tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started using the updated mod on the newest tModLoader and noticed an issue that I don't think I saw from previous versions.

Upon using the angel contract and then deciding to change (using the void contract) and switching to explorer, I seem to have gained infinite rocket boot flight time (no wings on). When I used another void contract I also used the stat sheet check after voiding and none of my stats had been removed or reset and I still had the infinite flight time.

Not sure if this problem is with any of the classes I tried or if the void contract isn't working properly.

Edit: After Disabling->Loading World->Leaving->Enabling the mod, my flight time is fixed but the rest of my stats (like damage) seems to have been completely screwed up and the active I use is not the current class's active.

Last edited:
Just started using the updated mod on the newest tModLoader and noticed an issue that I don't think I saw from previous versions.

Upon using the angel contract and then deciding to change (using the void contract) and switching to explorer, I seem to have gained infinite rocket boot flight time (no wings on). When I used another void contract I also used the stat sheet check after voiding and none of my stats had been removed or reset and I still had the infinite flight time.

Not sure if this problem is with any of the classes I tried or if the void contract isn't working properly.

Just did some testing myself. Void Contract seems to be working as intended, apart from Explorer's infinite rocket flight. I think there's a problem with the variable used to increase max rocket time - it seems to not reset each tick, as one would expect, instead increasing the max flight time by the intended total amount every tick, resulting in functionally infinite flight time. I'll probably have to just remove that bonus, since it causes problems. Since it's already a pretty weak class, I'll compensate by getting rid of the damage reduction the class is subject to.

Just did some testing myself. Void Contract seems to be working as intended, apart from Explorer's infinite rocket flight. I think there's a problem with the variable used to increase max rocket time - it seems to not reset each tick, as one would expect, instead increasing the max flight time by the intended total amount every tick, resulting in functionally infinite flight time. I'll probably have to just remove that bonus, since it causes problems. Since it's already a pretty weak class, I'll compensate by getting rid of the damage reduction the class is subject to.

I did a quick test to and after picking explorer, i had infinity flight time on my Solar Wings can do more tests when needed.

I don't know if it's come back, or its because of another mod, but the Knight's shield active is always knocking enemies to the right again. Loving the mod otherwise.

How would I be able to download an older version of this mod, my brother is having trouble with it, but I think it is amazing!

I'm assuming your characters only become stronger after defeating vanilla bosses?
Yes. It's more about having you grow stronger as you progress through the game, rather than by simply killing things.
Mods may add more bosses, but unless they're post-moon-guy freaks of nature from Calamity they aren't going to necessarily be *stronger* bosses.

Some more class suggestions.

Forest Spirit / Faerie

Starting Items: Pearlwood Bow and 50 Holy arrows.
Choosing this class will grant: +5% minion, ranged(except gun and rocket) and magic damage, -20% other damage, increased handling while flying.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +2.5% minion, ranged(except gun and rocket) and magic damage, or +.5 seconds air time, +.4 (6.4%) max horizontal flight speed, and increased handling while flying.
Special: Has wings with base air time of 1 second and base max speed of 6.25. Has 10% reduced defense AFTER buffs and equipment.
Active: Emit a dryad like pulse around you, inflicting enemies with dryad's bane and buffing yourself and nearby others with dryad's blessing.

Druid
Starting Items: 3 Potions of Regeneration and 3 Thorns Potions.
Choosing this class will grant: 5% minion damage, 5% magic damage. 5% Increased Potion Duration -25% Throwing Damage.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% minion and magic damage, or + 4% Potion Duration.
Special: Only consumes 75% of the ingredients when brewing potions.
Active: Double your potion effects for 5 seconds and / or apply them to your minions.

Lumberjack
Starting Items: Platinum Axe
Choosing this class will grant: +10% Melee Damage(and +10% Axe damage if possible), +10% Melee Speed, -20% Other Damage, Double Axe Power.
Upon killing a boss for the first time, you will generally get a bonus of: +4% Melee Speed or Damage (or Axe Damage / Axe Power if possible)
Active: Chop down nearby trees and get extra melee damage and movement speed if a tree has been chopped down.

Okay so I like this mod and its fun to play with my friends but i have a question: How do you level up? If it's super obvious I apologize in advance for overlooking it

Hello! I started a new character/world with this mod today, but I noticed I didn't get a blank contract; does anyone know what I can do to get one? This mod is a bit confusing to use, thanks!

As others have stated, some clarification around the leveling system would be nice. Such as, does the character gain in level/experience by killing normal mobs? By only killing bosses the first time? How does one check level considering the ingame item doesn't show it? If you could, this would be rather helpful.

EDIT: I found the level and experience as it showed up in the bottom left of my screen after killing a slime. It might be worth putting the current level and experience value in the Character Info Sheet.

EDIT_EDIT: Excuse me. I now see that it does show in the character sheet when you go into the chat and scroll up. Well, now I just feel stupid. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
@syrus logan @Shyguy @MejasX

The leveling system is described in the OP : "...The chosen class will also cause certain stats to grow as the character progresses through the game and kills bosses." First paragraph

and also: "Generally speaking, bosses will provide one of two primary stats for a class. When killing the Wall of Flesh and entering hardmode, the character will double the class' starting stat changes. Killing the EoC, Lunatic Cultist, or Moon Lord will generally grant a small bonus to both primary stats, with the Moon Lord giving a larger bonus. To be clear, you will only see stat growth when killing each boss for the first time, so grinding is not a possibility." - whole third paragraph...

@dedelac

No, I understood that bit. There's actually what seems to be a leveling system incorporated that sits outside the killing of bosses. Allow me to explain my findings.

As I started and chose a class on a new character and world, I chose the ninja class. Now, as the OP stated each class's statistics and abilities, the ninja class has a damaging ability. When killing a mob, take the common slime for example, when using the ability, a number shows up in the chat. To begin with, it seems to be counting down from 300. This number would continue to decrease on deaths by the ability (for killing with normal weaponry did not reduce the number) for what seems to be an arbitrary amount of time as it often resets if mobs aren't killed within a set amount of time. I can confirm that I do not have any other mods that would use a class based or leveling system. This number would also be visible with the Character Stats item that is received upon character creation in a world.

So while yes, I understand the boss killing system, that was pretty plainly described. I'm curious about this other set of numbers. As I stated before, I do not have any other class or experience/level oriented mod installed. Just skyblock, recipes list, and this mod.

This is a screenshot of me playing as the ninja character with the text anomaly that I'm speaking of. Note, this only happens with the ninja class and killing with its shuriken ability. I tested a couple others and didn't have this happen when killing mobs with damaging abilities. It might only be a bug. I don't know. I just figured I'd post this here so the creator of this mod knows that something is happening and can look into it. I mean, this is why I was confused about the leveling thing in the first place.

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    219.4 KB · Views: 235
Hey:p
Love the mod,but the Wanderer's portal dont work with minishark...rly annoying..could fix it in the next update pls?

Great mod! but i have been playing the chronomancer class and i tried the healing ability multiple times and it seems to not heal the damage i take after i use the active ability.
so could you take a look at that?
Anyway Great mod! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom