tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm going through my playthrough rather slow. I'm up to having beaten all mech bosses, and that's bout it. At this point, I haven't actually gotten a secondary weapon I want to use, and am mostly re-summoning the twins summon. Also, little thought, but is it possible that Tiki Armor is stronger then Spooky Armor with Soulbound? It seems like it would be, in theorem. Before plantera, I may do some grinding for keys, and money.

Umm, yeah, that's my report so far with Soulbound. Definitely powerful enough to get through the game, and if your patient it can probably be done in a summoner only. Especially with other mods. The first, and perhaps only, obstacle, is before you get the bee armor. Before that, I was still using other weapons. After, I have just used summoner so far, mainly because I didn't get any weapons of interest.
With only Soulbound class bonuses, Tiki is better. Spooky could be better if you had a lot of +max minion bonuses and not so much +minion damage. Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

It actually worked now, it leveled me up, it gave me 3 levels for the bosses i killed. in the future would it be possible to have "modded" bosses in?

Had to restart terraria for it to work
Just realized I didn't reply to your whole post. I've been asked this in the past, and the answer is most likely going to remain "no." To do this, I'd need to identify mod bosses by name and increase the "level cap," so to speak, for each class individually. You'd also have a lot of active abilities get very, very strong as they scale exponentially with level. Suffice to say that the framework of the mod wouldn't well support levels from modded bosses.

Sup. Forgot to write something here. Bloodknight is quite a good class, but the enemies of the Crimson get in the way more times than not... Ive had to use his ability to convert stone/sand/ice into the crimson counterpart and blow them up with bombs (since early picks dont break the rocks) or just a pick for the last two. Then burying 200 of the block underground in the area I want the buff. Otherwise the crimson monsters get in the way...

Would it be possible to make Crimson mobs passive once the Brain of Cthulhu is defeated as a type of "Im the boss now" trope? (Amd by extension the Corruption mobs to the Tainted Elf after Eater of Worlds). I dont expect the hardmode mobs to enter under this effect, naturally.

Oh, by passive I mean like Royal Gel to slimes.

Glowing Mushroom Biome class

Bonuses to melee and ranged, penalty to the rest.

Increased recovered ammount with consumables (healing potions are made with mushrooms). Increased ammount scales with level.

Active ability converts jungle grass into glowing mushroom grass with damaging spores. Alternitively, consumes a certain number of Glowing Mushrooms in inventory to activate passives for a period of time.

Passives only active within a Glowing Mushroom Biome.

Sup. Forgot to write something here. Bloodknight is quite a good class, but the enemies of the Crimson get in the way more times than not... Ive had to use his ability to convert stone/sand/ice into the crimson counterpart and blow them up with bombs (since early picks dont break the rocks) or just a pick for the last two. Then burying 200 of the block underground in the area I want the buff. Otherwise the crimson monsters get in the way...

Would it be possible to make Crimson mobs passive once the Brain of Cthulhu is defeated as a type of "Im the boss now" trope? (Amd by extension the Corruption mobs to the Tainted Elf after Eater of Worlds). I dont expect the hardmode mobs to enter under this effect, naturally.

Oh, by passive I mean like Royal Gel to slimes.

Glowing Mushroom Biome class

Bonuses to melee and ranged, penalty to the rest.

Increased recovered ammount with consumables (healing potions are made with mushrooms). Increased ammount scales with level.

Active ability converts jungle grass into glowing mushroom grass with damaging spores. Alternitively, consumes a certain number of Glowing Mushrooms in inventory to activate passives for a period of time.

Passives only active within a Glowing Mushroom Biome.
Interesting idea with the blood knight, and definitely fitting with the theme. I don't know if I'd go so far as to make them actually behave differently, but I could definitely have vanilla crimson enemies be unable to hit the blood knight after BoC/EoW is defeated. It could even look like they're following you, which might be fun. Could actually lead to some fun emergent PvP gameplay, now that I think about it...

I've got a Truffle class in concept on my short list already. Current idea is ranged with focus on bullet and rocket damage, with the active being a glowing shroom proximity mine which would spread glowing mushroom grass to nearby mud on detonation.
Yeah, i think it even gave my friend the levels without him even using the item as he was confused what the "Level Up" was
I need to follow this thread, because it might lead to a solution for some syncing issues I'm having with Prefixes for Enemies.

I guess if SkullRay is doing some sort of challenge run type thing that's cool. But the thing with the Soulbound is that since minion summons snapshot their stats on cast, there's often little reason to keep traditional summoner armor or accessories on after bringing out your companion, since you're not gonna care about minion count once it's already out, unlike a tradtional summoner. Once your friend is at your side, you can switch to any melee/range/magic loadout and use that playstyle at ~80% effectiveness, while still having a really strong pet.

Yeah, it crosses over into tryhard mode, but it seems the more optimal way to play it isn't to play it like a summoner.

Fair point... Considering the special curses the player, I'd wager that a defensive loadout with Turtle Armor alongside a crowd control weapon such ad Death Scythe or a high knockback weapon such as the Slap Hand would be the most optimal as well.

The increased defense, rebounded damage on enemies, a control weapon and a strong minion to finish foes...

An offensive loadout would be hampered by the 20% reduced damage unless the player uses sentries (though those are unnaffected by the Soulbound's abilities), so it isnt quite as useful as a defensive loadout.

I guess if SkullRay is doing some sort of challenge run type thing that's cool. But the thing with the Soulbound is that since minion summons snapshot their stats on cast, there's often little reason to keep traditional summoner armor or accessories on after bringing out your companion, since you're not gonna care about minion count once it's already out, unlike a tradtional summoner. Once your friend is at your side, you can switch to any melee/range/magic loadout and use that playstyle at ~80% effectiveness, while still having a really strong pet.

Yeah, it crosses over into tryhard mode, but it seems the more optimal way to play it isn't to play it like a summoner.
This is mostly true. But so far, not only have I not gotten a weapon I want to use, except for summons, but re-summoning minions is a useful thing. It increases the damage output they do for a decent amount of minions - Imps, Twins, probably more when I get them. Even with only one, it is still important to keep the summoner armor on. However, about what @NeoPhantom said about the active, I never use it.

How long does Marksman's active last? I'm having a hard time gauging it's duration. I'm also having a hard time noticing its effects. I know they're more subtle bonuses but I it's just difficult to really see any change.

How long does Marksman's active last? I'm having a hard time gauging it's duration. I'm also having a hard time noticing its effects. I know they're more subtle bonuses but I it's just difficult to really see any change.
It lasts 10 seconds. Maybe I should give some other minor effect to indicate it's running? The critical chance is concrete, but you need to be looking at weapon tooltips to see it. Maybe give Night Owl for those 10 seconds?

It may be optimal, but it's definitely an exploit. I'd essentially have to rework how vanilla summon damage is handled to fix this.

It may be optimal, but it's definitely an exploit. I'd essentially have to rework how vanilla summon damage is handled to fix this.

Hehe, I apologize. Won't preach about it anymore.

Just out of curiosity, SkullRay, what would you be using as an alternative to the Twins summon, and how effective would it be comparatively? Seems like resummoning to give it semi-rapid fire could almost be considered an exploit as well, and would explain why the active went unused. How does the class feel using neither trick?

Last edited:
It lasts 10 seconds. Maybe I should give some other minor effect to indicate it's running? The critical chance is concrete, but you need to be looking at weapon tooltips to see it. Maybe give Night Owl for those 10 seconds?

That'd be pretty neat. But yeah, it's just a stat change that you'd only notice if you were to look at the item. It makes it difficult to see and clarity would be a huge amount of help.

Posting to let everyone know I'm going on vacation tomorrow for about a week. Won't be getting in much, if any, work on this or my other projects during that time, but I'll probably still be reading posts while I'm away.

Posting to let everyone know I'm going on vacation tomorrow for about a week. Won't be getting in much, if any, work on this or my other projects during that time, but I'll probably still be reading posts while I'm away.
No worries, have a wonderful time!

May you have a wonderful vacation.

Gambler class
-25% to everything

Special:
Throws a coin, a dice and picks one card.

Coin:
Head = positive effect
Tails = Negative effect

Dice:
Strength of effect (1 to 6)
Number increases with progression.
(X12) (X36) (X64) (X128)

Card: stat affected
Damage, Defense, Movement

Example:
#Tails, 3, Def = Defense Reduced to 1/3 of normal Defense
#Heads, 6, Speed = Speed Increased to 1.6 of normal Speed

Duration is longer depending on Dice result. Cooldown of ability is MUCH longer if Coin result is Tails.

High Risk, High Reward type of class.

Monarch class
Vanity items (crown, cape)
-15% all damage
+1 minion per level

Special: summons a random Town Npc currently in the world to location (King/Queen Statue)
Increased Levels give summoned Npcs additional Defense and Damage upon summon.

A noble with a penchant for commanding others, though not necesarily the best leader...

I've just been wondering if it'd be possible to make the winged classes have vanity wings and capes show properly, not too major, would just be a nice touch.

I'm wandering does this have multiplayer support as when in multiplayer my friend can not see me shoot my demon ball things but can see them on me also he cannot see my fly only bug up and down.

Is it possible for you to make a buff for the active? not just a debuff when it will be ready again? Sometimes i don't know if i have it activated/how long it lasts!

I think the savage active needs a big nerf. The damage over time just shreds everything. Maybe decrease the damage a bit so it doesnt make you destroy everything?

and im playing expert mode. I shredded Skeletron to bits and pieces

So, I kinda cheated against Plantera. I was having way to much trouble with her, so I cheated in a stardust dragon staff and stardust armor. It's possible to beat her, but I didn't want to try ten thousand more times to beat her, so yeah. I'm in Expert Mode, so that obviously effected it. If you were in Normal Mode, it wouldn't be too bad, I figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom