tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Disigma

I cannot claim to speak for the mod author but only provide my own experience from playing with the mod. The creator of the mod made it so wings don't take up an accessory slot and so that the classes that use wings also gain flight speed and duration upon leveling up. If I had to guess, I'd say that yes, it is intentional that you can't wear other wings when using that class.

Like I said, I don't know for sure so take this with a grain of salt.

@Hiccup251

All in all I must say I'm loving your mod most of all when it comes to Terraria. Now, I noticed that in your primer page where you discuss each class and particular traits, you said that not all modded summons that use projectiles will be able to benefit from damage enhancements due to no way to detect the projectiles through the coding. Do you have a list of mods that are supported by your summoning classes? Or have you been able to "patch" in any mods as of yet for this particular purpose? I'm just curious before I start a pure summoning run using the Soulbound Class.

@Disigma

I cannot claim to speak for the mod author but only provide my own experience from playing with the mod. The creator of the mod made it so wings don't take up an accessory slot and so that the classes that use wings also gain flight speed and duration upon leveling up. If I had to guess, I'd say that yes, it is intentional that you can't wear other wings when using that class.

Like I said, I don't know for sure so take this with a grain of salt.
Thanks for the reply!

I'm probably just being incredibly stupid but I can't figure out how to get the item needed to choose a class, from looking at the first post I thought I'd get it the first time a character entered a world for the first time but I've made a character and made three different worlds but in each world I've not received any items apart from the usual items you receive in vanilla terraria and from some of the other mods I have installed that give you items when you enter a world for the first time as a character and I've tried killing something in all three worlds and not gotten the item needed do I need to kill a boss for the first time in one of the worlds to get the item or is there some sort of command I can use to spawn the item in? I'd of tested out the killing a boss to get the item idea but I only have one character and said character doesn't have the weapons, armor, items or health to kill a boss yet can anyone help me or tell me what I need to do I'm rather confused and really want to use this mod.

@bob112

Ok, so the item you're looking for is a paper looking thing that I believe is called the Blank Contract. You are supposed to be able to receive it upon making a new character with the mod installed. Make sure you have the mod enabled in your mod list, make a new character with the mod enabled, and then enter a world. I'd recommend a fresh world just to be on the safe side.

If that doesn't work you can try deleting and reinstalling the mod. IF that still doesn't work, there are mods that allow you to freely look through the item list and give your character items for free. I don't know the names of said mods off of the top of my head sadly, you'll have to look around the mod browser.

@bob112

Ok, so the item you're looking for is a paper looking thing that I believe is called the Blank Contract. You are supposed to be able to receive it upon making a new character with the mod installed. Make sure you have the mod enabled in your mod list, make a new character with the mod enabled, and then enter a world. I'd recommend a fresh world just to be on the safe side.

If that doesn't work you can try deleting and reinstalling the mod. IF that still doesn't work, there are mods that allow you to freely look through the item list and give your character items for free. I don't know the names of said mods off of the top of my head sadly, you'll have to look around the mod browser.
Ahh ok that might be the problem then i think i may of made the character before i installed the mod I'll try making a new character and get back to you thank you for the speedy reply

@bob112

No problem man, goodluck with your test! I just happen to frequent this forum thread because this is the one mod that I had been searching for concerning terraria for a long time. I'm just happy to help in any way I can.

hello everyone!. i would like a response on my previous question: why does the chronomancer abilitiy not heal me?
i would appreciate it. :)

@bob112

No problem man, goodluck with your test! I just happen to frequent this forum thread because this is the one mod that I had been searching for concerning terraria for a long time. I'm just happy to help in any way I can.
Just made a new character and entered one of my worlds and i got the blank contract and the character sheet Thanks for your help!

@bob112 Good!

@Supronius

Unfortunately for your scenario I'm not sure at all as to what is going on. I have yet to test the class, though I might do so at some point today to see if it happens for me or not. As long as you're taking the damage after making the return point with the first effect of the active, then teleporting back to it with the second effect, it should work. Dunno, it could be a bug. As I said, I'll try to test it sometime today and try to get back with you on that. This way we can know if it's a bug or not.

@Supronius
Ok, so I can confirm that the Chronomancer class is not healing the player correctly when attempting to teleport back to the point designated by the ability. The damage works fine, but the healing is not.

There's a bit of a bug with the Old One's Army. I've only tested it with the Conjurer's ability, but the crystal turret that it spawns will damage the Etherian Crystal, and if the turret is too close the portals, it will despawn them, breaking the event. It would help to fix this, thank you!

Okay, so the mod doesn't work properly for me.
I get the contract item, the initial class bonuses and I can use class abilities.
But it doesn't level up upon killing bosses. Tried in multi- and single-player.
Is there a specific recommended tModLoader version for this? I'm using 0.9.1

Great mod!!! But... I chose a class demon and can't wear other wings! Is this designed so?

It is designed so, yes.

@Hiccup251

All in all I must say I'm loving your mod most of all when it comes to Terraria. Now, I noticed that in your primer page where you discuss each class and particular traits, you said that not all modded summons that use projectiles will be able to benefit from damage enhancements due to no way to detect the projectiles through the coding. Do you have a list of mods that are supported by your summoning classes? Or have you been able to "patch" in any mods as of yet for this particular purpose? I'm just curious before I start a pure summoning run using the Soulbound Class.

Unfortunately, I haven't received any lists from any mods that would be affected, so there currently is no support. Only melee minions will receive the damage increase, unless the projectiles fired by the minions are also classified as "minion." They aren't in vanilla, so I don't expect many mod authors made it that way.

hello everyone!. i would like a response on my previous question: why does the chronomancer abilitiy not heal me?
i would appreciate it. :)

I think I messed something up in the healing code when I added multiplayer support. Is your issue in single or multiplayer?

Okay, so the mod doesn't work properly for me.
I get the contract item, the initial class bonuses and I can use class abilities.
But it doesn't level up upon killing bosses. Tried in multi- and single-player.
Is there a specific recommended tModLoader version for this? I'm using 0.9.1

It's built for v0.9.0.2, but there shouldn't be any issue using a more recent version. Be aware that you only gain levels for killing vanilla bosses. If they aren't doing anything, use Cheat Sheet or some similar mod to get yourself a Forgotten Journal Page, which will give you levels based on the bosses killed in your current world.

It is designed so, yes.

Unfortunately, I haven't received any lists from any mods that would be affected, so there currently is no support. Only melee minions will receive the damage increase, unless the projectiles fired by the minions are also classified as "minion." They aren't in vanilla, so I don't expect many mod authors made it that way.

I think I messed something up in the healing code when I added multiplayer support. Is your issue in single or multiplayer?

It's built for v0.9.0.2, but there shouldn't be any issue using a more recent version. Be aware that you only gain levels for killing vanilla bosses. If they aren't doing anything, use Cheat Sheet or some similar mod to get yourself a Forgotten Journal Page, which will give you levels based on the bosses killed in your current world.
The healing problem is in singleplayer.

For Explorer class, since I didn't see an "or" in its description, I suppose it gains all of "+1 block placement range, +1 life regen, +5% jump speed boost; +5% movement speed, and max run speed, +30 wing time, +5% pick speed" every time when it levels up?

@Hiccup251

I just had a random idea. What about a Djinn Class? There's an applicable item inside of hardmode already that could be used like you have the halo for the angel class.

It could be a form of magical class that causes enemies to be frozen or take frost damage with a(n) wave like ability.
Gains mana, regen, or magic damage upon leveling up. 10% reduced damage for the other damage types.
Special could be a sort of mana absorption that gains a percentage of mana back based on damage taken.
Starts with 90 hp or something.
Just kind of spit-balling here.

I also had a random idea where there could be a class that utilizes the mana bar as form of "shield" that gets depleted before health is detracted by damage.
I'm not really sure on any of the other details but maybe it's something you can use in the future ^.^

If I come up with anything else that you may or may not find interesting, I'll post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom