tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the RPG class mod! I like this mod's simplicity, short and sweet, and also rewards killing bosses, at least for the first time(s).

Hello, great mod at all aspects, i should tell you.

However i found a little bug, the active ability of the conjurer, the stationary crystal, does damage to the portals of the Old's One Army event, killing them and making impossible to complete.

A series of class requests id like to toss your way, if possible I would love to see them one day. I love your work so far.

Class 1: Evoker

Playstyle: Even more risk, for higher reward.

This class has -20% max health before items and loses the ability to regenerate health over time (even when well fed), but gets +5% magic damage and +5% magic crit chance. Gets +5% more damage and +0.20% bonus magic lifesteal per boss it defeats. It gets -10% damage with all other damage types.

Passive Power: 1% of all magic damage dealt is returned as healing.

Active Power: For the next 30 seconds, you lose 2% of your health per second, but you gain double this classes magic damage for the duration. Cooldown: 1 minute.

Class 2: Frost Knight

Playstyle: Biome class, Battlefield control tank.

This class gains +5% melee damage, +5% magic damage, +2 Defense, +1 mana regen*, reduced mana regen delay*, and has increased threat at the cost of -20% all other damage. Defeating a boss grants it an additional +1% melee damage, +1% magic damage, +1 defense and +1 mana regen*.

Special: Bonuses with an asterisk * are only active in the frozen biome. Other bonuses are tripled in the frozen biome.

Passive Power: All nearby enemies are afflicted with the Chilled debuff. 25% of all damage taken goes to mana first, instead of health. Enemies who you strike, or strike you are afflicted by Frost Burn for 5 seconds.

Active Power: You surge with with the might of an avalanche, dashing in a direction towards your cursor with explosive force, dealing a large amount of damage with a massive knockback, that gains a bonus equal to your combined melee damage and magic damage bonuses (and critical chances). Enemies damaged by this ability gain the Broken Armor and Frozen Conditions for the next 5 seconds. This ability costs 50 mana, and has a cooldown of 45 seconds. Some blocks within this abilities area (mostly dirt, stone, etc), are converted to snow and ice blocks.

Class 3: Lucky

Playstyle: Debuffer/RNGesus follower.

This class gains +20% crit chance with all attacks and a 20% dodge chance However, it also receives a -50% penalty to all damage types and to all defense gained. Defeating a boss increases the critical and dodge chance by 2%.

Passive Power: Upon damaging an opponent with a critical hit or dodging an opponents attack, you apply a random debuff (Besides midas touch) on them for 5 seconds. You always apply Midas Touch to all enemies you damage.

Active Power: For 10 seconds, you gain the ability to "overcrit". Every time you would deal a critical hit, the attack attempts to roll for another critical hit, as if your critical hit chance was 10% lower then it actually was for every critical check beyond the first. This applies multiple debuffs on targets you critical hit for each successful critical confirmed, in addition to multiplying the damage of the attack multiple times. Cooldown: 30 seconds.

Alright, I 'ave ta ask, when are ya gonna add more classes? As I've been waitin fer em, and none fer a while, what's the hold up?

Hey, Can we get some sorta "Outcast" Class? Something that doesnt gain or lose damage types, but gains benefits towards survivability and mobility?

Could ya tell us when new classes are goin ta be added? As Ah've been waitin fer a good chunk 'o time fer new ones, and none yet, what the buck is the hold up?

So I didn't read through the 36 pages of posts so it may've been said somewhere in there, but how do I check my level/level up? is killing bosses the ONLY way to advance?

I get an error after updating both tmodloader and this mod.
The error message is:

捕获.JPG

I'm not sure if I am just missing something, but I just updated modloader and this mod and now I can't play any of my existing characters that use the RPG classes. The character select screen shows a yellow caution sign in corner and my characters portraits disappeared, as well as Health and Mana reset to default.
When i click on the caution sign it gives me an error message saying:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at RPG.MPlayer.Load(TagCompound tag) in c:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\RPG\MPlayer.cs:line 141
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.PlayerIO.LoadModData(Player player, IList`1 list)
Char1.png
Char2.png

EDIT: I created a new character and can use them, and choose a class fine. The mod seems to work fine for new characters, just can't use my old ones. If i disable the mod, the characters work fine, just without their respective classes.

Last edited:
I get an error after updating both tmodloader and this mod.
The error message is:

View attachment 162600

I'm not sure if I am just missing something, but I just updated modloader and this mod and now I can't play any of my existing characters that use the RPG classes. The character select screen shows a yellow caution sign in corner and my characters portraits disappeared, as well as Health and Mana reset to default.
When i click on the caution sign it gives me an error message saying:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at RPG.MPlayer.Load(TagCompound tag) in c:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\my games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\RPG\MPlayer.cs:line 141
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.PlayerIO.LoadModData(Player player, IList`1 list)
View attachment 162617 View attachment 162618

EDIT: I created a new character and can use them, and choose a class fine. The mod seems to work fine for new characters, just can't use my old ones. If i disable the mod, the characters work fine, just without their respective classes.

These are the same problems i am having as of about 10 minutes ago when i updated the mod as well, i was using all of my characters on a server with friends and now all of our characters are gone D= would like to know if there is a possible hotfix you could push out for this, or some way we can all recover our characters. We would all be eternally grateful if you could help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom