon. Also, little thought, but is it possible that Tiki Armor is stronger then Spooky Armor with Soulbound? It seems like it would be, in theorem. Before plantera, I may do some grinding for keys, and money.

Umm, yeah, that's my report so far with Soulbound. Definitely powerful enough to get through the game, and if your patient it can probably be done in a summoner only. Especially with other mods. The first, and perhaps only, obstacle, is before you get the bee armor. Before that, I was still using other weapons. After, I have just used summoner so far, mainly because I didn't get any weapons of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom